1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

jill just come in season

Discussion in 'Ferreting' started by kal el, May 13, 2013.

1. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

i got a couple of ferrets to change up some lines and the 2 year old cinamon polecat jill has eventually come in season.

lets see what little belters we get, both parents are excellent workers

2. OLD GIT61

OLD GIT61 if no spring it wont do a thing

Kal good luck with them mate .My wife said i wont be able to have another dog when this dog goes . So then i shall have me a couple of ferrets.What you say ? I will want to know the ins and outs about them so i will look out for you to give me some info yes. Trevor

3. airhard

airhard Busy Member

One of my Jill's had 10 kits today.

4. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

shes 2 so its her first litter.

got an 8 ft run to put together at the weekend and some housing modifications, hope it all goes well for the jill. shes a real family pet and solid worker

5. airhard

airhard Busy Member

Sounds good, i used to keep the ferrets together in a court but find it much easier to keep them clean in individual hutches, they're cleaned out every day one scoop out of poo one handful of shavings back in, easy:)

6. kev1065

kev1065 Posting Addict

Sme as me airhard

7. deneo72

deneo72 Engaging Member

i use to keep al my ferrets together in a shed measuring 12x8 with a few pipes running to other runs around the garden as for toileting i had 2 plastic pet carriers in the corners before i put the ferrets in i put some mess in each carrier and just had them to lift tip in bin fresh sawdust and away they went as ferrets always use the same area biggest problem i had was selling kits off they was so much fun to play with and add 10 ping pong balls and watch the lot charge about attacking them as though they where eggs

8. kev1065

kev1065 Posting Addict

I got an aviary in my garden there is a few finches and cockatiels in there at the mo but I might get shut of them and convert it to my new ferret house instead of keeping them in the rabbit hutch

9. kev1065

kev1065 Posting Addict

How did you join the pipes to the shed

10. kev1065

kev1065 Posting Addict

How did connect the pipes to sheds

11. Ranger04

Ranger04 Engaging Member

Crikey, I'm new to this site and I immediately thought, "Bl##dy Hell, they're a bit open with family info here". Then read the thread. Idiot that I am ..... :eek:

12. deneo72

deneo72 Engaging Member

i used the plates you get to vent tumble driers out of houses with a flat plate on the end fed them into 4 inch pvc water pipe also had about 300 feet of pipes in the shed for them all to run about in it was like kids wacky warehouse for ferrets

13. kev1065

kev1065 Posting Addict

Lol sounds ideal, my 2 gills are prolific chewers so don't know if it will be a good idea if they manage to escape could be disastrous as we have chickens and rabbits in the garden too

14. deneo72

deneo72 Engaging Member

nom nom nom :eek:

15. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

ive got about 300 mile of water piping at the allotment but its diameter is to small,

just trying to plan this run, its 8ft long in an L shape 4 ft high, so im thinking of chopping it down to 2 ft.

on the plus side the butcher gave me 3 stone of chicken giblets, beef and lamb bone and hearts so theyre eating like royalty.

16. deneo72

deneo72 Engaging Member

keep the heighht and put them boxes and stuff on the sides with planks for them to get to things they will climb all over it and dont forget ping pong bals for them ferrets think they are eggs and will spend hours chasing them about

dene

17. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

just got in to find the hutch lid open and both ferrets gone, had a look and seems there is also a perfect square cut out of the mesh.

im foaming me and the little one were playing with them 10 hours ago. seen a cat limping aswell so dont know what has happened or where they are, but they cant lift a hinged 30mm felted 4/5ft long lid by themselves.

police are coming round later on today

i feel sick, they could have been dumped or out

18. deneo72

deneo72 Engaging Member

hope they turn up fella and you get them back

19. kev1065

kev1065 Posting Addict

Mine chewed through wire mesh a while ago so I replaced it with aviary 19g wire it was much stronger

20. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

right we may have a positive, been to see my local shopkeeper for cctv and he told me of all the commotion in the street at about 12 45am.

seems someone has let them out, possibly tried to steal them, possibly been bitten and the ferrets have done a bunk. they were nearly run over and seem to have been rescued so im waiting on a phone call.

hooray, the shop keeper knows who had them just hope they still have:up: