1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Jobsworths!!!!!

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by career707lover, Jun 27, 2014.

1. career707lover

career707lover Busy Member

Jesus Christ some people need to get a life!!! Really busy in work trying to provide a decent service to customers and we are VERY short staffed at the moment and also have a lot of new people who have basically just been left to get on with it by management who seem to think that these poor ******** are psychic and just automatically know how to do the job.

As well as running about like a blue arse fly I get an email about 2 weeks ago "inviting" me to a training course. Dont know why they call it an invite as the last time I checked you could decline an invite, not so with this one, it was mandatory training. Anyway after accepting the invite about two weeks ago i hear nothing else although to be fair it put an automatic reminder in my calendar.

Now, I normally stay on after my shift (unpaid) to finish up some stuff (not for the company but for the poor ******** who are unfortunate enough to have to use our service). Unfortunately on this day I had to leave early, so I came in early did my hours and left and thought nothing of it. Next morning I come in to the "reminder" in my calendar which was set for 15 minutes before the training began. I had left well before that. As a result I missed this training. OK my fault, I accept that it was an oversight on my part.

I then get a snotty email from a "manager" strange title for someone who is the only person in their "department" asking why I didnt attend. I explain what happened and apologise for the hassle. I then get another email explaining to me how important the training is and blah blah blah and that she is now reporting me to my line manager.

Get a life you stupid jobsworth cow!!!!! Im sorry I forgot about your stupid training, which incidentally everyone else said was completely useless not to mention mind numbingly boring! I actually had some real work to do and provide a service to our customers. If your biggest problem is counting how many people do or do not attend your training sessions then I wish I had your job because you obviously have a lot of time on your hands! Arggggggggg some people really make my teeth itch and should actually be drowned at birth...........I feel better now thanks for listening!!!!

2. Fubbytucker

Fubbytucker Busy Member

To be honest you have been slack in managing your calendar and the manager is doing their job by informing your line manager. That said, your line manager also seems to not be managing you either.

3. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

just tell her theres a village somewhere missing there idiot ... and shes it :D

4. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Does this count as a "Jobsworth" comment.

Andrew

5. reaper6

reaper6 Banned

Jobworths where i work are usually assaulted

6. career707lover

Yes it does, and another one for a set of concrete wellies and the North Sea if you ask me. Would anyone really miss people like this if they "disappeared"? I just dont get why some people view their job as the be all and end all in life. Sure I made a mistake, I forgot about a pointless training session I accept that but there is nothing I can do about it now. All this does is put peoples backs up and make them never want to have any dealings with you again let alone work for them. I know some people are bullied at school, unsuccessful with women, ginger etc etc but a jobsworth is someone that I have absolutely no respect for....none whatsover they are absolute cretins, pond scum!

7. career707lover

Any jobs going? :D

8. Fubbytucker

Fubbytucker Busy Member

Well thanks for that insult, I'm not quite sure it was deserved though.
    You messed up and think that it should be forgotten because you saw the training at pointless. I would imagine that it was not the forgetting of the training that led to the complaint, but your attitude when contacted about it.
    Thankfully not everyone has your attitude to work and responsibility.
    I'm not actually a jobsworth, and dislike them. I do however abhor people that sound off at others as a way of masking their own inadequacies.

9. career707lover

It did sound like a jobsworth comment to be fair. Also because she is a jobsworth I knew it wouldnt get me anywhere telling her exactly what I thought of her so I just apologised for forgetting and that was it. It was her reply to my apology (which I didnt reply to) that got me. Lets be honest if YOU think that she HAD to report me to my line manager then you are a jobsworth too, even if you say you dislike them. All she had to do was pencil me in for the next session and that would have been the problem solved. I admitted my mistake and there was nothing else I could do, it wasnt the crime of the century and the world has, surprisingly enough, kept spinning. She was just trying to flex her muscles in work because she doesnt have a life outside of work. The thing is if she hadnt been a jobsworth it would have had the end result of not putting someones back up when there was no need for it and also the added bonus of possibly having me do something for her in future or helping her out in someway. Instead I will just now have no dealings with her whatsoever. Also it wasnt just me that felt the training was pointless, I actually had it last year, the exact same training as did those who went on it and everyone of them without exception felt it was a waste of time especially as they had already completed it last year. So all the whole situation has done is have a negative impact on a member of the workforce when there was really no need for it. I dont know what you do for a living or in life but if you think that her choice/course of action was in anyway helpful to anything then maybe you want to have a look at yourself and your own attitude to your job and the workforce, it might just get you someones respect.

P.S. if you were bullied at school you have my sympathy its not something I take lightly, similarly if you are unsuccessful with women or ginger I didnt mean to insult you I was just using those examples as an analogy.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  10. Fubbytucker

Fubbytucker Busy Member

I'm quite happy in my station thanks, no need for me to reassess my vocation or attitude.
    The fact that it is annual mandatory training would suggest it is probably statutory training which is required through some kind of accreditation or registration requirement. Companies these days provide as little training as possible other than what that have demanded from them by external authorities. If it is the same training year after year and is mundane stuff then it is almost certainly required in order to avoid penalties, rather than given for your benefit. No doubt there is a lot of pressure on them to have the workforce trained to enable them to tick whatever box it is they are chasing. We have annual mandatory training at work and if the workforce is not compliant there are both financial and legal repercussions. Just because you don't know how business works is no excuse to claim you're being persecuted for no other reason than your bizarre assumptions about a managers social life...
    In this thread you have been nothing but confrontational. Would it be fair to say this is indicative of your demeanour at work? If so, then I think the reason for the complaint may be clear.

p.s. I am neither of those things, nor am I insulted. I am amused though, at your persistent poorly disguised insults and am not surprised that your level of maturity has settled at those examples.

Practical suggestion: Check your calendar at the end of the day to see what you are doing the following day. Then things won't be missed and you won't have a 'jobsworth' on your back.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  11. career707lover

I didnt say I was being persecuted or even thought that I was being persecuted I was just pointing out that she is a jobsworth and its not just me that thinks it. As for me making "bizarre assumptions" about her social life its not an assumption or bizarre, she doesnt have a social life, I think this is what is commonly referred to as stating a fact? Now you can make all the assumptions that you want to make about my demeanor at work, thats your privilege, but it doesnt detract from the fact that you sound more and more like a jobsworth with each reply.

Also its not statutory training....I work for the company....I know what training is statutory and what isnt. There is no getting away from the fact that you dont, at least in my company (ill assume that you know about your own)? I also know when someone who is a manager of herself is trying to justify her existence in a company that, funnily enough is currently cutting costs. Ill give you a clue.......lets just say departments with only one person might be on the hitlist.

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about how a company that you know nothing about works? You dont know the sector, the name, the people, the turnover, the profit, the legal obligations....the list is pretty much endless of all the things that you dont know yet you make all these assumptions? You also jump to the conclusion that I know nothing about business? This, along with your "practical suggestions" would lead me to believe that you are also a jobsworth. There is no other logical conclusion to draw.

12. Fubbytucker

Fubbytucker Busy Member

I'm done. You know that old adage about not arguing with idiots... I'm too late.

13. career707lover

Right fair enough if you dont agree, people dont always agree with things in life thats the way it goes. But would you do me one favour and just entertain the possibility that you might actually be a jobsworth? Again you might not agree with that but just consider it for a minute if you dont mind? When you think about it youve nothing really to lose by just entertaining the possibility even if ultimately you dont accept it?

14. themadspread

themadspread Donator

thats the beauty of the building industry same scene two outcomes 1 that idiot would have been told to f@@k off numb 2 would have got a right hander

15. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Does she work in what is euphamisticaly known as "Human Resources" by any chance

16. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Put her out of her misery and give her one, she might leave you alone then! ;)

17. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

May not be the best way forward......................she may never leave him alone ever again.........................Strewth!!!! He might even have to marry the woman!:eek:

18. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Simply priceless!:up::D

19. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Poor guy came on here to release his frustrations on the group amongst friends only to be met with a reply from an even bigger jobsworth that don't even work at the same place !

20. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

If you seem to know so much about her personal life and what her job entails and what is statutory and what is not and what the company is currently planning to do with cutting costs and jobs, you certainly do know a lot. I am sure your in the wrong job, you should be a manager, in fact you could do her job seeing as you know so much about her and the company's future.

But that would make YOU a jobsworth and of course that would never do, would it.

Lets face it, you fecked up and you don't like being told by a woman that you fecked up.