1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Im thinking of buying an Impact! advice please.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by engraver, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Hi all, Ive recently sold one of my guns for something a bit lighter.

Personally I love Rapids so thought about it for a while and think Im going to take the plunge on an Impact.

Has anyone bought one yet? I want one with nice wood so Im wondering if anyone can post some pics of their own gun as there are no gunshops selling them around these parts.

I don't fancy ordering one through ~RFD because I want to pick a stock.

Anyone seen them in the shops yet or handled one?

2. poisedshot

poisedshot Engaging Member

word of mouth is their customer service is rude... i havent spoken to them though so id call first and find out before parting with your cash

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  3. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

I wouldn't bother. They are built from old parts lying around or outsourced engineering. Impact have no time behind them. If you want a brand new rifle put your money into a RAW instead, they are now very well proven performers and the back up is in place. The HM1000 is a very well improved rapid. If you want a more target orientated rifle the TM1000 has proven its worth on benchrest in various National and International competitions. I know one sponsored shooter here in the UK who gave back his top of the line free rifle to the Sussex owners and went and bought a TM1000 to compete with - that tells you something! Yes, he is still being very successful.

the other option is to buy an original Rapid and spend what you have saved on creating a fabulous custom rifle of your very own. Special valving and hammer, decent stock of your preference, polished and de-tight spotted barrel, Nice moderator. Something along the lines of Bucketboys, or Funkedups....they take their rapids to a range just outside Peterborough and hold their own on the 100 yard range with the rimfire lads - 12ft-lb .1777s. They are posting sub inch groups with them at 100 yards regularly. *** will take .177 pellets off the fence rail at 50 yards. line 10 up, he will knock all 10 off in turn with consecutive shots. A rifle that good wouldn't cost you £1000.

Up to you of course. The Impact is the new Hogan Elite!!!

4. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Interesting thread. Surprised to hear such negative feedback, but then if they have much of the same staff that were there when Theoben went down the pan it's hardly surprising I suppose. I wonder if the legendary sour tits / ice queen is still on the phones :rolleyes:

5. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

I Know what your saying Simon but I already have one Rapid with probably the same internals as those mentioned, its more than likey as accurate.

Where do you go from a good barrel, micro core reg, polished hammer mainspring and carbon quides and titanium stemmed main valve, the groups bench rested in good conditions wont be any different as any fluctuations at that range come from wind, nothing magic about the guns internals really, Ive shot £400 mk1s that group as well as £1000 custom guns, like Ive said for years its all about how good your barrel is the rest is just a consistency exercise.

The rest is cosmetics ie quick fill plus a gauge and stock of your choice.

What Im after is light weight and the above, so basically I could go buy one off the shelf already done ie Impact, I already know they run the same internals as my current Rapid, so the short length and light weight is what Im after.

I also know a cheap £350 falcon lighthunter will still shoot as well as a decent 12fpe lightweight Rapid, so I know Im actually really gaining nothing in performance over my hw100 apart from pride of ownership of something new.

That said for a good £300 less the Airarms ulitimate sporter looks very similar in terms of shot count size looks and performance, so Im going to pick on of those up before I decide.

Of course the ultimate Rapid for me is and always will be an Elan so maybe Ill wait until I see the right example but by then I may be truly old :D

6. trumpetier

trumpetier Pro Poster

If they are mainly the same staff as were at Theoben then i would rather use a catapult than give them a penny of my money.....just my opinion of course gents :D

7. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

It seems theoben upset a lot of people in their time, you boys are quickly talking me out of this decision.

Maybe I just build a similar spec Rapid like suggested afterall that's what Ive just sold so time I will make it shorter, thanks for the advice guys.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  8. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Mine is only running a 16" barrel and is one of bucketboys magic creations on a 1991 mk1, no reg, just very carefully balanced and polished internals. 6fps spread from 185bar - 110bar pushing .20 JSBs at 820fps, to give 20ft-lbs, which is about optimum for .20 with air efficiency. I get a good 72 shots from that (6 mags). It is a handy little rifle, light and pointable.

9. Egg

Egg Major Poster

Is this some new calibre we haven't seen released mainstream yet Simon?

:p

10. 177

177 Donator

What's wrong with catapults ?

;)

11. trumpetier

trumpetier Pro Poster

Not a thing matey.....i still have a black widow somewere. Didnt mean to be predjudice towards the humble catty ;):D

12. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

I was stammering!:D

13. john79

john79 Very Active

this is mine I got it before xmas and im loving it, all the trick bit's already inside [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. warrenater

warrenater Donator

in agreement here . atb gary. with accuspell that is .

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  15. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

See that picture is what throws a spanner in the works for me as its a lovely looking rifle is that mate.

Love the stock.

I still don't know what Im going to do, cos if that was on a table alongside most of the mainstream airguns at the minute I would surely reach for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  16. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

I'm pretty sure philD is having some in put on the internals and reg
    If so they should be spot on out of the box

17. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

:mad:

18. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

If I got the right impression when we met, I think your the sort of person who buys what you like and then makes it your own? So id say get the rifle you want and you sound like you could fix/improve any issues yourself without any worry of customer service.
    Although you know your best mate phild had something to do with these I think.....

19. john79

john79 Very Active

yep philD's stuff inside this one ,saved me the trouble of bothering him for part's lol

20. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Tbh I've really been feeling the need for a Rapid Mk2 recently (after years of indifference :rolleyes:)... but of course being left handed only a true LH action will do and these are less common than rocking horse Censored and unicorn tears..

I did consider an Impact (providing they did a LH action, which I'm not sure about) however tbh I prefer the idea of the Rapid as I think they'll hold their money better, they look less tarty and I don't like some of the additions to the Impact guns ("afterthought" pressure gauge, shiny bolt handle, big white writing on the side)..

Tbh in your position I'd spend your monies on a mint late Mk2 Rapid and mod as appropriate. Ultimately I reckon it'll cost less to get what you want, hold its money better and carry more cache; if that bothers you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.