1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

I resigned from Rope Runners today

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by jolo-bolo, Jun 4, 2014.

1. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

I set up Rope Runners High Ropes Adventure with my wife 6 years ago. Today I resigned we still don't make any income of this Jo takes a wage I haven't taken a penny I only volunteer and give everything I buy for them to them don't even claim mileage when I take the climbing wall. But I'm retired on ill health and it would be to hard to explain that I'm a director in a company so I've given my share to my wife. I will expect the divorce papers in the post.
    Then I got the ratties out to have a plink and I'm glad I did it I nearly screamed full of rust and tape holding the foregrip on one asked around and it's been like that for 2 weeks not told anyone spent the evening stripping and cleaning them and thread locking everything. Why can no one ever take responsibility for things going wrong if something brakes of gets damage we just want to know about it. Thing get broken things wear out it's normal why cannot people just say this is broken.
    I am now feeling really useless being (the Boss) was the last thing I had left. 5 years ago I was the manager of the biggest water sports centre in London was on the team that brought the Olympics to London had loads of staff people asked my advice on things. Now I'm lucky my phone rings once a week last time it was 02 asking me why I had reduced my call time. I'm having a big visit by my black dog today sorry.

2. Jeepsey

Jeepsey Member

Sounds like you should take up gardening (or join a swingers club) before insanity sets in!

3. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

Sounds like a tough place to be, still the only way to go is up, life rarely stays as it is.

John

4. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Although I don't know all the circumstance I'm sorry your business venture has not worked for you. But when you start propping up the business with one your own money and two all your free time it's time to bow out.

People like us who has got off there backside and given up a job or just wanted to build their own business, I have the upmost respect for you. Whether or not if the venture works out or fails you can hold your head up high in my book. Im self employed and how tough it is having to plug away to keep work coming in and moving forward.
    Keep your head held high and climb back on that horse.

Andrew

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  5. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

That's the problem Rope Runners is doing well making some money now but not enough to support both of us wife and I so before it does start paying out I have to back of. Or I may lose my pension and other money's I'm entitled to. I hate being like this it's midday I'm still in bed and don't see much change for the next few days lots of pain b****r all on tv and no shooting. It sounds mercenary doing it for the money but without the money we would lose every thing. I'm so tired of it all I so want my health back. For years I took it that I would just be fine, I have been told I was lucky I got away with the pain and problems other people with the type of injury I had. I should have been suffering a lot more over the 25 years since it happend. It was a work injury so I had industrial injury payments but no other benefits non of this mobility payments. Apparently I should have been getting that and other allowances but I never bothered. But now I have to have them to live all those free cars I could have got what a bu&&er. I want my life back I don't want this anymore it will never happen I know I "just have to accept it" make the change in life stop looking for causes and reasons for the pain. I know I'm wineing but better on here that to the wife she has enough on her plate. My pain level is going up so it looks like I'm going down the morphine route flying time now. Sorry guys and girls.

6. Andy_J

Andy_J Replica Airgun Enthusiast

Ah well, at least you can be grateful you haven't had both legs blown off by a Taliban IED in Afghanistan serving your country. :cool:

7. Bullwhip

Bullwhip Engaging Member

don't you dare say sorry mate.

sorry is for when you have done something wrong.
    You have been honest.

I have been in a dark place a few times, and personally always found faith in . got me through.

(No im not going to bang on about . or religion, It's a personal thing)

as the gentleman has said above.
    life rarely stays as it is.

this is what I done when my son was ill, the money was tight and the road seemed the longest.

1. write down everything that needs to be done
    2. be realistic about what is the most important
    3. set attainable goals based on the above
    4. allow yourself to fail, don't beat yourself up.
    5. enjoy any victory, however small.

TALK. talk to your wife, your neighbours, your mates, the postie, the dog; anyone. (even if their not listening)

if I sound like a agony aunt, I don't care. :p

Life is bitterly too short, enjoy every day.

Hope I have helped even a small bit.

8. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

No I lost one leg in a climbing accident teaching young people to climb after I came out of the army.

9. Andy_J

Andy_J Replica Airgun Enthusiast

You are still alive. Make the most of it. Life is too short mate. Keep your head up and keep your pride.

10. guyver

guyver Busy Member

i know i cant imagine what your going through and wouldn't try to but i know how low someone can get ive been there at bottom but all i can say is when your at the bottom theres only one way to go and thats up i thought for a long time i would be stuck there but life is unpredictable it throws things at you some bad and some good but sometimes you have to wait that bit longer for the good things.

11. Paul Cann

Paul Cann Posting Addict

Sorry it's not going to plan chap, but nobody gets free cars ! What you get is a payment to help you get about and you can give that over to a car dealer in return for a car, after 3 years you get the car back and they keep the money which is a pretty poor deal when you do the sums , try asking for sativex instead of or as well as morphine but its a postcode lottery

12. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

Free car would have been motabilaty aparently I should have been getting enough to be able to have one but never did.

13. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

I give you my favorite poem

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Regards
    Tony

14. Paul Cann

Paul Cann Posting Addict

The payment you either keep or hand over is a component of a benefit called DLA , so the " free car" which isn't free contrary to popular opinion requires signing that payment directly to a dealer instead of keeping it for yourself for 3 years ( it's around £40 a week so the free car actually costs you around £6000 over the three years plus a hefty deposit which you don't get back which you could choose to keep instead and forfeit the use of the car) , motability is the name of the scheme that takes your money so it's like a car lease system ( I did the sums and decided to buy a car privatley and put the payments towards the running costs) . I think it's all changed now to P.I.P instead of D.L.A but if you qualify you can still get the payment . I'm not familiar with the new " jump through hoops" benefits but if you want a chat or any advice about claiming(or even just a chat or vent) I can PM you my phone number or probably point you in the right direction or maybe even a pint and a chat .DLA would have been payable in addition to you working if you qualified and isn't means tested so many people in receipt of it are in full time employment

15. career707lover

career707lover Busy Member

Well done that man. Sometimes you come across good decent people that restore your faith (or at least give you hope) in humanity. Jolo Bolo, it sounds like you have had a tough time of it. I wish you well and hope everything works out as well as it can. It's easy to say but try and keep your chin up. When youre in a dark place sometimes it feels like it will never end but it always does and sometimes you even end up stronger for it. All the best buddy.