1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

It's arrived!

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by Cymru-Dave, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

So after what seemed to be months of waiting (only actually a week) it finally arrived today, my HW100 FSB Carbine in .177, I picked her up, slapped the scope on her (MTC Viper Connect 3-12x32) and had to go to work, didn't even have chance to put air in her but here she is, I'll have a play when I'm home from work tomorrow am and talk about my findings.
    View attachment 100587 View attachment 100588
    Think this is going to be the best in my collection :)

2. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Looks a nice bit of wood on it .... :thumb:

3. Geordie

Geordie Donator

Oooooh, lovely!
    Timber looks good too:thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. neiled

neiled Donator

The scope looks to be set far back, is that the normal position for you? Lovely looking rifle by the way.

5. milek

milek Honorary Member

Very nice piece of timber indeed. Congrats

6. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

That's a very dark piece of wood for an OOTB gun, did you have it pre-treated? Looks nice.

7. fac emiel

fac emiel Active Member

very nice timber

8. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

I closed my eyes and put my cheek to the stock and that's where it seems to be in focus taking into account it's a short eye relief scope of course, but I literally had 5mins to unwrap it before work so I'll have a proper play tomorrow. As for the wood that's standard straight from the box brand new, I love it, they look red on the websites but it's a nice bit of walnut.

9. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Ow arrr!, nyce.:up:

10. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned

Love that dark look. How long is that barrel, it appears very long for a carbine, or perhaps its just the angle of the picture. Either way, nice tool and .177 to boot. Nice. KB1

11. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

12. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

definitely a carbine mate, here she is sandwiched between two of my springers for scale.
    View attachment 100624

13. Stokie99

Stokie99 Busy Member

Very nice Dave that looks great and a lovely grain and your other guns look great to you will love it I'm sure stokie99:up:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  14. themadspread

themadspread Donator

cant wait to find out if it is as quiet as a hw100 with a silencer keep us informed

15. BIG HITTER

BIG HITTER Engaging Member

nice I think you'll have some fun with that I nearly bought a HW 100 today just because it was there in front of me in the shop but couldn't decide on thumbhole or sporter how quiet is it with just the shroud compared to standard model with silencer

16. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

that dark timber actually makes it look pretty good (normally not a 100 fan)

17. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned

That must have some longer barrel on it than the standard carbine. If you look at my version, and bare in mind that the threaded end only goes in to the moderator by about 15mm max, You have oodles more length there. She should be super accurate. I am confused ?.... I thought there was only one length barrel. KB1 View attachment 100648

18. Geordie

Geordie Donator

Daves is the FSB version, yours aint from what I can make out.

It's the shroub/baffles that give it the extra length.

19. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

Na shes no where near as quiet as the modded version, but i dont really have a need for suppression and ive got my S400 if i did so i went with what i thought looked nicer, i do love a shrouded barrel.

And KB1 Yeah i see its longer than the barrel on the modded version but the baffles are located within the shroud making the overall length shorter than yours with the mod, its not as quiet as yours will be modded but quieter than yours unmodded.

20. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned

Got ya, I was worried then, that I had been diddled on barrel length. Thank . for that. Your right that shroud makes for the looks. I hope your as pleased with it, as all the other 'HW' owners seem to be on here. They are just clinical for accuracy. Will be really interesting to here how you rate her to all your others. Be sure to report back after some serious testing. Cheers KB1