1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Interesting German forum article...bit about the trigger block mod has me interested!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by bigtoe, May 11, 2015.

1. bigtoe

bigtoe Donator

http://www.co2air.de/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=47091&pageNo=1

If you scroll down the tuner applies a piece of spring steel inside the trigger block to interact with the safety...I can not translate well enoigh to understand what is going on here...anyone else come across this before?

Yes I know its German....issue is the translators we use do not understand airgunning terms....can anyone help?

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  2. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

Cut and paste on Google translate might do it.

3. HWnut

HWnut Busy Member

I will translate after my lunch.

4. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

In the illustrated leaf spring is a funny idea, which I have already published once years ago. Pressing the assurance of 97k, presses one of the flanks in the groove of the locking pin to the pressure of restoring spring against the locking lever in the hood, which holds the sear. When release of the trigger acts of contact between pin and locking lever as a brake, because the locking lever is not free to snap back to release the sear. The leaf spring is mounted in the trigger block, that the corresponding edge at the end of 1-2 / 10mm comes to lie beyond the latch lever side. If you hold the locking pin into it, it clicks twice: once when the locking lever is released and shortly thereafter a second time, when the leaf spring clicks into the groove of the locking pin. The leaf spring now holds the locking pin in the "Unlocked" position, the locking lever is released. Witzig to this idea is the process like the safety pin is released and does not remain hooked to the end of time in the leaf spring. If the trigger is triggered, the sear moves forward down the back but upwards. Normally, their movement is stopped when it abuts the back above the trigger block. With exactly the sensitive (polished) surface on which slides the locking lever in the release. It Goes to the rear end of the sear against the (bent) leaf spring is somewhat intercepted by a surface with a high surface quality, presses the leaf spring up and are thus the locking pin again. Then everything starts all over again.
    Even if it's just a small thing, this idea I am a bit proud.

Just did this, not sure if it's the correct translation but better that nothing.

5. bigtoe

bigtoe Donator

Close but it still does not read so you understand what is really happening...i still can not get my head around what the spring steel is doing and how it benefits the action (if any)

I see when the trigger is released the sear will push the leaf spring up, releasing it from the safety (the recess part) however this is where i get confused as to what gains it makes.

Keep the translations and idea's coming, we need to get to the bottom of this one...any gain one can make to make a springer better is worth while imo ;)

6. loki_79

loki_79 Donator

Try sending a pm to the author via that forum, perhaps with a link to this thread? In my experience most Germans speak very good English.

7. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

What it refers to is the 'snap kenurdle', if you don't have one you will have to purchase one. Once you have it, it then locates on the klumpspiggot.

Taking the trigger unit apart should reveal the whoflungdung lever.... Once you can get your head around this it becomes self explanatory.

Hope this helps, please feel free to contact me if you need any further help/assistance.

8. HWnut

HWnut Busy Member

The pictured leaf spring is a neat idea, that I already shared a few years ago. By activating the safety of the HW97k, one of the flanks in the notch of the safety pin presses, with the compression of the safety rod spring, against the locking lever of the trigger, which holds the sear in place. By pulling the trigger, the contact between the safety pin and locking lever acts as a break, as the locking lever cannot spring back in place to unlock the sear. The leaf spring is going to get installed in the trigger block so that the appropriate edge at the end is coming 1 to 2/10mm to rest beyond the locking lever. If you now press the safety pin to the right to release the safety, it will click two times: Once if the locking lever is released and shortly after that a second time, when the leaf spring latches inside the notch of the safety pin. The leaf spring now holds the safety pin in the "fire position" in place, the locking lever is relieved. The funny part of this idea is the process on how the safety pin is released and not being latched inside the leaf spring until the end of time. By pulling the trigger, the front part of the sear is moving down, but the rear part is moving up. Normally the movement of the sear is getting stopped, when "she" (sear) has made contact in the rear with the trigger block. When gliding exactly over that (polished) surface where the locking lever is gliding during release. Now the rear part of the sear strikes against the offset leaf spring which gets slightly intercepted by a surface with better surface finish, presses the leaf spring up and by this releasing the safety pin. After that the process starts again.

9. bigtoe

bigtoe Donator

I work with Germans, most speak excellent English...Nico the lad a work with speaks better English than I do ;) the issue is gun terms, when he originally translated it for me it still was complicated as he did not know the english terms for the german terms he was translating...hence me asking here.

I am more bothered about what it actually does...whether its worth testing it etc

10. bigtoe

bigtoe Donator

Now thats the closest i have been to date to understanding what is happening here, he has made a 2 stage safety...the leaf spring is to take the safety out the equation when the safety is now in the the fire position, so the safety has no effect upon the rear sear (which it often does)

11. HWnut

HWnut Busy Member

Even for me as a German it's difficult to understand all this withtout really seeing what's happening, otherwise I would have written the effect of the leaf spring on the trigger mechanism in my own words and not with his.

For clarification in the text: With locking lever I mean the rear sear and the sear in the text is the upper sear which holds the piston rod.