1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Jb or xtx for r10 and s10 tune

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Rabid, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Rabid

Rabid Engaging Member

As per title, I want both my s10 and r10 going right through and a full tune up, who is the best to send them too, have heard good about both.

2. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

Owned a blueprinted r10 by JB
    Currently have an XTX tuned r10.In my eyes,whoever you decide apon,you wont be disapointed,both them do a good job.

3. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

I bet Darrin will be cheaper! That doesn't mean he isn't as good, but he is realistic about things and doesn't try to ride the crest of the wave - I have great respect for JB and what he has done over the years, but he does milk it.

4. mattyts

mattyts Donator

We have an XTX Tuned and regulated BSA Ultra and it's one of the best guns i've owned so i would go XTX

5. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Got my ultra done by xtx, grear service, and done a fantastic job:up:

6. Huntingnath1

Huntingnath1 Banned

When i priced up having my bsa hornet done jb was cheaper! That was only a couple of months ago.

7. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

XTX will not tune Super 10s anymore, so for the S10 your choice is John Bowkett!

Don't worry, a JB tune means you get a whole new gun back!

Edit: The following is copied off the XTX website!

BSA SuperTen S10

Full service of the action and regulator - No longer offered

Thread the barrel for a silencer £35

Repairs - contact me for a price.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  8. Mattfranc96

Mattfranc96 Active Member

Met Darrin from XTX AIR yesterday and bought a huub shroud from him, found him very honest and reasonably priced for the work he does. My bsa is going to him soon to be reg and tuned.

9. stevep

stevep Engaging Member

not a bsa but ive Just had my Hw100k serviced and tuned by Darrin,excellent service the gun will now do a full charge just over 60shots with a 8fps extreme spread,each mag has a maxium of a 4fps spread.as a comparison my mk4 averages around 15fps to 20fps spread across a charge.

10. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Both will sort it out and make it shoot so much sweeter.

I sent my r10 to Darrin xtx and can't say anything else but top guy, friendly, knows his stuff and wow when I got my r10. He's a member on here to

11. basil brush

basil brush Engaging Member

I sent my R10 to XTX, I'd be more than happy to recommend him to anyone. I've not used JB, so can't comment on his work.

12. rattus

rattus Donator

had my r10 blueprinted by JB and had my scorpion xtx tuned and regulated by Darrin at xtx. both did excellent jobs on my rifles so the choice is yours.

13. johnboy22

johnboy22 Donator

Have had both of my R10s .177 and .22 blueprinted by JB, also barrel shortening, reg upgrades, large bolt handles, shroud
    shortening and a custom reflex mod made for the .22, to keep it quite as the barrel is only 11inches long.

Both rifles now how they where meant to be, nice smooth action and very accurate money well spent IMO, plus
    life time guarantee.

JB is a true gent to deal with and I do believe still fills responsible for the way R10s are turned out.

If you do decide to use JB am positive you won't be disappointed.

14. lodgey

lodgey Engaging Member

Both good haven't used jb but I've got my ultra SE with Darrin xtx at the minit you won't be disappointed witch ever one you decide to go with

15. chrisjpainter

chrisjpainter Engaging Member

Darrin will no longer shorten an R10 barrel down to less than 12". I have no idea why you'd want it that short (!) but if you do, he's not the man for the job. That said, mine's just come back from him and it's amazing. It has a Huub shroud as well as a Tench regulator, so now it shoots as good as it looks! A great chap to deal with. That said it's worth checking out workshop times for both of them! they both get pretty booked up and Mrs XTX has only just given birth the XTX-Junior, so I think Darrin's job times might be a touch longer these days! My gun was absolutely worth the wait though!

16. metalman

metalman Big Poster

Perhaps Darrin now has an apprentice :D
    , you know what they say about starting them young

17. Rabid

Rabid Engaging Member

I really don't think I am interested in shortening the barrel on any of my, I have carbines for those jobs, what's the advantage I am missing of buying a rifle then shortening the barrel ?

18. craigfishin

craigfishin Donator

From reading reviews n both I think the will both do a great job , I'd be happy with either doing my r10

19. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

New laws mean 12" is max for barrel length now I believe. I'm sure I read up on this on xtx and ratworks pages.

20. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Please just remember Darrin no longer tunes the Super 10! The R10 can go to either, but the Super 10 can only go to JB.