1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question Insurance (again!)

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Jester666, May 10, 2012.

1. Jester666

Jester666 Active Member

The only shooting I do (Air rifle) is on the farm where I live.

Just a bit of plinking in the garden and a bit of pest control. Rats, Woodies, Mice etc.

What does the BASC insurance cover me for? And is it worth it?

Cheers.

2. tomo44

tomo44 Engaging Member

Check out the BASC web site, all the info you need is there.
    If you have any public rights of way across the farm land I would recomend getting some sort of liability insurance.

3. Jester666

Jester666 Active Member

I have looked at the website but I'm not too good with law jargon! :confused: :)

Copied from the website:
    £10 million Legal Liability Cover ( for all shooting categories )
    £10 million Employer Liability Cover ( for all shooting categories )
    £10 million Product Liability cover ( for all shooting categories )
    The policies provide cover for The British Association for Shooting and Conservation Limited and each member thereof. The Policies cover recreational activities of wildfowling, rabbit, pigeon, game, deer, vermin and target shooting, air-gunning, conservation, hawking, archery, angling and ferreting.
    The policies provide worldwide cover with a limitation of 90 days to cover holidays for members resident permanently in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man. (Excluding North America & Canada).
    The BASC insurance only covers recreational activities.

Can someone explain please! There are public rights of way on the farm although they are rarely used.

Cheers again!