1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

idiot colleague drops 2 tins of pellets!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Pete236, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Pete236

Pete236 Big Poster

Well, this is at least the 3rd evening spent sorting through my pellets.
    They arrived in the post last week when I was off work (everything gets posted to work)
    My colleague, the bloody fool, drops them from about 5ft onto concrete.
    2x tins of jsb exact heavy .177 crushed.
    Am I p****d or what?!?!?!?!!
    I've sorted through them all, had to throw away well over 100. Got another few hundred I think I can rescue but it's killing my fingertips.....
    Aaaaaargh!!!!!!!!

2. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Get your coleague to sort through them!

was it on purpose??

3. Pete236

Pete236 Big Poster

It's very tempting.... but he is such a ham fisted sod I would end up with 1000 crushed flat pellets!
    Nah it wasn't on purpose, he's not that mean. Just a bit thoughtless and un-apologetic!

4. Stevie Darling

Why is everything posted to work?

hiding your hobby spending from the missus......:D

I HOPE HE DOESNT DROP YOUR SCOPE!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  5. Pete236

Pete236 Big Poster

Similar Steviee! But it's hiding it from the old man... he's far nosier than the missus!
    The missus is fine with it, one of the many reasons she's a keeper. As long as I bring some kills home for the dog and the stew pot I've got a free license! :)

6. Pete236

Pete236 Big Poster

Oh gawd.... hadn't thought of that.... errrm....
    I'm usually at work to meet the postie. Flu got me last week alas :(

7. Stevie Darling

Good luck:p

8. Rat reaper

Rat reaper Posting Addict

Dropped a couple of tins of jsb and AA fields myself in the past due to picking them up by the lid now I transfer them into a tin with a screw lid .

9. anchovie

anchovie Banned

why did you have to throw away over 100 ? just dropping a tin of pellets is not much of a drama , the ones with damaged skirts sort them out then do a group of say 20 shots , then with ones that haven't got damaged skirts do another group of 20 shots and i'd be surprised if you'd notice much of a difference if at all ,unless you're olympic target shooter

10. Pete236

Pete236 Big Poster

The ones that I've chucked were crushed well beyond repair. Very distorted skirts that wouldn't even have gone in the mag.
    The perfect pellets numbered less than 100, 120 ish good for nothing. The rest are all usable, but they all need the skirt re-shaping else there is no point in even trying them.
    The HW is fussy on pellets as it is without giving it another excuse to spit the things everywhere!

11. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

get your pal to replace them

12. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 Donator

one way or the other he would pay , ive heard cars dont like expanding foam up the exhaust pipes ;)

13. Pete236

Pete236 Big Poster

Its tempting. Very tempting!!!
    I will get him soon ;)

14. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 Donator

its at least worth a smelly box of frozen cod under his seat [rear seat ] at least ????

15. stryder5

stryder5 Donator

No liquidised prawns thro the heater vent:D of his car

16. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Dropped a tin at the range I'll come back in ten years and there will be a fair few trees with tins of jsbs on in the summer.

17. Paddler

Paddler Donator

South Devon where the cream goes on first!
    It's a weird one with damaged tins... I had a batch of 10 tins from Uttings two badly creased on edges. So I rang Uttings they said the right things ..."open them if any damaged tell us and we'll send you two replacements foc & no returns!" ... None were damaged!

And in my local rfd they have an odds and sods box of pelllets reduced. Noticed a banged up tin of JSBs £4.. Again I didn't find one dented pellet!! Strange....

18. Rob-GB

Rob-GB Posting Addict

Funny thing retribution, only means anything to the person on the receiving end if they know why.
    Quite a hollow 'victory' otherwise.
    If they know "why" then the "retributor" is likely to be facing Q&A's at the local nick.
    Leave it to "Karma"... a bad act will be repaid with as much vigour as a good one, an innocent one by a clutz will invoke good "Karma" to you if you forgive their error.

Rob

19. 177

177 Donator

Obvious solution:

Save your time and fingers, bin the lot or melt them into fishing weights if you have any concerns over them, spend your evenings doing something more entertaining with your keeper missus, and order a couple of new tins of pellets to shoot with, forgetting all "I'll get him back" nonsense. For what ? An accident ?

In my experience many unapologetic people are more socially awkward than malicious.

I'd swap the crap that I get for a couple of tins of mashed pellets every day of the week, given the chance.

Your mileage may vary, but I would strongly suggest saving your blood pressure, shrug your shoulders, and move along.

Life's too short.

20. retep

retep Donator

a mackerel in the engine close to the heater does the trick