1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Inside the Brocock Enigma

Discussion in 'Airgun Data Center' started by Ady B, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Ady B

Ady B Donator

Hi guys, not a comprehensive guide (unfortunately I haven't got time)I brought a service kit from Brocock for around £22, so here is a few pics of the fitting of it all. They may be of use to someone as there realy isn't much info about on these at all. I also clean and re lubed everything up while I was at it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    When removing cocking mechanism, beware that there is a spring and ballbearing that will try and shoot out the top of it, so put your hand over it so it doesn't spring off.(pic of it below in situ)
    [​IMG]

Next pic is what you get in the service kit.
    [​IMG]
    Left to right of the above parts.
    .177 barrel seal,. 22 barrel seal, cylinder to action seal, next 2 seals for either end of cylinder, filling valve, cocking lever retaining spring(the one that I said be careful when removing as it has bearing on end), exhaust valve spring, exhaust valve.

This is as far as I have got for now. I just need to replace the seals in the air tube... I'll put pics of this up when I do it... ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  2. Ady B

Ady B Donator

Here's the pic of the air tube dismantled. A little tip..... Heat the ends of the cylinder up with a hair dryer or air heater before trying to unscrew them. They were very tight and there isn't much to clamp onto on the filling end. I used a vice with some hardwood in the jaws to protect the metal, then I got my mate to help me undo them by unscrewing them with our hands and using some grips around an old leather belt on the cylinder.

Anyway, hope someone finds this useful.. All the best ;)

[​IMG]

A bit better pic..
    [​IMG]

Final pic, barrel seal, which seats in a recess inside the barrel.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  3. stanimal

stanimal I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not so sure?!

Great stuff mate,got an enigma myself and like you i had to strip it without guidance as there's hardly any info at all on them maintenance wise,and you're right about that little ball flying off,mine did and it took me about 30 mins to find it :mad: did you put anything around the brass part of the barrel when you put it back into the action? i used PTFE tape to try and seal it.

Atb Stan.

4. Ady B

Ady B Donator

Hi Stan, ha ha, guess I got lucky, I found my ballbearing in about 10 mins. It was on a 5' high bookshelf :eek:
    I don't seem to have a problem with air leaking from the brass part of the barrel on mine. Did the p t f e tape work? It's not leaking around the barrel seal is it?

How do you get on with your Enigma? I love mine, deadly accurate. What caliber is yours, mines .22 and loves AA field ;)

Atb... Ady

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  5. stanimal

stanimal I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not so sure?!

I thought mine was lost forever and i was going to have to get a replacement,trying to source enigma spares is like trying to get blood from a stone :(
    Before i put on the PTFE tape it was only losing a tiny bit of air when i fired it,from where the barrel goes into the block,i think its a really stupid design not having a seal between the transfer port and barrel.
    Aside from that little problem i absolutely love it :D mine's also .22 and seems to like accupels.
    I've just ordered an air gauge for it from best fittings as its one of the first models with the fitting for one just in front of the trigger guard.

Atb. Stan.

6. Ady B

Ady B Donator

As long as it's not down on power and it is constantly accurate, I wouldn't worry too much mate...my S410 is the same, no seal and it's fine too...Yea parts are few and far between. I guess you can buy them from Brocock (or whoever it is that has taken over the brand).that's where I got the service kit from. I know the magazines for them are extortionate. I asked about buying one and they wanted £50 :-o
    Mine is the grey one. I found a green one on ebay for 25, it didn't fit, was too thick to slot in.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I think mine is one of the first ones with the synthetic stock and power adjustment screw.
    Anyway Stan, enjoy shooting her and all the best mate

7. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Honorary Member

Nice work - I've not seen inside one of these before.

It's interesting to note the apparenty similarities between some components and those from Air Arms guns - notably the cylinder assy and exhaust valve..

8. Ady B

Ady B Donator

Cheers Cloverleaf. Yes they are very similar indeed. It seems you have to have worked on one to see inside. I can't believe how little info there is on the Internet about them.

Unfortunately my next project has even less info, next to nothing as far as I can see. I have just acquired a Harper classic wolf. Seems to be missing a couple of parts??
    Anyway, this will be a thread for another day, if I ever get a bit of spare time. Going to be a long winter project me thinks ;)