1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

In a proper Dillema !!!

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by bl4de, Feb 13, 2014.

1. bl4de

bl4de Donator

My Head is saying one thing Heart saying another :confused:
    Now then, I'm as some of you may know a Biker. Without going into detail I will shortly be able to spend some money on a new Vehicle. My heart is saying Bike, Bike, Bike. BUT, I've been without for appx 3 yrs now, not that getting back on one is going to be an issue, but with the way our seasons are going am I really going to be getting my monies worth for maybe 2-3 months of the year. ( Yes, Turning into a Butterfly rider :eek: ) plus with Back issues I have or do I go down the 4x4 route ? This will make more sense as I'm now lucky enough to have gained permission on land with the possibility of more to come. I know exactly what Bike I'd get IF I went that way, but unsure on the 4x4, thinking of Land Rover TD5. What Trucks are you guys Driving ?

2. Fozz

Fozz Posting Addict

I sold my Daytona last year and I'm now without a bike for the first time in 30 years. I must say although I have the occasional hankering for one i don't really miss it.
    What with guns photograhy,cycling and ive just picked up my guitar for the first time in years plus 2 young kids i just dont have time for one right now.
    If a Triumph Scrambler turned up at the right price i might be tempted...........
    Pick up a cheapy chap a cb 500 or spme such,small outlay cheap to run. If the urge bites you harder you wont lose money on it.:up:

3. Fubbytucker

Fubbytucker Busy Member

I'm using my super tenere purely as a commuting tool, not for pleasure. When the need ends in 18 months I think I'll be selling it and won't replace it.
    Which landy are you looking at? Defender or disco? I've had both if you need to ask any questions.

4. bl4de

bl4de Donator

With pennies available up to £5k Either optional ! any Pros or Cons against either ?

5. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

mate i love my bikes and not been without one for over 30 years
    but with this bloody weather am seriously thinking of getting shot and hanging up my gear for good
    am lucky if i do 1000 miles a year now on the bike
    now just an expensive toy to me so giving some serious thought to getting shot
    I would go down the 4x4 route as you will get more use out of it
    This country is the pits for bikes :(

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  6. Fubbytucker

Fubbytucker Busy Member

Defender:
    Pro- unstoppable off road, very cool, easy to work on, cheap parts.
    Con- very cramped in the front, will leak oil out and water in, terrible on fuel, agricultural ride, high risk of it being nicked.

Discovery:
    Pro- very comfortable, very good ride, good off road, seats 5/7 comfortably, reasonable fuel economy.
    Con- more electrical systems to go wrong, will go wrong frequently, harder than defender to work on, will leak oil out and some leak water in.

I'd choose the disco personally.

7. bl4de

bl4de Donator

:rolleyes: That's the way I was thinking Andy !

8. bl4de

bl4de Donator

I have been looking at both but there seems to be more discos available and the Prices seem to be better also !

9. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

I gave up mine in 2006 (GSX1400) and have never regretted it, have the odd nightmare that I still have it, unused and unloved in the garage rotting away... and then I wake up and breathe a sigh of relief!

Everyone's circumstances are different but I would make better use of any car, even a 4 x 4.... over a bike now!

10. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

I'd have both, a defender for playing with and an older bike on a classic policy, something a little retro, it wouldn't cost a bomb either. That's what I do!

John

11. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

I packed bikes in around 10 yes ago now, I hated it for a while but for me the roads are a lot busier than they were!!!!
    And I like my leg bone connected to my pelvis without more pins and plates...... Lol

12. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

I was a 20000 mile a year biker for 28 yrs and had over 60 motorbikes in that time..u name it I had it,...4 years ago I was sideswiped on the snake pass by a d******d car driver who overtook a line of traffic on an hairpin bend, resulting in losing control of his car and hitting me..resulting in losing my right knee!!!... 3 yrs of court cases and 5 knee ops..I decided to all it a day...yes I still miss motorbikes..as it was my life, but life's too short to risk another pillocks and the roads are full of em...now I enjoy more cycling albeit steady now as I had a stroke last yr....and I enjoy my shooting and family...but only u can decide

13. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Blade.. I sold my beloved GSXR 1000-K1 3 weeks ago and have regretted it ever since. I have back, neck and shoulder problems that kinda forced the sale plus I needed the money.... Can't see myself being able to ride again but if the opertunity arose for a cheap runner (as posted above) I would go that route. But a Land Rover and pending Perms in the near future for you is a no brainer. Good luck with your choices fella, and enjoy the 4x4 its got to be the way to go.

14. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Lagerfanny

Get a quad bike. That's like the lovechild of a motorbike and a defender.

15. coney

coney Engaging Member

A Nissan Terrano does everything I require of it, can't fault it.

16. GIRLYPANTS

GIRLYPANTS Banned

I know which id have :)
    LaraCroftDefender.jpg

17. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Anyone using a 300tdi ?

18. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

i used to have a discovery 300tdi i hate defenders way too cramped without major modifying
    the 300tdi's are a good motor i had a few my last was a xs. cheap parts and easy to work on not that i realy ever had to work on any of mine
    i used to get about 30 to the gallon

19. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Cheers for that peter ! was originally looking at the TD5 but a friend of mine who runs a 200tdi told me that the 300 will be a slightly better choice over the TD5 because of "Ease of Maintenance" and fuel economy.

20. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

and electrical faults the TD5's were known for it when i got my 300tdi xs i was debating getting a td5 but after some research and friends who had both i got one of the last made 300tdi xs models lol just before the change over