1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Iwa Giles Video

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by mikeyhall1, Mar 17, 2019.

1. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy

Very interesting video I thought.

Multishot version of the PP700 which many are looking for.

Nice stuff from Zobria

And many other things.

SlyM1ke, littleJon365, ibo7 and 7 others like this.
  2. snipperuk

snipperuk Donator

The zbroia look better in the video when handled rather then just a picture ..... I liked the look of the new fx compact too

littleJon365, mikeyhall1 and Jukebox like this.
  3. Wofty

Wofty Heinz Meanz Springz

More FX shilling from Giles.
    Also it irks me when he apologies for being tired. If you want to do show presentations do em properly.
    He's degenerated into clowning with his cronies and spraffing out the same guff recently.
    The more I see Hot Air the more I enjoy their debates. Far more interesting than Giles sucking bellends for his next freebie.

4. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me!'

Nice one Mikey, Thanks 4 sharing..

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  5. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Big Poster

And not a mention of Daystate in the video!

6. Reevo17

Reevo17 Post Whore

Pp750 mmmmmm.....

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  7. psychosomatic gardener

psychosomatic gardener Engaging Member

That dreamlite compact looked good

evenbad and mikeyhall1 like this.
  8. Bagster66

Bagster66 Engaging Member

Some great stuff in there and you get the feeling that the airgun industry is about to explode.
    Brilliant products, with brilliant new competitions and excellent sport for aging populations.

There of course will be winners and losers with all this competition.

Burner and mikeyhall1 like this.
  9. Jonathan Parked

Jonathan Parked Jon Parkes

Watched that this morning...might NEED a PP7500 multi shot :whoo:

Reevo17 and mikeyhall1 like this.
  10. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy

I just hope that the SMK version is all black and has that current folding stock as I prefer the look of it.

Reevo17 likes this.
  11. Reevo17

Reevo17 Post Whore

No I like the wood and wire pull out stock! Shame it’ll still be classed as a pistol :(

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  12. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Tbh I find Giles far more tolerable in his later videos than the earlier ones, FWIW.. Certainly an extremely FX-heavy video and his old best-mates Daystate seem very conspicuous by their absence - looks like sides have been chosen.

It was nice to see a bit more of Steyr's latest, although interesting as it I don't think I'll be "investing" in one!

The Snowpeak M50 looks interesting (on account of being semi-auto) although I suspect will be prohibited over here as it looks to be based on a traditional sidelever actions, so presumably uses a bolt to load the pellet and hence falls foul of the "self loading" classification in British law.

Interesting that the above rifle is exactly the format reputedly causing concern to a certain industry pundit and magazine editor I spoke to some years ago on the semi-auto subject; being cheap, accessible and hence at potentially increased risk of misuse. Will be interesting to see if this gun makes it to the market over here since a lot of Chinese PCPs are apparently being sold with no AT; apparently with impunity from the AMTA for some strange reason.

The PP750 looks interesting, although after the shonky reg in my old PP700 I'd not be falling over myself to get another. While quality remains a mystery / source of contention with Chinese guns; one can't fault their drive an innovation which puts British manufacturers to shame IMO.

On that subject I can't help but feel this really highlights the decline in our domestic industry. Granted it's perhaps a bit unfair to compare their products to those coming from a whole world's-worth of competition, however in a market we once used to lead we now seem to be trailing behind, forlornly trying to keep up with increasingly innovative, sophisticated and superior foreign competition :(

13. cjsid

cjsid Engaging Member

Used to enjoy Giles , but it looks like he has taken the Fx shilling and his vids now seem Fac laden tbh , and to turn up to do a feature and have a low battery is not good and being tired is no excuse , do like the Zbroia's but feel Fx might be over reaching themselves as the Dreamline has only just reached us how long before the new ones reach the Uk

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  14. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Big Poster

I find it exceptionally frustrating that FX have all the new variations of products yet ASI have no pricing or knowledge of them!

Looks like another unacceptable wait for FX stuff!

The Dreamline being released in 2018 is still not effectively on the shelves it's ridiculous.

I do agree with Cloverleaf, this years has been entirely unexciting as far as new stuff goes!

15. Bagster66

Bagster66 Engaging Member

Compare the FX owners to the Air Arms owners and it's not hard to understand why we are falling behind.

16. jps norton

jps norton One Hit Wonder

There might be a possibility that ASI will not be the UK`s official importer soon ……..

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  17. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Big Poster

It was said that YT airgun videos should take a more amateur approach in order to be seen as just that "amateur" and not highly polished paid presenter sales vids!

The quality of the picture is also not good, perhaps this is an attempt at portraying the amateur approach, or more human, less salesman?

I see no harm in paying these guys personally so am quite happy with the old approach.

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  18. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Big Poster

Yes I think that is very true!

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  19. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Big Poster

On the upside Countryway are expecting the AGT Vulcan and that Uragan thing to turn up next week!

20. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Busy Member

I’ll second this. They are getting left out of the loop a lot and that speaks volumes

mikeyhall1 likes this.