1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Just bought a nice wee BSA Superten...advice on servicing/tuning?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by BunnyBeware, May 11, 2012.

1. BunnyBeware

BunnyBeware Banned

As above. Just bought it today in really good condition. I know the fella i bought it from and he bought it new so know its history. I love to tinker so i'm looking for advice on servicing the rifle...replacing seals etc and any other tuning tips. I don't have FAC so would obviously want it putting out approx 11.5ft/lb and no more.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

2. mick 1986

mick 1986 Keyboard Hero

Whats it putting out now? What Mk is it?

3. BunnyBeware

BunnyBeware Banned

Not sure as i haven't chrono'd it yet...no air. It's a BBK though not sure which mk it is.

4. andy draper

andy draper Post Whore

personally i don't know about them,but for a gun of that pedigree i don't think i'd be "tinkering" myself.Use it till you get the funds,or you may have them already,and send it away for the works,reg'd,blueprinted or whatever can be done to it.I don't mind stripping and refurbing anything no probs on that front,but with a gun like that i'd like it top notch not just tuned by myself.
    andy.

5. BunnyBeware

BunnyBeware Banned

I stripped my 97k down and fitted a v-mach kit and it's sweet as a nut...could've done it with my eyes closed to be honest but i took the stock off the BSA and there seems to be lots more components/springs etc so i've left a message with John Bowkett to possibly get a service and blueprint. Anyone had their Superten done?

6. mick 1986

mick 1986 Keyboard Hero

Well I wouldn't be "tuning" it then!

As for JB worked S10s, I had a Mk3 and it was amazing!