1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good news i cant wait!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by nick2303, Nov 24, 2013.

1. nick2303

nick2303 Engaging Member

Took the mrs out yesterday to try and explain why i would like a pcp to go with my tx200..

Went to Aaron Wheelers at brighouse, what an ace bloke..

Gave her a tx in .22 and a s410 in .177..

Even she could understand the difference..

So Aaron then pulls out a hw100 and a s510 and a s410 all in .177.. All of them on my wish list...

Mrs looks at em, and sez..................

"which one do you want"???????

After the initial shock i discounted the 410 just cos i like the side lever..

The hw was lovely in a thumbhole stock, with a middle range scope...

the 510 was cheaper n had a better scope on it...

decisions, decisions?????

So deposit paid on the 510 with scope, silencer, one mag and the filling adapter..

£250 pound more than i had set aside so paid a deposit while i get the balance together...

Its gonna take me a week or two to get the rest and collect it, but its doin my head in.... I want it now!!!!

Just when ya think ya understand ya woman, they do something like this just to mess with your head....

(Wonder if she will let me get the HW100 when i want one of them too?)

2. jeremy

jeremy Post Whore

ha ha you can just never tell with em :D

3. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Never ever try and understand what goes on in the female brain mate. Its just not possible
    Well done though to your mrs and a good choice of gun. Save up for a HW too as they're awesome rifles mate

4. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

What a grand lass you have there. The time will pass soon enough. :D

5. roy0110

roy0110 Engaging Member

just keep her sweet for the next week or so, never know how quick the money will come.
    at least she said yes and you're getting it.
    result.

6. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Mine bought me my Christmas presents early, but there again she expects to use the boat and outboard too, the bullpup is all mine however!

7. ratharvester

ratharvester Donator

I would be worried if I was you, if she let you buy a gun that easily your other half must be planning on getting something a lot more expensive.at the moment she's probably just laying the groundwork for a master plan!:Dif not your a lucky man

8. nick2303

nick2303 Engaging Member

this did concern me at the time...

paying now though, wants me to do the ironing!

9. ratharvester

ratharvester Donator

Blimey I would do the ironing for a year if it would get me a new gun :D

10. pava

pava Well-Known Member

(Wonder if she will let me get the HW100 when i want one of them too?)

Now you know you're pushing your luck with that one, but best of luck anyway.:up:

11. rkr

rkr Post Whore

What pup do you have?

12. nick2303

nick2303 Engaging Member

well i was hoping to get back to wheelers this weekend for my 510..

not happening yet...

r lass has just advised me that as i'm getting a new gun, she needs hair extentions,

n her young uns dad has advised us he wont be paying half toward young uns school trip in feb cos he cant afford it, so instead of 125 quid, its gonna cost me 325 straight after xmas....

13. poolcue

poolcue Well-Known Member

...and so it begins ;)

14. Brightey666

Brightey666 Engaging Member

Haha, saw that one coming fella, still......You both get what you want, it would just be easier if she said, you can have this if I can have this, or you do this and I'll do this.....They're a strange bunch mate and all the same :).
    Enjoy the world of PCP

15. Count Jedi

Count Jedi Donator

ha ha you never get something for nothing, thus I get around it and do 2 things

1. Buy it

2. Tell the other half it was either 1/2 the cost or less depending on how much it was in the first place

i.e. I told her the iMac was £400 notes a few years ago to date I have got away with the plan....

16. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Busy Member

^^^^ This.

Girls have no idea how much man-stuff costs, so combine your frequent exclamations of how surprisingly cheap your hobby stuff is, with abject horror at the price of anything she buys.

Has worked for years in my house.

17. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Busy Member

.......in fairness my wife thinks £200 for a bottle of perfume is acceptable, so I may have an advantage over some of you.

18. timmytree

timmytree Big Poster

I don't know why they bother with that expensive smelly stuff, I wouldn't know the difference if my Mrs sprayed herself in WD40.

19. Count Jedi

Count Jedi Donator

Fantastic!!! very very funny.

20. nick2303

nick2303 Engaging Member

couldnt wait any longer...

only went an picked her up today...

cant wait for the morning to get to ponte a.r.c. to have a go....