1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Is it just me!!!!!! New ads in sales threads.

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by steve54, Feb 6, 2013.

1. steve54

steve54 Donator

I dont know if its just me , getting old and grumpy. :confused: - I imagine that the Mods must be getting pretty
    Pi**ed off as well !!!!!!!
    I am referring to people posting on the forum.- Mostly items in the sales threads. These people seem to totally disregard the rules of posting, and good manners :mad:.
    I know that some folk do have problems posting piccs with name and date. However these folk usually give a legitimate reason when prompted by the Mods.
    It does seem to be mostly people new to the forum , - with minimal posts.
    I am old fashioned i suppose. - I like to conduct my dealings with folk, whether it is on the forum here , or face to face, in a polite and respectful manner. The vast majority of members here do likewise.:up:
    It would be a great shame, if this attitude goes un-checked. As the threads would become a free-for-all.
    Well,i have had my rant. I will go and sit in a dark room for while now!!
    Cheers
    Steve.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. pistolpete1981

pistolpete1981 Busy Member

I'm with you on that one bud.

3. steve54

steve54 Donator

Thanks mate. Im so glad its not just me!!!!!!

4. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

The thing that gets my goat is the only posting things for sale on this forum. That rule is flouted so many times and so blatantly. Don't these guys think we look at other forums or places that sell guns that one that ends in star comes to mind. The rules are there to protect the forum members and stop arguments and people getting ripped of. Sorry to rant on your rant but it really grinds my gears.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  5. steve54

steve54 Donator

Please feel free!!!. Its good to hear other members views.
    This is a great forum. So many good people give their time, advice, and support to the other members here without expecting payment ,or reward. :up:
    Other than the satisfaction of knowing that their efforts are appreciated!
    Steve.

6. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

Like a certain Edgun floating accross forums at the moment

7. Egg

Egg Major Poster

As ever, if there's an item for sale here that's up for sale elsewhere the best course of action's always to click the exclamation mark with a triangle at the bottom of a post (via PC browsing anyway). If you're not able to do this because you're using the forum app or Tapatalk then just PM one of the mods.

As to the non-posting of pics with the old username/date thing - most of these can be controlled by the mods by way of approval but there's been more than a few come up by way of the back door of late and they've turned into a free-for-all before we've had a chance to take action. From now on I'm going to be un-approving any ads that flout the rules by way of the back door.

1 rule for everyone :up:

8. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

I fully agree, I also get p****d off when there is someone with 30 posts, every one selling something or buying something and making no contribution to the forum, they just treat is as a gun version of ebay. I also get wound up when people buy something at a very good price on their first post, the reason a lot of members post their items on here for a good non greedy price is to support the forum and its members, not so people who are not interested in helping out with the forum can buy a well priced item and never return. Though there is a bit of sour grapes in there when its something I wanted :D
    Perhaps a 20 post limit before gaining access to the sales section? It will stop people from just joining up to sell or buy stuff.

9. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

In the same time it will stop lots of sales as well.

10. milek

milek Honorary Member

What bothers me more is when the mods ask the OP to provide pictures some interested members are posting questions about the items before they even see pictures with names.

11. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

I thought the default in for sale ads was unapproved and that the mods had to approve them before they appeared on the forum?

I guess I'm wrong?

12. Egg

Egg Major Poster

^^ This, and if a sale's made on the back of it and it goes wrong........

The pic/username's put there to try and prevent fraud (as much as we can) so if something did go wrong with a sale like this then there's no way I'd get involved.

There's a backdoor that remains wide open ;)

13. hounded

hounded Honorary Member

A 20 post limit would soon be achieved in a matter of no time with a few compliments on posts etc it really wouldn't achieve nothing implementing it .
    At the end of the day they guys here do their upmost to keep it as safe as possible but common sense has to prevail with a buyer too as no matter what system is implemented a rat can always sneak through .

14. ithica -john

ithica -john Posting Addict

i've said this before

IT WONT REDUCE SALES

it will just keep sales to forum MEMBERS who contribute

I'm a member of talkphotography where we have a 'sales' access figure ...and it works just FINE
    and removes the IN-BUY-GONE scenario which obviously upsets many of the members here

15. bear-uk

bear-uk Engaging Member

I.d better start adding to my post list. From my point of view. I am on this and many other forums most nights to see whats going on. My knowledge of shooting is very limited, so a quick scan though the posts lets me see if there's any info that might help me. I could build my posts up by asking all sort of bleeding obvious questions like some do.
    Was thinking of putting a scope up for sale on here, but might get flamed if I do seeing as my posts are non existent.
    Steve.

16. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

Is it possible for mods to just delete any ad that does not follow the simple rules ?
    if they are breaking the rules by advertising everywhere ... Delete the ad and maybe send a short pm
    if the ad is re submitted following the rules then great

cheers
    simon

17. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

Not at all, we are all happy to have new members buy and sell on here, we just don't like those who sign up just to buy something and then disappear again not long after.

18. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

I agree it won't stop scammers etc, but it will put off people who sign up to buy a gun then disappear again. Just my 2 cents and I know that the mods do a excellent and hard job on here so don't want to sounds like I don't appreciate it because I really do.

19. Egg

Egg Major Poster

That's what a vast proportion of a moderator's time on the forum is taken up by ;)

20. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

In the last 24 hours there has been quite a few sales from new members, they would not be here if a post count was in place. So it will reduce sales. I bet if they removed the restrictions from the photo site sales threads would go up. ;)

Oh and there are many more sales on here that you never get to see because of the rules already in place.