1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question Is this wrong of me

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Ellcheepo, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Ellcheepo

Ellcheepo Engaging Member

Well I am normally looking to take out Rats and Maggies as they are my pet hate, But my Brother in Law is the operations director of a company and they have a warehouse that has always got Rabbits on the land destroying stuff. So he has asked me to come and take care of as many as I can. So here the question and my thoughts about some of it

1. At least 1/2 if not more of them have mixy and as I am not a shooter of Rabbits as I don't eat them. is it wrong not to take out the mixy ones so that it might stop the spread ?

2. Anyone know of a butcher / game person in the West Yorkshire area who might be interested in the healthy ones for sale. I am not in this for anything else other than to help my Brother in Law out and try and control the Rabbits that have invade the warehouse land.

I know this might cause a bit of a debate and I might get a bit of flak about killing them when it's not to eat and it would appear to be for sport, but I know why I am doing it and I have a clear consonance about it. On a Sunny day there is anywhere around 20 - 25 out in the evening so there would be a few good healthy ones and that is where my mind is not clear on as I don't intend to eat them.

Philip

2. milek

milek Honorary Member

Can't imagine anyone debating the ethics of taking out the mixy ones, put them out of their misery and move onto the healthy ones at a later time? It's pest control you have been asked to carry out so whether you eat them/sell them is down to what you want to do personally.

3. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

What he said. ^^^^^^^

4. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

As above. It makes no difference if you shoot them and leave them for the foxes or if someone else gases them in their warrens. If they are pests that must be controlled crack on.
    Cheers Andy

5. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

I would add that shooting rabbits is an enjoyable hobby in itself. I've said it before, nobody gasses rabbits or poisons rats as a hobby. Shooting rabbits is fun so enjoy it; we all know you do!!!

6. Owd Red

Owd Red Member

This is pure pest control, if you don't do it your brother in law will get someone else to do it, so get the job done with nice clean head shots. If you do leave them for basil perhaps you could just shoot half a dozen and see if basil is about. If not take a spade and bury them because they will stink and your brother in law may not be so impressed.

Good hunting and stay safe.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  7. Pete Jones

Pete Jones Active Member

I shoot the rabbits on my father in law's place, I'm only shooting the ones with mixie at the moment. I collect them in a bin bag and take them away to be burnt. As has been mentioned you've been asked to do a job (pest control) for someone. Better to shoot them than gas them IMO.

PJ

8. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

there`s a stack of people on here who`d be quite happy to go and carry this out it`s what we do .

9. jw74

jw74 Posting Addict

Hunting is a sport, so nothing to beat yourself up about:)

10. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

I can't see rabbits destroying anything in a warehouse. rats probably. if you aint going to eat it then why shoot it. hunting is providing food for your family not shooting "stuff" cause its there.and in any case it may not be legal to shoot around a warehouse as it could be too public.

11. milek

milek Honorary Member

He didn't say in the warehouse, he said on the land destroying stuff. Hunting is what you make it, not necessarily feeding the clan. How many rats or foxes get put out on the table (or mixy rabbits for that matter). Lots of assumptions made here.

12. mattyts

mattyts Donator

If he's picking off the rabbits with mixxy,good on him.

13. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

You can never compete with a killer that kills 24hrs a day.

Shoot the mixi at every opportunity never kill healthy ones in areas bad with mixi, it would be heartless, I would be begging for a bullet if I was infected with it, its the most cruel death.