1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

JSB or Accupell

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by RugbyPete, Jun 20, 2007.

1. RugbyPete

RugbyPete Active Member

Because they both work out about the same price, but one bought in bulk, which is better of the two, Accupell or JSB Diablo Exact.

I hear good things about both. H&NFTT were pretty accurate but a little hard.

I'm looking to settle down with a single pellet, used for long range hunting at legal limit power (Cometa 300 springer)

Air arms diablo field were going to be another option, but I can't get hold of them as easy.

2. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

pellet choice

i personally would forget the accupell, or crapupell as they are known. they are a very dirty pellet, however saying that they do work well in some rifles. do a group test at the ranges you want to shoot at and decide from there... dont forget with a springer the lighter the pellet the more power you will get so please once you,ve made your choice of pellet, put it acros a chrony just to make sure your legal.....:)

3. RugbyPete

RugbyPete Active Member

So are they only crap cos they're dirty?

I refused to go near them, but people keep ramming them down my neck as being the best

AirArms much better?

4. topcat

topcat Post Whore

pellets

tried accupels in 177 i think the lead is to hard air arms field are softer lead and mushroom on impact lot of runners with accupells airarms =more clean kills

5. custom100

crapupell

different rifle barrels like different pellets. accupell are a very dirty pellet and foul up barrels fairly quick.look in a tin and you,ll see what i mean also get some out on a peice of kitchen towel and roll them about abit,towel will turn grey...

if they are washed and prepared they can( in some barrels) be extremely accurate... imo
    :up:

6. RugbyPete

RugbyPete Active Member

If I can get them, I'm going to look at Air Arms, I like the accurate/soft combo, shoul dbe a good comprimise over the hollow points that fail me.

Got 600 hollows to finish though, see if i can get them to do anything useful !

Those penetrators, fit very tight, will that be a bad thing?

7. custom100

penetrators

used them in my hw100 good pellet, stop rabbits dead at 50 yds

8. RugbyPete

RugbyPete Active Member

Have you seen the 'copies' available?

I had a free sample the other week, some tin and some in lead but same shape

Are they the same?

9. custom100

copies

not sure mate.. not seen them.............do they group well?

10. RugbyPete

RugbyPete Active Member

Unsure - ran out now... tookt hem hunting and they hit the spot 60 yards away

11. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

agree with you there topcat

12. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

Christ!...There are some very accurate hunters on here.

13. RugbyPete

RugbyPete Active Member

Had some more fun with the bullet shaped ones last night.

Took a pot shot down the field (as you do out of boredom) at a tree about 70-80 yards away (or the limit of my x9 zoom, whatever that is)

I aimed a little high to counteract the drop in height, not too much but the ammount I'd use for the H&N FTT to hit target (a fat parallel branch)...

fired..... the pellet flew straight over the top, where I aimed!

Now thats flat!

I will be ordering some more for sure - I just wish I'd noted if it was the lead or the tin bullet I used - more testing required I predict