1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Importing firearms into the UK

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by sirok, Feb 29, 2008.

1. sirok

sirok Guest

Hi,

I'm considering buying a GSG-5 here but will be moving to London end of this year as I'd mentioned already, I don't want to resell and buy another once I have my FAC. I was hoping to leave it on the continent til my FAC is approved (hopefully) and then bring it into the U.K.

I'm also asking as my airwolf and a few others are above the 12ft/lbs limit

I was considering phoning a firearms officer in London but would like your input

Thanks for any help/advice/suggestions you can provide.

Cheers,
    Paul

2. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I think importing privately is still illegal regardless of whether you have a FAC or not ... only registered firearms dealers can import guns, it all ties in with the 'face to face' thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it is now ... it's unfortunate.

3. sirok

sirok Guest

thats incredibly disheartening, so basically I would have to sell everything I own and air rifles wise anything that is above 12 ft/lbs and then rebuy it in the UK at retail prices once again.....thats complete insanity

only workaround is I get a RFD over here and one there is transport my guns between them and pay them for the round trip...

depressed:(

4. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

british gun law:rolleyes:

5. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Don't be sad, I could be wrong - it's been a while since I read through the VCR act.

Even if guns can only be imported by registered dealers, I'm sure there's a way around it.

With a FAC maybe things are different - can anyone else help here - members?

We'll think of something ... there's always a way :)

6. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

What? You're in Britain, comments like that just make me keep thinking you're an American damn it :eek:

7. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

I'M WELSH

drum it into your skull

heres a welsh phrase to remember me by

Twll tun pob sais
    (please dont try to translate it)

8. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Shhh people are sleeping :rolleyes:

9. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

sorry. dont drum it in to your skull just yet the hollow sound might wake people up;)

10. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Haha nice one.

11. sirok

sirok Guest

Decided to get one anyways next weekend as well as a .22lr Kimber 1911...least I'll get to use a pistol an can resell before moving.

now if I'd had already my license for over a year I could be buying a .45 Kimber 1911 and an MP5/G3/AR-15/Sig 551/Draganov...the fun stuff:D

12. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

You can apply for a european firearms pass.
    They use them up here in sweden when they go hunting in denmark, finland,norway and germany.
    It allows transport over borders of fire arms. As far as a pistol go's, youve got bob hope of getting that to the UK.:mad:
    Look into that pass though. Euro law states if you have a license for a firearm in one euro country, you can have the equivalent license in the country you move to.:D

Just had a thought though. the UK might not go with the pass as they are not a member in the shengan (not spelt right i know)agreement.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  13. Buzz

Buzz Banned

To bring the guns to the UK you'll have to first apply for an FAC and therefore prove you have a need in the UK for the guns you have. This is not easy, nor is it any help having an equivalent FAC in any other country, EU or not. If you get the FAC granted for the guns you have, then you'll have to have the right paperwork to get them into the country, but other than that it shouldn't be a problem once the FAC is granted.

14. FXpoacher

Sorry Buzz
    You seem to have forgot that it is indeed the EU that decide and EU rules take president over indervidual countrys laws.
    I would be able to exchange my Swedish FAC for a 30.06 hunting rifle in the UK, But i would still have to have land to shoot over, gun safe etc.
    If i met these requirements the police CANNOT refuse me my FAC. On the plus side you could come to Sweden with your FAC and be allowed to Buy a rifle and hunt without taking the hunters exam that i need to take.
    Importing a rifle for your own use is no more paperwork than exporting/importing a car!.

Times a changing, Big brother europe is in control no matter what gorden brown says!.

15. Buzz

Buzz Banned

That's a load of cobblers. Try bringing in a hand gun, try bringing in cannabis(legal in some member states), try bringing in large amounts of tobacco products or alchohol.

The EU rules state that as long as taxes are paid on purchases in the country of purchase and that the purchacer resides in a member state, there is freedom of movement between member states....but just try bringing any of the afore mentioned items into the UK...I dare you, but be prepared for an uncomfortable and very expensive short stay in the UK.

I stated that anyone wanting to bring firearms permanently into the UK would HAVE to have a UK FAC BEFORE the firearms would be allowed in...that's a fact.

I stated that in order to get a UK FAC a person would have to prove good reason for needing the firearm in question....fact.

Without fulfilling those parameters along with suitable land over which to shoot, no one can get a UK FAC whether they have one already issued by another country or not....EU or not....FACT.

Visitors to the UK can apply for an exemption on some firearms, but these are very limited timewise and must be for very specific reasons.<!-- / message -->

16. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

It's probably for the best, especially with all these immigrants coming in :(

17. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Please don't get me going on that one!!!

18. sirok

sirok Guest

I'll resell the GSG-5 and the kimber before I move, lol, just thinking that I'm talking about selling them and I haven't even got them yet!:p

I just want try a real semi-auto and pistol before I move. just pity I couldn't buy this MP5 here at my one of my local gunsmiths in his second-hand section...its the one I really want to try, GSG will have to do though.

on the side index its under Arme à feu/Occasions/Fusils

http://www.reloading-center.com/index.php

[​IMG]

19. FXpoacher

FX:I would be able to exchange my Swedish FAC for a 30.06 hunting rifle in the UK, But i would still have to have land to shoot over, gun safe etc.

Buzz:Without fulfilling those parameters along with suitable land over which to shoot, no one can get a UK FAC whether they have one already issued by another country or not....EU or not....FACT.

Buzz: Visitors to the UK can apply for an exemption on some firearms, but these are very limited timewise and must be for very specific reasons.

FX:You can apply for a european firearms pass.
    They use them up here in sweden when they go hunting in denmark, finland,norway and germany.

Buzz:That's a load of cobblers. Try bringing in a hand gun, try bringing in cannabis(legal in some member states), try bringing in large amounts of tobacco products or alchohol.

FX:It allows transport over borders of fire arms. As far as a pistol go's, youve got bob hope of getting that to the UK.:mad:

Buzz:The EU rules state that as long as taxes are paid on purchases in the country of purchase and that the purchacer resides in a member state, there is freedom of movement between member states....but just try bringing any of the afore mentioned items into the UK...I dare you, but be prepared for an uncomfortable and very expensive short stay in the UK.

We are talking about IMPORTING Buzz, not SMUGGLING?!?.

Just having a bad day buzz?:confused:

<!-- / message --><!-- / message -->

20. Buzz

Buzz Banned

No..not having a bad day..well no worse than usual, but when will you realise that the UK is a member of the EU when it's beneficial for OUR government and not when it's not. You're ready to accept that the UK has a ban on handguns, but the EU hasn't, so how the hell can you say the EU is in control, if they were then handguns would be legal throughout the EU and they're not.
    As I said, the EU rules on movement of goods from one member state to another is fine as long has tax has been paid in the state of purchase. If the EU was in control this would mean I could go to France or Germany or Spain and fill a van with cigarettes and booze and bring it back to the UK, the EU rules allow for this so it's NOT smuggling, it's freedom of movement. The point I make is "in the UK we can't do this", it's against our laws and the goods AND the van will be confiscated if found and the driver arrested. This happens, so how are the EU in control ??