1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good news I Have One Very Happy Mrs Tincan

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by TinCan Tony, May 29, 2018.

1. TinCan Tony

TinCan Tony Next video please

Many of you are aware of the saga about buying a cheap PCP for Mrs TinCan.
    Well, today I took her to a rifle shop and she came away wiith this little lot...

IMG_1876.JPG

BSA Scorpion, single shot PCP in .177. Fitted with a Weihrauch silencer, Rhino 6-24x50 AO IR scope, sling, fully fleece-lined fifle bag, a handful of paper targets, a pack of Shoot-N-See reactive targets, a tin of JSB Exact pellets, air filler adapter and some replacement seals and lube.

And all for 300 notes.

I let Mrs TinCan shoot a few pellets at 25M and she was so disappointed that fook all was hitting the target (yes, I know, but just let her have a bit of a play for now). We couldn't even work out where the pellets were going, but they were definitely hitting something at the bottom of the garden!
    Took me about an hour to zero the scope. Started trying at 25M - big mistake. Could hear the pellets hitting something at the bottom of the garden, but couldn't see where they were going, and they certainly weren't even hitting the paper! Reduced to 10M for a starting point. No wonder I couldn't hit the target at 25M, the shots were 5" wide even at 10M (previous owner must have been zeroed at about 5 feet). Soon got this sorted and the shots were deadly accurate at 10M (within 2mm of each other). Re-zeroed at 25M and the shots were then within 5mm of each other.

Anyway, I'm rambling on a bit.

Mrs TinCan had another go once I'd zeroed the rifle correctly and, I couldn't get her away from it. She loves it and, for an old rifle, it's amazingly accurate.

I think I got myself a bargain today, and Mrs TinCan couldn't be happier. I actually like this gun myself, too

IMG_1878.JPG

Mrs TinCan enjoying her new toy...
    IMG_1872.JPG

One of her cards at 10M
    Can you guess what she was shooting at?

Sorry for the long post. But I think the case will now be closed :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Robs321, rabbitwrecker, Issac and 7 others like this.
  2. sithe79

sithe79 Donator

Happy days, sounds like you got a bargain. Remind her to share!:D
    Simon

TinCan Tony likes this.
  3. jw74

jw74 Posting Addict

I reckon you got a bargain there! And a happy wife! Golden

TinCan Tony likes this.
  4. trumpetier

trumpetier Big Poster

£300 for that, from a shop, great deal mate and a lovely gun :up:

TinCan Tony likes this.
  5. Carlos76

Carlos76 Pro Poster

Great little gun for Mrs tincan

TinCan Tony likes this.
  6. Carlos76

Carlos76 Pro Poster

Did she now you were taking pics lol

TinCan Tony likes this.
  7. Regal Man

Regal Man Keyboard Hero

Time to trade your gun in for a scorpion.
    So you can compare if something is not right.
    Go on do it.

TinCan Tony likes this.
  8. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Very nice. Really looks like a S400/410 in that stock. I know it’s not though lol.

TinCan Tony likes this.
  9. TinCan Tony

I will, when I can pull her away from it :D

sithe79 likes this.
  10. Carlos76

Carlos76 Pro Poster

Yeah they are nice the 400

Attached Files:

TinCan Tony likes this.
  11. TinCan Tony

She loves it, Carl. especially now I've zero'd the scope. I actually quite like this gun myself. Been doing a bit more plinking with it in her absence (don't let her know) ;)

Issac likes this.
  12. Carlos76

Carlos76 Pro Poster

Looks a great gun i had a scorpion t10 wasnt bad

13. TinCan Tony

It does a bit, I suppose, but it's a fully floating barrel, rather than the 'tied' barrel of the S400 ;)

14. TinCan Tony

Not likely, Regal Man. However, having 'played' with her gun, I think she's going to out-shoot me on accuracy - her .177 against my .22? :eek:

15. TinCan Tony

I did tell Mrs TinCan that it was obligatory to post pictures of your latest aquisitions on the forum. She didn't argue ;)

16. TinCan Tony

Is that barrel clamped to the air cylinder, Carl?

17. Carlos76

Carlos76 Pro Poster

Yeah it super carbin superlight with a beech stock

18. TinCan Tony

Don't think I'd find anything better for £300. Mr's TinCan is loving it. You know, that sort of feeling when you realise "Ooh, I've got my own rifle" ;)

19. jw74

jw74 Posting Addict

Yeah I bet she is very happy, I would be with that set up and a great price

TinCan Tony likes this.
  20. Regal Man

Regal Man Keyboard Hero

Make sure to get the 177, in that case.
    And you shooting her gun while she is out, tells me, your liking it more than yours.
    You can lie to me, but it will keep you a wake, at night. LOL.

TinCan Tony likes this.