1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

is this suppose to be loose

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by stejames, Sep 21, 2014.

1. stejames

stejames Member

hi guys i joined the forum because im very concerned about my gunpower hellcat. its putting out very low power, 6ft/lb. i also noticed yesterday that the value on the air tank is loose. see picture.

View attachment 103894

is this suppose to be loose, that it can be turned very easy by hand? i have never owned a gunpower before. its a brand new rifle and brand new air tank, ive owned for about 4 months. i would like some input on this, as i suspect this is why the rifle is down on power. and before anyone asks im not looking at breaking the law and turning this up to very high power. i just want my rifle putting out sub 12ft/lbs as its very low, and the value is very loose.

2. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

There should be a grubscrew in that hole, if its still there tighten it!

3. stejames

stejames Member

hi Tinbum, thanks for the reply, so its should not be loose? i dont like messing around with compressed air. there is a grubscrew on it yes. i honestly need a gunsmith, i have zero knowledge with this kind of stuff.

4. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

Push it on, tighten it and chrono again. I'm sure you'll be fine doing that.:)

5. stejames

stejames Member

ok, i have real problems, i tighten the 2 grubscrews on the value, filled the bottle from my drivers bottle to 190 bar, dry fired to make sure it was ok, had a few shots and its still down on power, so i unscrewed the bottle from the rifle and the value has almost come out of the buddy bottle. see picture.

View attachment 103920

6. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

You say its only 4 month old, take it back to the dealer for them to sort it out.

7. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

U need to unscrew tne 2 grub screws thenscrew the top hat back down till 5mm of thread is showing then tighten the grub screws back up chrono if happy take out tne grub screws and loctight em in any issues regarding power pm me or as ken say let tne shop deal with it dont worry if top hat comes off its sealed still no air will come out atvb dave G

8. stejames

stejames Member

Dave - thanks, i was getting worried that all the air may dump out the bottle, i think it will be fine. i'll have another go tomorrow, need to buy some loctight. obviously without it the value becomes loose.

kenbarcon - never mind taking it back to dealer, i feel like throwing it on the scrap pile... i bet i havent shot 40 pellets through it yet.

9. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Once set right they make decent huntingguns

10. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

That's what is known as the 'Top Hat', when you find the best position for it use a bit of Loctite inside it - & tighten the grub screws. Loose top hats are probably one of the biggest contributors to innaccuracy in Gunpower guns.
    When you unscrew the cylinder, open the bolt first, but be aware it's effectively cocked so keep away from the trigger.

If you tightened the grub screws & it's still done what you've shown then they weren't tight, maybe the threads have been stripped, the heads rounded or something, they're a bit delicate. I'd get them out & just check it's all OK in there & make sure your allen Key is fitting right, but it's definitely not the sort of place you want to be putting your back into it, treat them gently with firm fingertip pressure - they're a bit small for the job in my opinion.