1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

just a thought

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by crazymadfish, Sep 9, 2014.

1. crazymadfish

crazymadfish Well-Known Member

Not that i think it would effect the uk directly but if scotland gains independance could that affect airgun laws

2. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

For who? Its nothing to do with us as it was a Scottish law.

3. zippy1

zippy1 Donator

Don't vote yes for fishface then ...;)

4. p45ton

p45ton Busy Member

They ought to let the English vote as well - Then the 'Yes's' would definitely win.

5. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

We should have a vote after to see if we want Scotland in or not. That would get their kilts in a ruffle.:rolleyes:

6. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Ye think,

thats why the Westminster mob are up here begging us to stay, oh I know why,

££££££££

7. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Ye think?

Its to save (not make) us billions in debt that you won't pay back unless you're allowed to use a currency that you won't financially support!

Its to save us billions when it all goes tits up, when the housing market collapses, pension funds dissolve, you have no currency to be able to export or import etc etc

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  8. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

I think a yes vote will be bad for us all, what ever way the vote goes, it will cause some deep divisions between Scottish people, all I can say is, patriotism does not pay the bills. But I do wish the Scottish people well, what ever way the vote goes, I am just glad I am not a Scott, having to decide YES or NO. Good luck and Atb, from Bob. PS. One thing to remember is that ALL politicians are only in it for one thing, not the interests of the people, but the interest of their own bank accounts.

9. p45ton

p45ton Busy Member

Well said sir. But let's be clear they cannot walk away from their 'fair' share of debt and nor will they have British sterling. There WILL be a price to pay for independence....

10. p45ton

p45ton Busy Member

I'm stopping now before to mod's have to get involved. As Bob say's all the best and I also wish you well

11. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

I must agree with you, a BIG price, me thinks, but good luck to them. Will leave this one alone now, as it is off topic.

12. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Good call,

i dont want this subject to be the cause of arguments with people I regard as mates:):)

Back to the OP, whatever happens I hope Westminster don't introduce any stricter laws for the use of air rifles for my fellow English shooters:)

13. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I don't care what happens I live in my own little world :D :loco::nana:

14. highland chief

highland chief Donator

number one who says we wont have the pound:rolleyes: oh yes the English, and another thing we are not voting for alex salmond we are voting for independence, I for one are sick to the teeth of tory {London} rule.

that's my rant over.

gus.

15. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Gus, you can have the pound, you can call it what you like, but it can't be used as the UK sterling unless you pay the taxes to the Bank of England to support it, which salmond says isn't in the manifesto.

You can't just print it, you could just print the dollar, but not paying into the US system it's worthless, Fraudulent.

You (Scotland) doesn't have an answer to this, if you're truly independent you either 'buy' currency from the Bank of England what could be the English pound (and you get to eat your cake by using the stability of the pound) or you find your own currency, paid by YOUR country which has a conversion rate against international currencies, which global stock markets obviously don't have a lot of faith in.

If you're not part of the UK, you're not part of the currency, same as Africa, South America and other independent countries with multiple borders.

its a disaster waiting to happened for all parties involved, especially Scotland.

Devolution was not intended to go this far.

:up:

16. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

You can have your "Yes Vote"

Then you can look forward to your air gun license, YES Your New Air Rifle License.

Andrew

17. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

in regard to the op ,imo its only a matter of time before the "air gun licence" is brought in, in england,...not because it is a sensible law, but because its a revenue maker, and i dont think it will be because scotland has it , as stated in previous more elaborate posts, its a vote that will take some thinking about for the scottish folk, and i too wish them all the best, whatever the outcome, :)

18. Titchgamer

Titchgamer Honorary Member

To answer the OP.
    Will it effect England? No, Scotland? Very possibly.

As for the who independance thing I agree its a disaster waiting to happen, We are all p****d off with the gouvernment but sadly we are screwed without one.
    Scotland going independant will cause nothing but grief for people both sides of the border.
    As well as the whole financial issue which alone is enough to say its a bad idea you also have the Losses to both countries.

And then when it all falls flat on its face it will be expected of us, the rest of the UK to bail em out.

I wish the scotts the best, If you lot want to be independant good luck to you.
    But I hope that if you go independant that you stay that way and take it the way it is intended, IE expect nothing from anyone else.

19. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Just read the following which was posted on Facebook......a very worthwhile read.

Well it's nearly here! The Referendum that could lead to Scotland divorcing from the UK. I am not a politician. I am a born and bred Scot living and working here and typing this on his phone from his bath. Sorry about the last bit.
    Let's cut through the BS, the scaremongering (on both sides) and the dream selling. This is important. For our children's grandchildren and beyond.
    All proud Scots want what is best for Scotland, so let's start by agreeing that on this we can agree.
    Let's also agree that too many policies for too many years were 'made in London' and did not address Scotland's specific needs.
    But we now have a Scottish Parliament and all parties agree that it will get more powers whatever the outcome. I believe that. Mr Salmond and SNP do deserve credit for getting Scotland's voice heard better than ever before in my lifetime. But the fact is that with our own parliament in place we can't keep blaming everything on Westminster. That's out of date. We already have many independent powers, with more to come. To move from a wish to secure these extra powers, to filing for full divorce, cannot be the right thing for Scotland.

We have a population about the size of Yorkshire's but over a much greater land mass to service with roads, small schools, hospitals etc. Our population is ageing faster than UK with a big pensions challenge ahead with a lot of gold plated public sector pensions in there. We have a relatively small tax base and we rely heavily on the public sector for employment and on one commodity.

Oil and gas is a valuable resource. The most optimistic forecast gives us 30 or 40 more years on the dipstick, the blink of an eye in the life of a nation. Yes, it may see today's politicians out, but they will not be around to deal with 'life after oil.' During that time the price may vary greatly. Up or down. We have no control.
    Basing a 400 year decision on a 40 year resource of which we do not control the price does not make good sense. Short term-ism on a grand scale. It will take one hell of lot of wind and whisky to replace it.

The form of 'independence' that says 'We would like to share the pound in a formal union and the Bank of England can carry on setting the interest rates' defeats one of the main claimed benefits of independence..controlling one's own future. Interest rates would be set in a country made foreign by a yes vote, a country that no longer had any political or other motive for considering the interests of the 'independent' country north of the border no longer part of UK. This could really hurt us. This is the version of 'independence' that Mr Salmond claims to want for us. I just don't get it.

Talking of banks, if we were to divorce from UK, we would have no lender of last resort. We don't need long memories to sicken ourselves with the mess of the so called 'financial crisis'. I have another set of words for it: greed, lies, arrogance and more greed. But the fact is that our own Scottish institutions had their snouts in the trough along with the best of them and together they nearly brought the country to its knees.
    IF we had been independent at that time, Scotland Plc would have been bust. The Scottish taxpayer could not have underwritten the debt. We needed the financial strength of the Bank of England and the UK taxpayer to bail out RBS and others. It is a fool that believes that humans really learn from past mistakes... They go right out there and make all their own new ones. Would we like to go to Europe for our bail out if it were needed in the future. Greece is not having fun.

It strikes me as a peculiar form of 'independence' that wants to divorce from England, while at the same time get closer to Brussels. If one of the main complaints is feeling controlled by an unelected government, do we really want to swap London for Brussels?
    It seems to me that there is a hefty dose of 'anti English' being confused and dressed up as pro-independence. Pre- divorce proceedings are messy, and it saddens me that Scotland is going through its own version, whatever the outcome, with our three other partners in rest of UK.

I am a passionately proud Scot. Born here, schooled here. I've spent my life working here, investing in and promoting Scotland both in UK and abroad, and doing my best to provide good employment here. My children were born here and are schooling here. My point is, don't try and tell me that believing that being in a BETTER version of UK, which we can have, and staying part of the family with our Welsh, Irish and English friends somehow makes me un-patriotic or less Scottish. Please.

I know some, perhaps many will disagree with what I say. I respect your right to do so. But to those that do in turn I say respect my right and those that agree with me when I say with my heart and my head, let's stay together and work hard together to make Scotland an even greater part of Great Britain.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  20. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

A salient post, if the Scottish community honestly, really believe it's the right thing to do then off they go, no coming back.

Analogy, saw Scotland off from England, float it or tug it 1000 miles NW and see what happens, isolated, no currency, no EU, no NATO, that's independence.

Dont get me wrong, the UK needs Scotland to stay a main EU player, we're all going to lose out if Yes is successful.