1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Hw95 Groups - .177 & .22

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Oat, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Oat

Oat Spud guns rule

This thread is primarily for @telephonepete who asked to see some HW95 groups. It is not a thread about which cal is best for a springer - it is just a demonstration of both.

I took both rifles to the garden this evening, set up at 30yd and did 5 shot groups.
    The groups can be improved on when using a bench. For these i was sat on 1 garden chair and rested my forehand on another - so the groups are what i'd expect for the scenario.

I hope this is of interest / help.
    Screenshot_6.png Screenshot_6.png Screenshot_7.png Screenshot_8.png Screenshot_9.png Screenshot_10.png Screenshot_11.png Screenshot_12.png Screenshot_13.png

2. dh131286

dh131286 Engaging Member

What pellets are you using?

3. Oat

Oat Spud guns rule

The .177 are air arms express (JSB)
    The .22 are webley mosquito express (JSB)

PumpnGun likes this.
  4. dh131286

dh131286 Engaging Member

Thanks, did you try many pellets before settling with these ones? Just curious as im still trying to find the best ones for my 2 95's

Oat likes this.
  5. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

It is of great interest. I suppose it all depends on how comfortable and steady you are. The only way i can really make a comparison with the results i got is if you are shooting as i was which was sitting rested on a bean bag. When you have time can you do some groups like that? Thanks for the trouble that you have already gone too.

Oat likes this.
  6. Oat

Oat Spud guns rule

Not really. I find lightweight pellets like these to be the best performers in all my rifles, so i keep a steady supply of them.
    I also keep some AA Fields (JSB) in both cals which are solid performers too. Just that lighter pellets are quicker so i use them to reduce lock time.
    I have various other pellets; like some RWS but they are pretty poor. Accuracy is 'ok' but the drag the design creates is undesirable.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    PumpnGun likes this.
  7. Oat

Oat Spud guns rule

For garden furniture, i'm happy with those results. I sure could be more comfortable at the range on the bench.
    I find the best way to shoot all my rifles is to get on aim and squeeze the trigger; if i hover on aim, overthink hold or breathing then the groups widen a little.

8. dh131286

dh131286 Engaging Member

The pics of my groups you saw on the other thread were using a bean bag if that helps you in anyway. But nowhere near as good as OATSs groups

Oat likes this.
  9. robs5230

robs5230 Very Active

Interesting you mention that Oat, the (what I call) instinctive shot. It works for me from a bench and in the field too.

Oat likes this.
  10. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter...

Nothing in it really, both calibres appear pretty much on par...

Oat likes this.
  11. rabbitcatcher

rabbitcatcher Engaging Member

pretty much as I get with my 2 hw95s-177 is tighter with 4.52 superfield and .22 likes falcon acc plus a tad better than jsb express.not much in it

12. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Yes i would be because you are probably not resting either elbow. I am set up for very comfortable resting on a bean bag. Perhaps one day at the range if you remember.

13. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Hi I will see if I can find it again I have forgotten what it was like.

14. Oat

Oat Spud guns rule

At a bench i'd only improve by 1 or 2mm. Those groups are good enough for me with a boinger :)

15. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Yes i have found it. I dont like those targets I think the detract your attention from the main group. Well done.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  16. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Hi I put these groups up only to show you what I am striving to do with all my guns. I am shooting from a bench rested on a bean bag very relaxed and comfortable. The conditions I imagine were good. The white card with the results from three guns was shot only at 25 yards because it was windy. If you look at the 99 groups see how it holds its own with the big heavy underlevers. This is why i got rid of two 95,s one converted to a 98 because i am too old to introduce a great deal of frustration into my life when the little 99 performs like this. I should say that i only keep

20180714_092655.jpg 20180714_092220.jpg
    the best bulls. However the three guns card is not unusual at 25 yards.

dh131286 and Oat like this.
  17. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Big Poster

Some of them are not too dissimilar are they considering the difference in projectile size, good shoot'n tex !... :thumb: