1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question If You Could Choose A New Tx200 Mkiii Or A Tx200 Hc What Would You Prefer?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Fun Shootin', Jan 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Fun Shootin'

Fun Shootin' .

I can't decide between a TX200 MKIII or a TX200 HC. It’d be silly and too expensive to get both so I’m stuck between them. What are the advantages and disadvantages ot these rifles? - I have done my research and I still can’t decide on which I prefer. Opinions welcome.

I’m not interested in any of the other popular air rifle offerings around atm - it’s going to be a TX of some variation.

2. Pt.

Pt. Engaging Member

I would love to help but don't own either but I would go for hw97k IMO but that just me as they are both lovely rifles.
    Funny times not being able to make up our own minds any more

3. rich79

rich79 No deep or funny comment here

Is it for hunting, target or both?
    Id rather lug an HC around a perm than the full length (although there's not much in it).
    The full length weight over the muzzle helps tame 177 twitchyness if you're shooting targets from a bench.
    Not sure if the full length can accept a mod, the HC can.

Dr B and BallisticBill like this.
  4. plinker20

plinker20 Engaging Member

ive not noticed any difference in weight TBH. The FL is longer (obv). The HC feels more solid, better balanced and ones ive tried recoil felt better on the HC. In reality, there will be such minor differences its down to personal taste and feel.

5. sharpsman

sharpsman Big Poster

I was say handle them both with a scope on and see wich you prefer , I prefer the HC as it's shorter looks better and shoulders better at least for me it does , if you can afford it get the walnut rather than beech it's lighter and looks way nicer

Ste.v.a, BallisticBill and Blue BSA like this.
  6. Fun Shootin'

Fun Shootin' .

I agree the HC is a solid balanced rifle and the FL seems slightly front heavy yet the FL seems more elegant. It may simply come down to looks in the end on deciding which to purchase :up:

7. Fun Shootin'

Fun Shootin' .

Strictly for hunting in .22 - I’ll probably shoot a few paper targets with it now and again - for fun - but the purchase is for vermin control. :up:

8. Fun Shootin'

Fun Shootin' .

The Carbine does look sweet no doubt but so does the FL to me. I’ve had a play with them irl and find it hard to choose between either. I may apply my house fire scenario to my dilemma - if I had both which would I rescue first? - think it’d be the FL.

9. rich79

rich79 No deep or funny comment here

In that case I'd pick the HC, less twitchy than the 177, I've got an HC in 22, its a short chunky thug of a rifle, I don't feel like I'm losing anything over not having the full length, sometimes the carbine variants of rifles can feel more harsh but the TX isn't one of them.

10. DEGS

DEGS Posting Addict

Depends what fits you and you are comfy with ...comfort aids accuracy I would also go walnut though .....
    Great looking rifles the TX and super accurate and easy to work on

11. George X

George X Busy Member

The full-length TX will be easier to cock, if you are putting a lot of pellets through the rifle at one time you will find it quite a workout.
    I had my daughter out target shooting with the TX a couple of times and I had to cock it and load it for her. I bought her an Ultra SE to use as it got quite a chore loading the TX.
    Still have the TX for my own use though, it's an early MK3 FL with the plain chequering.

12. Fun Shootin'

Fun Shootin' .

One of my concerns is the HC can sound a bit loud compared to the FL. I'll need to have more of a play with both.

Plinky Dave likes this.
  13. rellum

rellum Keyboard Hero

I have both preferred the HC in .22 plus you can fit a silencer to it.

Gary Jones and Plinky Dave like this.
  14. The Iceman

The Iceman Busy Member

I have the MK3 TX 200 HC in .177 and in a beech stock.
    She has taken a hillside of vermin, extremely accurate and hard hitting.
    Rich79 hit the nail on the head when he described this rifle as a " thug of a rifle".:thumb:
    They really are a no nonsense hunting rifle, I prefer the HC version for hide and woodland, preferred the HC for handling too.
    If you want the drop dead good looks - wish I had got the walnut for mine, same as my Pro Sport.

My MK3 HC, .177 is running a very constant

810 ft/sec, 11.47 ft/lbs with JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87g

fullsizeoutput_5d.jpeg

Good luck with your choices buddy :thumb:

Mice!, ged, Dr B and 1 other person like this.
  15. PhatMan

PhatMan Keyboard Hero

Fun shootin',

For me, the full length TX is where its at :).

I liked the HC, but at longer ranges (> 35 yards), I never shot it as accurately as my full length TX.

Have fun :)

Best regards

Russ

Recoil and Plinky Dave like this.
  16. PeskyWabbits

PeskyWabbits Engaging Member

How long are your arms?

The FL is much easier to cock.

I had an HC in .22 and a FL in 177
    I still have the FL. it is sublime.
    I got it second hand. The bluing is dull, is has a crap aftermarket trigger blade that I never get round to swapping. Butwhat a delight to use.

I have also had 2 ProSports and although the PS has a better balance, the TX FL is an everyday gun.

You don’t need a moderator with the FL shrouded barrel whereas the HC has a bit of a bark. Pointless getting an HC then fitting a moderator

You know you want an FL

Or look second hand and buy both. As a popular rifle, they are always coming up for sale.

I also have a 97 but the TX is better

Recoil and Plinky Dave like this.
  17. Yorkshire viking

Yorkshire viking VIKING

FL TX for me too lovley thing a bit on the heavy side but feels good and solid too, good constant power with a good shot cycle as well....
    TX FL go on do it:thumb:

Plinky Dave likes this.
  18. Rudolph Hucker

Rudolph Hucker Posting Addict

Just personal choice but, I always preferred the look of the HC :thumb:
    IMG_20190411_160623.jpg

foxtrott, Mice!, ged and 2 others like this.
  19. GeeTee

GeeTee Keyboard Hero

MK3 cos the HC is a swine to cock:thumb:

Paul55 and Recoil like this.
  20. 1260engineer

1260engineer Precision matters

TX Mk3 :thumb:
    that nice bit of weight helps cope with the recoil :) and when its fettled Mmmmmm

first day at the range 45 yards chucked a scope on it from another toy . just a little fiddle as i went ....sitting down elbow rested . full rifle un fettled it did this
    bull is 10mm next ring is 2p size .
    20210107_113931_copy_784x1613.jpg
    if it aint broke dont fix it :thumb: