1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Kalibrgun owners not happy with ratworks

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by max29july, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max29july

max29july Engaging Member

has anyone one of you guys got a kalibr cricket tuned by Ratworks i was going to buy one but apparently according to the kalibrgun forums the guys which bought the ratworks ones are having to get them repaired due to being very inconsistant and suffering from not being accurate i think i will wait now as have bought enough donkeys in the past dont want another one . i wonder why they allowed him to do them in the first place as they are supposed to be fantastic out of the box apparently Phil crampton shoves some peices of delrin in the reg which does not agree with the gun :eek:

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I will be staying clear of KalibrGun's and Ratworks after all the stuff surrounding the crickets :down:

3. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Me too Matty. If I get one I'll be buying direct

4. max29july

lets hope they get it soughted maybe if they get a decent tuner they can avoid massive sales slumps

5. mattyts

mattyts Donator

We will see,I hope that some of the more prominent airgun manufacturers have seen the bullpup market, a bullpup from Air Arms,Weihrauch or Daystate would be top class and have a huge following.

6. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Buy one take out the delrin simple 5 min job dimion has contracted ratworks doubt he ill break that contract if u want to import and cant get hold of alex try fred kurvers in holland or the finnish guys Lots of places still import but prices are rising very fast the .25 has rose £400 scince i imported mine

7. max29july

i am on all their lists to get me one but the word is Mr Crampton is has tried and quite successfully managed to stem the flow of guns to the UK from all sources by telling kalibrgun they are ilegal here and need his golden touch to be accepted also saying to kalibrgun certain gunsmiths were selling them to cheap over here so causing kalibrgun to hold off handing them out seems a bit of a low move but looks like it may backfire if the work he is doing is not very good.

8. walker

walker Busy Member

from what ive read and heard about phil at ratworks this has been a long time coming.

9. tubbiescooter

tubbiescooter Engaging Member

I have one in .22 from artworks had no problems with it is far had it for a month now anyone local is more than welcome to come and shoot it I can't speak for others but mine has been fine so far

10. max29july

try it over a chronograph see what its doing and have a look on the kalibrgun forum apparently when the delrin lumps are removed they are super consistant

11. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

RYTTT . Grumps knows something you dont know ! Dont ask as Grumps word has been given on the subject and Grumps word is Stone as many of you know . Kalibre guns are excellent kit UK import is complicated , What Grumps will say is steer clear of kalibre gun UK they are self serving lying :handjob: I think that they managed to get banned on here in a day proves that . On a personal level il never ever deal with Solware ever again as they are mis representing the situation and have blown wind up my arse on the subject :mad: and i was spending nigh on £1000 :eek: Rat works i hope get ripped to pieces on the net as the guy is a Liar . Proven . Some game changing kit is on the way . Give them time i think they will be up there with the best . proper infrastructure is being established and the chancers being ruled out . any liable actions to Grumps not the forum . Im truly disappointed in Solware I met the guys at the first forum meet and liked them . Now i dont . Not good to BS Grumps . Simple

12. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Contact Ed at edgun, get a matador fac or tuned to sub12 sent to your local RFD, or sent to your door:up::up:

Can't be arsed with if, buts, and maybes!!!

13. tubbiescooter

I second that I own both and edgun is better build quality

14. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

RIGHT! where do you stay mate,
    :D
    I need to come and have a play:eek:

15. tubbiescooter

Had it over my chrono and it's running at 11.6 with no more than 4fps spread from 200 bar till it comes off the reg I've been videoing it so can put up a review once it's finished I will post it fingers crossed I'm off this sun so can do more on it

As I said I can't speak for any others but mine runs fine they are nice rifles overall and as stated by others on here if you're not happy with the stuff rat works has done you could have it back to factory standard in a hour they look really simple to strip

16. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Hmm i have to agree a bit with ratworks dilemma, I had a delrin bolt off him and it worked loose very quickly, he said it was normal because he used to use superglue but it didn't hold. I sort of thought "didn't you try another glue?" But left it as thought he would of......
    He did sell me a slightly rusty tench reg though which was good of him as they were out of stock....

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  17. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Although I don't own one nor do I think I will in the future I see this debate to be very much like the BSA R10. Love em or hate them, many had issues many don't and never have.

It a new gun thats built at Xft that does not suit the uk market and has to be altered. Now the manufactors built the gun not with the uk market in mine otherwise it would come in 12flb. Kilibrgun are ovbiouslly selling plenty guns around Europe without having to alter them, so why change.
    If Ratworks corner the market with them and don't do there job people will vote with here wallets. But it's a nice looking bullpup and will have a following regardless of some guys negativity, just like the R10

Just an opinion but it's only time will tell the whole story.
    Andrew

18. El Caro

El Caro Keyboard Hero

Reading about it my guess it is mmade more for the booming US airgun market. More restrictions they are getting on the use of firearms over there means more $$, in Kalibreguns eyes:up:.

19. max29july

ive have just read on another forum ratworks want to put tench regs in these????? nothing wrong with tench regs but from what i have read and seen the kalibrgun reg is fantastic single figure spreads out of the box or is ratworks trying to introduce a component because he can not better the origonal one adim please do not delete this thread like another certain forum us peeps depend on these threads to keep up to speed on imformation before we spend our hard earnt cash on a new product and its ok sticking heads in the sand and pretend all is hunky dory but doing that could be to the cost of our forum members so please keep it going unless it gets boring or drifts off course .

20. El Caro

El Caro Keyboard Hero

The info on that forum was not correct. I believe it is only the R10 factory reg he has stopped working on preferring to fit a Tench reg that Ratworks have bought the exclusive on. Thats what it says on his facebook page. I guess thats why XTX now offers Huub regs? The BSA factory R10 ones dont work as a regulator anyway according to XTX, JB and now Ratworks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.