1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Idiots with guns!

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by sneakysniper, Jul 27, 2014.

1. sneakysniper

sneakysniper Donator

Now, i may lay myself open for abuse and some people i refer to may be members here, but there are some right idiots about that quite frankly should not be allowed airguns.

I'm a member of a few facebook airgun groups and it makes me cringe to see some posts on them. for example:

"Sell or swap my underlever as i can't get on with them.Shoots mint, very powerful".

2 days later:
    "Here's my awesome new shooter, can't wait to get out with it up the local park/wood etc etc"

"F^&k you, bloke, telling me where i can or can't shoot you C^&t!!!"

Day or 2 later
    "Swap or sell my gun. Shoots spot on and very powerful".

What is he then interested in swapping it for? Yes an underlever.

2. Blue Haze

Blue Haze Well-Known Member

I could not agree with you more sneaky sniper, its idiots like those quoted that fuel the publics negative perception of air weapons and does a great disservice to those of us who enjoy this great sport within the law and with due regard to safety at all times. :mad:

3. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I've been on a facebook group for rifles about 3 days and some of the idiots on there who can't even communicate properly,nevermind shoot a gun.

4. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned

Don't knock it lads and lasses. Just be thankful of the decent folk on here and the excellent way in which the forum is managed. Whatever hobby you undertake these days, you are bound to encounter 'Prat man' and ' Knobin' at some point. KB1

5. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

Theres idiots like that in all walks of life and whatever hobby your into. If you can you just have to ignore them because most of them will be to thick to educate atb

6. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Yep you're quite right these knobheads shouldn't be allowed to own a water pistol yet alone an air rifle but unfortunately there's no outward sign(s)that lets anyone know that they're such idiots otherwise steps could be taken to prevent them owning an air rifle. In fact they shouldn't be allowed to do anything unsupervised with the possible exception of breathing

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  7. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

Unlicensed breathing in some cases needs addressing. ☺

8. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

JUST BRING IN A LICENCE!

If you feel this strongly write to your local MP, telling that there should be a general licence bought in or air weapons to stop theses idiots. On along the lines of a shot gun anyone can buy sell and hold as may as they wish as long as a curtain criteria is met.
    There has always been theses kinds of people out the it's just social media has bought them all together. Most FAC holders are very responsible and abide buy the law to keep there guns, so do the same for air. You will always have some outside the law. But would keep most in check.

I know a licence is not an ideal solution but it would be a start.

Andrew

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  9. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Licensing isn't always the best way to keep the idiots at bay, look how many there are driving cars and they have a license.

10. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

Yeah get the licensing in, after all it's stopped all the idiots from owning cars, and pistols......

11. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

Unfortunately licensing won't help to stop idiots, you need a licence and a test to drive a motor vehicle but just look at how many idiots are out on the roads. Even stiff penalties don't stop unlicensed (and uninsured) drivers, criminals will continue to break laws as long as there is little chance of being caught and even less chance of being punished.

12. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

This is a rediculas comment and totally off topic.

The point is you do not see or hear of many FAC holders breaking the law with there firearms.

When was the last time you heard "FAC Holder Shoots Neighbours" in the new...Well!

Rest my case of a licence, you pay you play!

Andrew

13. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Just as is with cars, there would be thousands of illegal owners, plus if they had to be licensed and you couldn't get one then why would they not think.......in for a penny in for a pound........i will get me an FAC rifle, what have i got to lose.

14. mattyts

mattyts Donator

The only reason some people shoot air rifles is because they cannot be bothered getting an FAC,if there was a license I think you'd see more people leave behind their sub 12 air rifles and go get FAC air rifles or bullet guns.

15. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

The police had licensed the man who massacred all the children at Dunblane.

If somebody wants to use an air rifle in a park they will be easy to spot, arrest and charge. If we all doubt that this will be easy then there is no reason to believe new legislation will be any more successful.

16. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

I read this free short book analysing the net gains/losses from gun licensing.

Very interesting and an easy place to actually see the data that have been gathered showing incidents.

17. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

18. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

The point I'm trying to make is a SGC is different to an FAC so why not have a AGC too. I do not under stand why air gunners are so anti to it. If you are law abiding there is no issue or is it some members feel they would loose the right to own a gun, I know know the answer but I personally think it would help if the law was 100% behind it. If I get stopped fr drink driving I loose my FAC, same should be for air rifles. Things like this would soon make folk sit up and think. Plus paying for the certificate you would be vetted by the police.

Anyways it will be a long debate either way, so I'm off fishing for the afternoon.

There you go even fishing is licenced, so why not air rifles!

Andrew

19. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

Unfortunately FAC and SGC holders do sometimes commit crimes and these invariably have more serious consequences than those crimes committed with an air rifle. However far more criminal acts are down to unlicensed people.
    The main consideration is what benefits would there be in a licensing system and at what cost. No doubt we will se what happens is Scotland but it's highly likely that only a small proportion of guns will end up in the system and the rest will, instantly, become 'illegal firearms'. How will the police manage the system?
    At present the licensing system for firearms and shotguns is bureaucratic, cumbersome and inefficient so what hope is there for a simple, cost effective system which will weed out the idiots? Of course if people do think that a license will solve their problems then they can, of course, apply for a FAC air ticket but would this have any effect on the number and use of air rifles which are over the 12 ftlb limit?
    Unfortunately licensing is generally not very effective although it does create income for various government departments and employment for a small army of jobsworths but with no benefit at all to the licence holder. Once anything is subject to a licence then more conditions are imposed and costs increase rapidly and the licence holder is completely powerless and won't be consulted (in any meaningful way) about changes.
    We have more than enough laws in place to deal with idiots but they aren't enforced with any degree of consistency, the way that policing in this country is now run does not allow for enforcement which does not contribute towards meeting targets and ticking boxes. Until there are significant changes we are going to have to deal with increasing numbers of idiots, vandals, benefit cheats etc and the chances of this happening are on a par with the proverbial snowflake in hell. We don't need more laws, we just need enforcement of those we already have followed by appropriate punishment for convicted offenders.

20. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

I earn the money to buy my air rifle and I believe it is mine entirely, not held under licence by the grace of another man.

I believe if my actions damage someone or someone's property I am solely liable and accountable for my actions.

I believe it is as immoral to hold me accountable for another shooter's actions as it is to hold sons accountable for fathers sins.

Enjoy fishing ;-)