1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Just watched feildsports-britain.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by mikey3175, Sep 17, 2014.

1. mikey3175

mikey3175 Engaging Member

Evening All.

Just watched feildsport-Britain on the you-tube.

Couple of lads Lamping with lurcher. I used too have two whippets and spend hours of fun Lamping.

I now have my trusty fx2000 and a few lamps.

Would i rather watch the dogs chasing the bunnys or take them with the gun?

Tough question but i think the gun just takes it.....

dont need to feed,walk and clean up the mess of the gun...

Any of you guys had the same and which one would you choose?

Regards Mikey.

2. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

I used to "lamp" with a shotgun years ago for rabbits during the wee small hours lol. Never had dogs myself and not keen on them anyway, so for me it would always be a GUN! :D.

Air Rifle only now, but very tempted to put in for my FAC/SGC again the more I shoot again these days :)

Andy :)

3. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Bred whippet /bedlingtons for the last 35 years......

Fly is still with us, but old now - still mustard at squirrel spotting though!

[​IMG]

Her son is coming on fine. This was taken about a year ago. He is catching on fast!

[​IMG]

4. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer LOW BELLEND THRESHOLD

the dog lamping boys can crack on for me as long as they leave the foxes and deer alone.
    I know of some some real b@stards!!!!!!!!

5. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

Use to do a lot of lamping with dogs years ago but prefer my shooting now

6. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

I used to love a spot of dog lamping back in my teens, about 6 of us would all sleep over at a mates house then head out early hours they where fun times or the odd phase of ferreting but these days I don't think I could be bothered with it... The long walking and tracking through muddy fields... Give me a gun and a quiet spot under a tree/bush any day :D

7. scottroutledge

scottroutledge Engaging Member

I still have lurchers but no lamping for me these days, its too hard to get any perm for dog lamping and its not worth the hassle of going poaching . Plus the kids around here have raped all of the rabbit fields around where I live, its got to be a gun for me , the dogs are awesome to watch but they cant drop a pigeon fron 35yds! Lol
    Scott

8. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

Going back 17 years ago we had the local parks just behind us that believe it or not was wick with bunny's and as you walked through from first, second and third park you met the start of the farm lands right up beyongbthe A19, we never had permissions but the farmers didn't mind back then as long as you kept of the crops and closed gates and didn't damage fences :) these days though I'd imagine its a different story given how disrespectful some people are and the damages they cause...

9. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

I often pondered this when we were kids/teenagers, but on reflection, I think we just simply rarely got caught or seen :D

Not something I would risk these days now I am older, but then again with the land acerage size I have to shoot on, thankfully I don't have to risk such things anymore ;)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  10. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

We got greeted a few times by a shot gun wielding farmer "when being on a new field and not knowing where the farm house was you would scan field with the lamp and some times catch the farmer house full beam..." But luckily no harm or police where ever called :) these days however I don't think you would get away with it!
    People are a lot more hostile than friendly now before hearing you out and kids or teen's these days don't have respect for other peoples propperty or at least a certain percent of them don't which gets them all branded... Its strange how times have changed!

11. fatbob

fatbob Engaging Member

Lamped with the dogs for years and loved every second of it in the end it just became too much hassle, most of my mates have went the labrador/shotgun route, I prefer my modern torch/air rifle setup. One thing I do miss is I was far fitter when hunting/exercising the dogs ;)

Atb
    Bob

12. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

My mates farm that I shoot on is 1,300 acres and although that is a resonable size, when I'm out shooting (More so in certain parts), I see people contantly walking over his land as and when they feel like it with their dogs (Often NOT on leads despite the fact you can't miss the sheep around :rolleyes:) and others just "out for a stroll", others on mountain bikes and then the "usual" teenagers lighting fires, smashing bottles, damaging fences/gates etc, "We're just camping out mate" :rolleyes:. He owns an approx 250 acre piece of fields/woodlands about an eighth of a mile from the main farm and it stretches right down near as dammit to the edge of the town. Now wouldn't you know it, that's where I see quite a few people walking/messing about :rolleyes:. I don't really say anything to them as I am just there to shoot with my mates permission, but obviously I do have to tell him when I see such things and he expects/wants me to tell him. He is very busy as most farmers are, and has no time to be constantly checking for "tresspassing" on his land and tresspassing is what it is as there are NO public rights of ways or any public access on any of his property. I don't blame the teenagers really. The adults should know better though :rolleyes:. They sure are taking a chance though as my mate is not always known for his gentle approach and has a pretty mean temper when it comes to his land lol. Oh, he's also a pretty big bloke :D

13. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Lovely dogs mate. Nothing better than having a good dog is there!

14. scottroutledge

scottroutledge Engaging Member

I lost interest in lamping with dogs when my old bitch had to be put down, have a pup off her that works but she's not a patch on her mother!
    Scott

15. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

I see what your saying but I would rather have a good sort lol