1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Hw98

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by TheBish, Mar 1, 2014.

1. TheBish

TheBish Junior Member

Hello all
    Just a quick 'un , what are the views on a hw98? (tuned/untuned)
    Thinking of getting one, due to its amazing looks! (others reasons aswell)
    Atb
    Alex

2. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

pretty much if not the best break barrel springer out there. tuned they're phenomenal

3. Smithz

Smithz Well-Known Member

I don't know a massive amount on the 98, i know that there's been a few guys on here who swap out the 98 barrel on there 95 for the added weight which equates to less muzzle kick. and well its Weihrauch so i doubt you'll be doing wrong with it. by the looks of it to me personally it looks pretty Ft based, although im sure it's not what it was primarly built for.

4. Speed

Speed Busy Member

i have a 98barel on my 95

the 98s are basically a hw95 with a shrouded barrel and a stock designed towards target shooting, you won't have any trouble with one

5. Smithz

Smithz Well-Known Member

this may seem a bit stupid but does the shroud on the 98 barrel do anything about the noise or is it purely to decrease recoil?

6. Jed Clampit

Jed Clampit Posting Addict

The shroud deadens the noise - but not to moderator levels, it reduces muzzle flip and gives the rifle a good balance.
    i've got a (long term loan) tuned one and it's as accurate as any PCP but Maybe not as easy to shoot with out practice though.
    a few us we playing down at War this morning and It's a superb.
    I've had a Vmach 95, an LGV and a tx in the last year - all faultless rifles but in my opinion the 98 is the best of the 4.

7. milek

milek Honorary Member

I shot that 98 at WAR today and produced a group akin to what I get with my PCP's. Stunned at what I achieved with it, I would happily shoot a comp with it.

8. Smithz

Smithz Well-Known Member

Ahh...i see thanks, i'm very near to vmaching my 95 when it arrives i'm looking forward to it.

9. Jed Clampit

Jed Clampit Posting Addict

Smithz, good luck the the Vmach kit - it made mine a lot more pleasant to shoot but still needed a bit of twiddling after I fitted it to get it right .

10. Smithz

Smithz Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, i must admit the idea of it being perfect as soon as that kit is fitted is nice but i got no doubt i'd have something to adjust or tinker with but thanks all the same fella.

11. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

Awesome springer but like most HWs of late it probly will need stripping to check if the spring has been finished and possibly send the spring of to have a delrin spring guide made to fit it properly as they always do seem to be a loose fit and twangy.

Or wait for a second hand one thats been tuned.

12. valboskie

valboskie Busy Member

I have an hw98 which was vmached by the rfd I never shot it standard.
    The power creeped upto 13fpe. I stripped it and took out the 3 washers its now doing 10.8 fpe its stunningly Accurate
    And highly recommended.
    I have a venom lazaglide hw95 which has an hw98 barrel again a very accurate Sweet shooting rifle.
    You can't go wrong with one.
    Atb
    David

13. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

From my experience with 2 of them, I had one factory standard .177 and one sfs tuned, Rowan trigger and cs700 skeleton stock.
    Of the 2 I found the original easier to shoot and more pleasent to use. I think the cs stock was too big and rigid, as well as the pistol grip being too sloped and far back. But of course this may differ with different users.
    Hw95's are nice too and feel good to handle, but as standard with the silenced version, the spring twang is more likely to be more noticeable...

Thanks
    Tom

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  14. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

Welsh Willy does them tuned with one of his kits fitted for about £65-70 on top of the normal price for the rifle. Considering his kits alone are normally about £55-60, that's quite a good deal.

He did that to my 95 and fitted a 98 barrel at the same time. If you can't collect, you do have to take into account RFD delivery, which added on about £40 in total, £15 to send £25 to receive.

15. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

If you have a HW95 a heavy silencer works really well mines 240grams which is a fair bit of weight on th end of the barrel, i find that works great also makes the gun super easier to cock i can cock mine with my little finger.
    How much does WW charge just to have a top hat and spring guide made to fit your existing spring?

16. BigE

BigE Well-Known Member

Got a new HW98 a few weeks back. Very accurate but does twang a bit. Will put a few more tins through it before I decide whether to have it tuned or not.
    Its in .177 and shoots best with JSB4.52 and Weihrauchs own FTT pellet. The adjustable butt pad and cheek piece are good and helps to make the rifle fit better.

17. royboy2511

royboy2511 Well-Known Member

fantastic gun ,got it in .177 /.22 brilliant .

18. Egg

Egg Major Poster

I like the stock, very rugged feel to it and the cheekpiece is a nice touch. Other than that it's an HW95 with a fat barrel :D

19. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

And silver trigger lol :)

20. valboskie

valboskie Busy Member

That is the best 2 pellets through mine the weihrauch ftt just shade it but the power
    Drops from 10.8 fpe with jsb exacts to 10.2 with weihrauch ftts .
    Atb
    David