1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Junior rifle wanted whats on offer

Discussion in 'Sales Graveyard' started by doodsy, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodsy

doodsy Donator

Morning all,

Hi im looking to buy my son of 8 his first rifle, before I spend his birthday money
    I thought I would see if anyone has anything suitable to offer,

so ok he is 8 as stated normal build( ask him tho and he is mr muscle :D)
    he has been using my 1377 with a stock fitted and red dot sight and is a good
    little shot at 10 meters, we have now found somewhere to shoot and even
    his mums going to come :eek:,

fancy a springer for him and would like something ok, local would be nice
    but will do post for the right gun

needs to be a smallish gun so that he can handle it and not to harsh on
    recoil and .177 preferably not essential though

thanks and atb

George

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy Newbie

I'm not a big person or very strong so junior rifles suit me . I started with a daisy red Ryder my grandson loves it cost £60 I also have a webley Scott junior easy to cock very light nice .177 good plinker cost £50 . Just got the gamo junior hunter bit harder to cock but it's getting better the more I use it also a .177 good plinker light weight cost £80 . I know these are not for sale but I hope it helps you the choose .

3. doodsy

doodsy Donator

Thank you MD, I do have a webley junior rifle but it doesn't have a scope rail and the barrel has a bend to it
    my brother has a webley jaguar right size but again no rail, probably a very similar action I expect, thank you
    for your input it is much appreciated

atb

george

4. jantar

jantar Donator

I have an almost new SMK QB78DL (CO2) so cocking would not be a problem. Still on its first CO2 12 gram caplet. Its very light and easy to handle because it was bought for my wife who is also small and not strong due to disabilities. Its no longer needed now because she has a PCP so its up for sale.
    Cost over £180.00 new its fitted a 4x32 SMK scope, mounts, a silencer adapter and it has a gunslip too. Like stated, its all as new.
    Looking for about 100.00 but open to serious offers. Located near Leicester.
    Collection preferred (when it can be tested) but can post/deliver if required by mutual arrangement over costs.

5. doodsy

doodsy Donator

Thanks for the offer jantar but looking for a junior sized springer mate ideally

6. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

7. doodsy

doodsy Donator

cheers meerkat, what make aand model is it mate

8. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

ah the link only shows the pic weihrauch hw 25l .177 tenby guns are selling them for £135

9. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

View attachment 102340 just to show the size the top one is a hatsan 55s the bottom one the weihrauch hw25l , i think the HW25l is only 6foot pounds hope this helps

10. doodsy

doodsy Donator

Thanks for the replys all, and especially to JD who has very kindly
    offered a junior rifle for my son free of charge :D,

The kindness and generosity of members of this forum amazes me
    from time to time, myself and young harry will be restoring the rifle
    when received and will start a thread on our attempt.

atb

george

11. doodsy

doodsy Donator

I would like to thank jd for his kind gift of a milbro g27 .177 for my son
    top man jd would not even accept the postage costs just asked for me
    to make a donation on his behalf which I have done jd you are a true gent
    thank you on behalf of harry and myself :up:

pics and update to follow

george

12. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Nice one JD!

Very kind indeed:up:

13. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Very thoughtful JD :)

14. doodsy

doodsy Donator

we do indeed have some very king and generous members on the forum peeps, just to let you know
    john went to the shooting club this morning but unfortunately it was clay pigeon shooting today,
    gutted so sighted the asi 4 x 32 scope up in the garden and we fired of a few shots,shoots pretty
    well to be honest does need a couple of very small issues looking at but harry is well pleased with
    his rifle from john JD, its a little big for him but I may shorten the stock but it feels kinda wrong
    to do that :rolleyes: , we intend to strip and refurb the rifle in the very near future so I will start a thread
    on our endeavours.
    View attachment 103295

cheers Again John,

George

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  15. JD

JD Donator

Hi George,

Don't be shy in cutting down the stock to suit the reach to pull of your son, use a bandsaw if you can and as Harry grows, you can add back parts of the stock, long screws is all thats needed and when its back to full length add some wood glue to bond it all back together.

Atb

John.

16. doodsy

doodsy Donator

Cheers John,

I suppose I will need to cut it down a little as he will be able to handle it better
    and as you say I can add it back later and refinish the stock, how old do you reckon
    it is john early to mid 70s ?, not sure why the old milbros seem unpopular they
    seem a fairly well made gun, this is the first I remember seeing.

atb. george

17. matty1971

matty1971 Engaging Member

Before you cut it down pre drill holes so when you do add what you cut of later on it will line up better

18. JD

JD Donator

Its not very clear George,

but there is a date stamp on the heal of the stocks butt, Jan 69 if I read it correct ?

Atb

John.

19. dave1962

dave1962 Posting Addict

Top bloke JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.