1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

I've got wind

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Pinpoint, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Posting Addict

where I live at the moment which is preventing me from going out shooting. Apparently it is 24mph at the moment but is supposed to be 11mph tomorrow.

At what sort of wind speeds to people look up and think 'oh forget it' and what is the strongest you will go out and be happy hunting in?

2. reaper6

reaper6 Banned BANNED

9.2 here at the mo

3. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

I too have wind. Blasted beans...

4. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Posting Addict

Should be fine, just make sure you stay down wind of the bunnys.

5. JD

JD Donator

If you cant blow off ( shoot ) in the wind, what can you do ( MOAN ) ffs get off your farty ass square back sides and learn how your pellet acts when blown by the wind

6. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Posting Addict

So you go out no matter what the wind speed is?

7. muzzy76

muzzy76 Busy Member

Got any woods on your permission? Nothing like sitting in a wood picking the pigeons off when they come in to land. I've always found really windy conditions to provide the best woody shooting from trees and you have the benefit of the wood providing you with cover from the elements and the pellet not being affected so much.

I go out no matter what the wind is doing. I just cut the range I shoot down a bit when using sub 12, although the FAC power gets blown around just as much. Last time we had really blowy conditions here (26mph wind coming at nearly 90 degrees) I took a pearler of a rabbit at 68 yds. Even with 36ft lbs to play with I still had to give it nearly 12 inches windage.

8. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

the windier it is the closer you have to get, i,ve been out when its gusting to 40mph and still bagged a couple at 25 yards using the hedge as shelter.

9. Jimsiss

Jimsiss Engaging Member

I was out at my permission Wednesday and it was very windy, must have been around 30mph mark, got one rabbit square in the kill zone at 20 yards so not that bad for windy conditions.

Most of the time the wind dies down a bit but if you are waiting on rabbits to come out then you can also wait for a few seconds of lower wind speeds.

10. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Posting Addict

I dont mind taking pigeons in windy conditions as I find that they are a hit or miss affair as I only go for hear shots. With rabbits, which is all I have on my permission, I dont like to risk it unless Im under 20 yards as there is just too much of the rabbit to hit that will sent it scarpering with a hole or worse a pellet in a non lethal area of flesh. For me it ruins my week knowing that I've done that. Unfortunately my permissions are all 30 yard plus areas.

11. JD

JD Donator

If youve arranged to go out for the day, the wind and weather are just part of that experience, if you want to learn how the wild life act in windy conditions, go out every time you can, you only live once mate. Johnd wanders off and could not give a fleck tarn about the weather.

12. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward Hw95k/98 fan

i used to be out in rain,wind or snow as said above you only live once

13. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Posting Addict

I guess Im not good enough to hunt in 24mph at the moment then. I am happy to practice all day long to work out aim points but as I initially said I wont be bringing my crosshairs onto live quarry just because I should be able to.

14. kenhawker

kenhawker Honorary Member

I've never been able to trust a fart.
    Stick to the woods in bad weather, your quarry will be doing the same.

15. JD

JD Donator

Pinpoint your good skills, hone the ones that need working on, your get there in the end.

16. Irvysan

Irvysan Posting Addict

I used to but the last few years its 50/50............. :)

17. Fisherboy

Fisherboy Engaging Member

I find hunting on windier days better. It covers the sound of your approach more, allowing you to shoot at ranges I would not normally be able to get within before spooking them. Just make sure you are downwind and it will carry your noise away from them. It's suprising what a difference it makes. Closer ranges mean the wind has less affect on your pellet than at longer ranges in the same conditions. You may have to alter your approach to certain warrens etc and shoot from different angles so remember to consider over penetration etc. ...

18. old lad

old lad Busy Member

If it blows my hat off I go home.

19. JD

JD Donator

Thats some bad flatulence your suffering, are you sure home is the best place to be heading off to when it gets that bad ? LOL

20. kenhawker

kenhawker Honorary Member

Thats easy, wear camo pants.;)