1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

JB (John Bowkett) blueprinted R10 and the backstory from John himself!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by watton, Jan 16, 2014.

1. watton

watton Active Member

So i have had this BSA R10 Mk1 for a while but just got into shooting thanks to my father, Wil1hit and the amazing fella's at kinver and furnace mill, anyway i had an air leak stripped and cleaned it was still leaking. I'm not very good with rifles yet as i am just starting out so i thought about paying for it to be fixed, after research and some great recommendations from friends i decided to have it tuned by John Bowkett. This legend, or as my friend called him today the dumbledore of BSA PCP's has done wonders reaching far and beyond my expectations! He not only did the stage 1 blueprint but i paid for extra's such as barrel thread, re-adjusted trigger, re-adjusted firing system, custom bolt work! Anyway whilst there he told me some information which was amazing itself without his work! He told me this particular gun was the 300th BSA R10 produced from the serial code and that the original barrel was a BSA Ultra 12" barrel which was replaced to the longer R10 barrel through its lifespan and shared some stories with me from the production and where the gun originated and how he can remember them waiting eagerly before the release date before christmas and having these imported. What a great guy he did some more work that i cant remember the list goes on but he also did 6 10 shot shootings in less than 10 minutes at 50 yards and i sent the gun without a scope! the grouping are the same size as a 50 pence peice and he labelled all the pellets used just as an extra to help me on my way! enjoy the pics below and ill catch you all sooon! :salute: :hail2: :whoo: :nana:
    my guns.jpg r10 firing.jpg r10 inside.jpg r10 regulator.jpg r10 single flash.jpg r10 bolt.jpg r10 single.jpg r10 rr1300.jpg

Attached Files:

2. rattus

rattus Donator

glad your pleased with it mate, tomorrow you can show us all how it shoots at FM.

3. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Great news and you will smile after shooting it, JB's work will have it running super sweet :up:

4. watton

watton Active Member

i'll see you tomorrow rattus we'll be there for 10 in my little banged up corsa!aha and ill post some groupings once i get the chance and let you know ty robin :up:

5. 14sheep

14sheep Well-Known Member

Looking and sounding fab. Hopefully we'll get to see it in action at Kinver on Sunday. Have fun with it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  6. craigfishin

craigfishin Donator

sounds great buddy , been considering this myself

7. watton

watton Active Member

yeah ill come kinver sunday but my magazines not feeding pellets properly so i need a new magazine or a single shot tray by sunday :S dont know anyone who could help me out or possibly lend me 1 for sunday so i can get 1 delivered in the week? i would recommend it craig had 100 shots today before my mag messed up but got it zero'd in 30 shots and it was hitting a grouping with accupels around a 5 pence size at 30 yards!

8. salop sniper

salop sniper Engaging Member

Watton, are you the chap at FM with the R10 who some times wears an american camo jacket ?

9. watton

watton Active Member

not me mate i just wear my joggers and a coat aha dont see the point in camo clothing unless im hunting xD i do go furnace mill though

10. craigfishin

craigfishin Donator

cheers watton , its not really for accuracy as mines faultless when it comes to accuracy (i have the mk2 vc) , its just i fancy having some work done on the trigger and action and thinking about a shroud , i hear you can feel the difference once john has worked his magic

11. watton

watton Active Member

well my trigger used to have a slight sway from right and left now its firm and smooth and the bolt feeds better and ive heard good things from a guy called rattus about the shroud being shortened and silenced or something give him a pm!

12. DaveF

DaveF Busy Member

Hi Did you manage to get the mag out the breach in the end ? if so how

13. Stokie99

Stokie99 Busy Member

I do love an r10 enjoy mate it sounds fantastic.:)

14. metalman

metalman Big Poster

What is the problem exactly with the mag, have you stripped it (only 4 bits) to see what is going on. Is it the old type, what calibre

15. watton

watton Active Member

16. watton

watton Active Member

metalman it is the old type magazine and i havent stripped it you can see shreds of leads like shavings in the magazine when you turn it

17. metalman

metalman Big Poster

Short pellets like JSB Express (.177) i load skirt first from the other side, this has eliminated the jamming i used to get in my R10

Have you thought of getting the "new mags" and doing away with the indexing system
    If you go this route, check power as it can increase

18. Bilko130

Bilko130 Engaging Member

Come and see me, I'll sort you a mag out for the day.

19. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

Just a thought Ade, you do know he shoots .22?

20. watton

watton Active Member

thanks for the help guys but i think its sorted now i took the mag apart cleaned it, greased it and lowered the tension on the spring and ive put about 500 pellets through it today and hasnt skipped a beat! im getting a single shot tray anyway but thanks for the help guys! watton.