1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Is There 1 Make Of Rifle You Predominantly Own And Why?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Pete2, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Pete2

Pete2 Normal fella - allegedly

I have somehow ended up with Air Arms rifles.
    Pro Target mk2
    S200 mk1
    HFT500
    TX200 mk3

I did have an FX but that's gone and now all from the same manufacturer. Why? Because they are all easy to service myself, they are reliable and accurate.
    Not having experienced other makes for long (just the one), how has your collection grown and is it predominantly one make other another?

2. ibo7

ibo7 Big Poster

I've got 4 rifles.
    Weihrauch HW100
    HW95
    HW77
    Hatsan 55s

I had no plans to make 3 out of 4 Weihrauch and I'm no 'fanboy' but they just work for me. I'm open to any make as long as it's good and I've had plenty of others!

3. Halinfax

Halinfax Full time tinkerer and general all round nice guy

As long as it works well.. and shoots better... any make will do...

Also, providing the owner is proficient at shooting with it...that will make it even better...

I have BSA's, Stoegers, Hatsans, SMK's.... and I can shoot with them all to good effect..

No point having a WeirStateFXAirRapter S510/97 bullpup supercarbine jobby.... if you cant hit a barn door at 30 yards...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  4. Samobaggins

Samobaggins Big Poster

Fx impact mk1
    Fx impact Mk2
    Fx Crown
    Fx dream tac compact
    Fx T12 whisper
    And 5 or 6 other brands

5. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Nearly all Wauhrauch they just do it for me despite all that is said about them.

6. blackrat

blackrat Active Member

A A 400F long rifle 177. Walnut
    A Galahad Sports pup 177 synthetic. oooo get you sports pup.
    I thought I would say it before I'm slaughtered.
    B S A X L 177.
    Buy British keep your hard earned in our economy.
    Stay safe.

7. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl It's all about the enthusiasm!

I've owned a several Weihrauchs, a BSA Ultra, a Steyr LG110 & an Anschutz 8002.

I currently own a fair few Air Arms rifles & have owned many more.

I find them to be great quality & accurate rifles. I love the history of Air Arms & the fact they are an English company.

Halinfax, funkynoodle and steevie dan like this.
  8. rich79

rich79 Lovin the smell of cordite in the morning

Mki HW77
    Mkii HW77
    Hw85
    Hw95
    HW99s

Then I've got five Webleys, three Theobens & three AA.
    All the rest are odds & sods.

steevie dan likes this.
  9. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

For me its BSA.
    3 Ultra SE's
    1 Superten

I find BSA's very good value for money, they're easy to service (well the Ultras at least), and they match anything for accuracy.

Pete2, Halinfax, funkynoodle and 2 others like this.
  10. phil.m

phil.m Donator

I've ended up with mostly theoben rapids. It's a condition.

Although, I'm aware of it & I'm trying my best to purchase other brands as well.

Pete2 and steevie dan like this.
  11. carnivore

carnivore Industious Member

2 x FXs, 2 x BSA (PCP and springer), 1 x Air Arms (CZ), 1 x Weihrauch, 1 x Webley springer, 1 x Artemis, 1 x Brocock and I recently sold a Gunpower Stealth. I'm a bit of a tart really; I go wherever the action is.

Pete2 and steevie dan like this.
  12. Wing Commander

Wing Commander Posting Addict

Having been a lifelong devotee of Weihrauch :up::), I now find I have only one Weihrauch rifle, BUT somehow three Air Arms rifles have taken root into my collection. . . . and I am really pleased about it. :):up: They are fabulously accurate rifles, and are very easy to enjoy.

13. Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins Woodgate Mike.

Three out of my six are BSA’s, so you could say BSA.

I started fifty years ago with a BSA so I’ll end with a BSA.

upload_2020-6-30_8-44-9.png

critter, David M, Pete2 and 5 others like this.
  14. owain glyndwr

owain glyndwr Posting Addict

i have mostly diana's/original(9)a few hw's (5)couple of bsa's and webley

john 69, willo1962 and steevie dan like this.
  15. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Air Arms, because while far from perfect they're consistantly the least-worst offerings in most respects.

That said I think they've increasingly lost the plot in recent years and all but two of mine pre-date AT, while I have zero desire to part with money for any of their more recent offerings.

16. Spanielx2

Spanielx2 Engaging Member

Hw100, also have an hw35 that needs a good tune plus another that I cant remember the make lol. In the loft locked up

steevie dan likes this.
  17. rgc_swanseaARC

rgc_swanseaARC He's not the Stig...He's the Stigs Welsh cousin

I went the other way and bought on function.

Theoben TTR1, ridiculous accuracy, was my hft gun.
    DS Pulsar, set up as a grab and go day or night hunter
    Webley Xocet XS, I realised I didn't have a springer if I ran out of air and wanted a project over lockdown.

Pete2, willo1962 and steevie dan like this.
  18. steevie dan

steevie dan Very Active

Well i must of owned at least a hundred different air rifles over my time all makes and models, a few i miss and some that i don't, but i am happy with my BSA R10 SE.
    My first rifle was a BSA Meteor and my last is a BSA, don't see me changing it anytime soon.

19. Guloluseus

Guloluseus I break kit kats regularly :)

Ignoring the makes I only have 4 or 5 of, there are 2 tha tmake up the bulk.
    It was a shock to realise that HW made up a large portion, but given the number of springers I've got, its to be expected. think I have about 15, including the 100BP.
    In PCP, no surprises at all, its the daystates. I think I've got 12, maybe 10- Im not going to count them all now :)

It wasnt a conscious choice to go down this route, and most that know me can tell you I tend to be guns because
    1. Its something I've researched, tried, and want.
    2.did no research, picked it up , and liked
    3. saw it, bought it.
    4. Shiny! Want!

In terms of models, the 77k and regal are way ahead on 3&4. I just like them :)

20. Alan Locke

Alan Locke Engaging Member

I like bsa PCP's but because that's what I know, find comfortable, easy to work, inexpensive and readily available.

steevie dan and Pete2 like this.