1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting things to shoot

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by the fox, Aug 31, 2007.

1. the fox

the fox Member

I often find when theres notting to shoot other that printed out targets you can get bored:violent3:. Can you think of anything interesting to shoot? For example i sometimes shoot at blocks of ice or fizzy drinks that have been shaken.(leave safty out of this thread).:eek:

2. topcat

topcat Post Whore

targets

you can buy boxes of chalk targets what seem has though they explode on impact

3. hughgoldsmith

hughgoldsmith Active Member

Instead of chalk targets use extra strong mints! They are so much cheaper! Some fun things i have shot are light bulbs, lighters (the 10 for a £1 type), eggs and ballons with flour in them. Whilst none of these items will test your shooting they are fun!

Oh yeah thought of one more! Place a marker pen (metal bodied one) in front of some white paper and shoot it, makes some nice ink splats! :D

Hugh

4. topcat

topcat Post Whore

targets

match sticks at 40 yards only counts has a hit if you can light it rockabilly once used a stick of dinamite at 10 yards im just glad when i saw what he was doing he had only ten attempts and missed then i had to sit down and tell him how dangerous it was so he moved it to 15 yards plonker

5. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

yes old topcat is a right divvy, told me he could peel a banana at 70yds
    with 3 shots .

6. topcat

topcat Post Whore

targets

didnt need to peel it after the explosion glad i had gone home i thought you would never hit that stick still think you used a brick bang

7. the fox

the fox Member

CDs are also good.

8. AA Anonymous

AA Anonymous Well-Known Member

things to shoot

small bouncy balls are good on a hard surface like a patio they bounce everywhere

9. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Your pellet tin once it's empty.

One of those mini sized highlighters.

Actually come to think of it, I once used an old and broken BSA Mercury as a target once - sold it for £15 a few days later with a dozen pellets stuck down the barrel ...

Sometimes I shoot puffballs at the farm, too.

10. David

David Engaging Member

I use dried dog food, frozen peas, paint balls, eggs, coke cans filled up with water, even stuffed a plastic toy up with match stick heads to see if it would ignite.......:D...... didnt work!!!

What ever cooks your goose you can shoot at it.... now thats not a bad idea... sunday roast is up for target practice:eek::D

11. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Conkers make a nice twwwack :)

12. topcat

topcat Post Whore

targets

has long as they aint mine

13. paddypower

paddypower Newbie

I've a phobia with wasps, jam on a post 35 yards away helps with my therapy :D

14. Porky

Porky Active Member

Cheap plastic toy soldiers,I've got a platoon of 'em dug in at the back of my garden ;).....our local discount shop sells 'em for £1 for a 100.

15. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi, What about "Devil Bangers" and match head "Genies".
    Old mushy tomatoes are one of my favourates.

16. sharpshooterpete

sharpshooterpete Donator

i haven't done this but a friend has done it:
    get a big can of wd40 smother the can in something flamable set it alight and shoot it from a fair distance away and it creates a huge fireball.

pete.

17. Tim Park

Tim Park Active Member

hmmm.... CDs, Bathroom tiles, they both explode nicely with a .22 ealey wasp... apples off of trees, cigarette butts and smartie lids for iron sight skill shots, clothes pegs off the washing line.. I shot the lid off a little glass jar the other day which impressed my bro, erm..... oh yeah i shot a broken mobile phone too, it went through the screen and out through thee right hand side. And the slates and rooster on the church roof at the bottom of my garden.... I'm going to hell...

18. dom

dom Well-Known Member

hama beeds they just explode on impact.
    and a silly one paint aerosol half full nice pretty grass and if your feeling realy daft get some dry grass round base of paint light it then shoot
    nice flame ball.:D

19. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

cyalumes (snap-lights) hung on bits of string, in the dark, try multiple colours for the best effects. after 8 - 12 hours the glowing effect wears off, leaving no evidence.

20. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi Dom, What is a "Hama Beed"???