1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Imported Air Rifles

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Gollum, May 21, 2015.

1. Gollum

Gollum Donator

Ok I have been reading about bringing air rifles in from the NL and it sounds a good way to save a few bob. However the pessimist in my cries what happens if theres something wrong with it when it arrives? Does anyone know what the likes of http://www.db-schietsport.nl/ customer service is like in such a case?
    Thank from the man whose glass is always half empty.:D

2. Trident

Trident Member

I don't know an answer to your question, but I think it's amazing that the British sellers of airguns haven't cottoned on and simply set up mail-order companies in Europe, but still have shops in the UK where they can carry out after sales?

Or is it that they were all so convinced the VCR was for our own good?

Or or should that be their own good?

I'm not sure :rolleyes:

3. bhodge

bhodge Posting Addict

I recently bought an HW97k from the Dutch company that you named above. I saved a fair bit if cash, but to be honest I can't answer your question as regards customer service in the event if problems. I can say the service I received during the purchase was excellent, the guy that dealt with my transaction was called Dave Wilson, I presume he's a brit but can't be certain of that.
    Would I deal with DB Schietport NL again.... No problem, thinking of buying an HW30s plinker off them if I can sell my S200!

4. audi swift

audi swift Man up & pull the bloody trigger.... HFT 101.

Live in Stoke On Trent. But i visit Bromsgrove.
    I imported one of my rifles from Germany no issues nothing apart from being some what cheaper then the uk. hell I ordered a scope too from the EU & it was with me within 4 working days !!.
    but if our prices in the UK had been all most like the EU prices or a tad bit dearer even, then I would have brought from the uk but they are not so I did not :rolleyes:.

I don't know the place you have listed sorry to say.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  5. biotaw1

biotaw1 Engaging Member

I've just ordered an HW50S from that place, dealing with a chap called Dave Butler so sounds like another Brit. Can't comment on customer service yet although it has been delayed somewhat. Don't entirely blame them for that as they did say they had to get new stock in but if they chuck a free tin of pellets or something in the box I'll be singing their praises:p

With all the talk on here about importing guns recently I'd not be surprised if they've seen a sudden upsurge in UK orders.

6. bhodge

bhodge Posting Addict

I've noticed that they now actually list UK spec HW97k rifles on their website, when I bough mine (Easter Saturday) they only listed the Dutch spec rifle. I bought one of those but had a UK spec spring fitted by them. I've no doubt that listing UK rifles is a result of the weak Euro/£ exchange rate.

7. Peter Norris

Peter Norris Posting Addict

Over the past 3 months I have imported 3 Weihrauch rifles from Germany. I did not use the Dutch site as at the time they only had FAC rated, there are different criteria between Holland and Germany. Service was always perfect and delivered direct to home by DHL with full internet tracking.
    As anticipated they all required the usual internal de-burring and polishing and I fitted a 12ft.lb spring while they were in pieces.
    Saved a fortune and Germany has a much wider choice of stocks / sights etc. I will be ordering another one soon.
    Good luck.
    Peter.

8. biotaw1

biotaw1 Engaging Member

The advantage of importing the HW50S is that it's <12ft.lbs at full power so no need to change the spring. Probably why they're running out of stock on them!

9. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

I've just bought an HW80, £240 from Sprtswaffen Schneider, as far as warranty's concerned, what's to go wrong and in any case most of us strip them straight away and fit a Tinbum kit or suchlike.

My next project will be an HW100 for £600 new, it'll need a bit of adjustment and a couple of parts changing but that's all part of the fun.

If your that worried got for a cheap gun first time such as an HW30 or HW50 as you will never loose on it and progress from there.

Make the most of it while the pound is strong against the Euro.

10. Ouch!

Ouch! Donator

I used Euroshooting in the Czech Republic and it was a breeze.
    I also recommend transfewwise to send your money and they don't charge the earth for converting your currnecy into Euros.

Ouch!

11. Gollum

Gollum Donator

Thanks Ouch lol

12. katluke

katluke Donator

I can see a lot more people Importing guns after the exposing of certain Organisations/Inividuals making moves to have S/A guns banned . I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get these cheaper guns coming in from the EU also stopped. Nothing like looking after yourself at the expense of the very people they represent/make there living/business from.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  13. ejd2006

ejd2006 Member

Does make me wonder what the profits are on each rifle for UK dealers are?

14. biotaw1

biotaw1 Engaging Member

Maybe not the dealers but somebody is making an awful lot of money somewhere. A lot of these guns can probably be bought wholesale for about half what UK dealers end up charging us.

15. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

When talking to my local RFD he was saying he could not buy the Airforce CP-1 pistol from the UK importer/distributor for the price the euro sellers are retailing them at....this must be the same for many pistols/rifles

16. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

Many official importers are well into the category of "Rip Off Merchants". I'll shed no tears at their passing if we all import our own stuff. I would have honestly thought there was a massive market for some retailer to stick two fingers up to these rob dogs and mass import on the grey market their entire stock

17. Trident

Trident Member

It looks like a cartel - and we all know it, and have done for years - I wonder why nothing is ever done about it like they have done with cars and the like....?

18. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Very little, tbh.

Yup.. generally the price you see for any European product for sale in Europe will be less than a UK distributor will pay for it cost from the "official" importer - this goes for rifles, pistols, pellets... Rip-off Britain, and the importers / wholesales are the ones taking the huge cut.

Comparisons between the HW97 and TX always make me laugh - it's always highlighted that "they're a similar price"; only over here. In Germany the HW97 costs around 25-30% less; and hence is actually a significantly cheaper gun to produce (which explains why it's generally bettered by the TX200 in most respects).

Agree completely - the problem is that the airgun industry is far smaller, incestuous and controlled compared to that for cars. What do you suggest we do to try and combat the situation?

19. biotaw1

biotaw1 Engaging Member

Some of the problem is presumably the fact that UK dealers can no longer post guns out to customers. That means that we don't really have full competition between dealers as most of us are limited to buying from one or two RFDs that are in reasonable driving range.

20. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Several forum board users work in UK retail

Mark up is worst in any trade

Retailers do not have much choice unless able to Directly Import Guns

There is No World Wide Warrenty on UK Sold Guns Etc - UK distributor covers Warrenty out of their Share

VCR Bill Stopped Mail order of Guns - In Efforts to Stop under age and illegal ownership

As some will find that European Carriage is far cheaper than UK - Should they have to return guns to country of supply

BOB/R