1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Is there really that much difference in slugs?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Fog, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

I have been fiddling around with different brands of Dome head Slugs this winter and can see absolutaly no diffeence in them at all.
    Same gun and calibre with about six different brands.
    These are all domes.
    Now i hunt so maybe target boys can tell a difference but i did a bit of that but could still see no difference at all.
    These where all the common brands you would get on your shelves in the Gunsmiths so maybe there are better ones somewhere else but i doubt it.

Anyone?

2. Airgunner

Airgunner Well-Known Member

Thats a blast from the past "slugs" not heard pellets called that for ages.

You say the ones you looked at looked the same? Can you name the brands as from my expereance pellets are not the same.

http://users.skynet.be/mario.severi/airgunning/JSB.html

This might help you

Regards
    Barry

3. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

sorry to takea while to get back to you.

'Slugs'.........Showing my age:rolleyes:

I tend to use two now and to be honest there is just a very slight difference in not so much shape but design.

Its the Accu Pell and the Bisley Superfield. The difference is the bisley has a indentation on the centre of the round head as the Accu is just rounded.

What Difference can this make?

Its been Bugging me for a while but after two thirds of a Tin each the trajectory and impact are the same.

So what difference does that little Dent make.

Come on you Ballistic guru's enlighten me:D

4. Colin

Colin Guest

hey that was a real handy link there, but as for the dent it could well just be to make it look different, it depends on size, depth etc. for example if it's real titchy then its for show if it turns the pellet into a hollow tube then it may just have an effect...maybe

P.S. plus it might just be a machine mark

5. Chael

Chael Engaging Member

You people fire slugs out of rifles!!!!!! quick get the NSPCA!
    lol
    nice website that it gives an in site into pelllets (not slugs) from a different angle.

6. Colin

Colin Guest

chael, you've given me an idea! firing live, dangerous animals at people! now that would really kill them!

7. Chael

Chael Engaging Member

Actually that has been done... the aberiginees (austrailian people) used to fire deadly snakes at rival tribes out of hollowed out branches!