1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

HW90/Beeman RX1/RX2 - trigger adjustable?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Ted, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Ted

Ted Newbie

Hello all,

I recently got a Beeman RX2 .22 which I understand is essentially the same as the HW90.

If at all possible I would like to be able to adjust out the slight (but annoying) creep in the second stage of the trigger, just before the sear trips.

I see there is a threaded hole in the triggerr itself, but I cannot see anything in there. I will probably have to remove the trigger housing to see better.

Is there a tiny (2mm?) allen or hex-head screw inside that hole, which can be adjusted so that once the second stage of the trigger pull is reached, just a little more pressure trips the sear?

Or is the trigger an "as is" affair?

Also, I plan to try to modify the safety so it does not make such a loud "click" when pushed to the off position. On a still day, that click is LOUD.

I also plan to make some sort of stop behind the trigger so as to eliminate overtravel of the trigger, once the sear has released.

Last but not least, so far my RX2 seems to prefer Crosman Premier pellets. But I notice that the barrel tends to lead up somewhat. I bought some Napier Power Lube to try. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks in advance,

Ted

2. Ted

Ted Newbie

My friend's RX2 - answer to my own question

My friend told me that in his RX2, the threaded hole contains a tiny hex-head screw that adjusts the amount of "creep" in the second stage. He said he adjusted his so that there was virtually NO creep in the second stage.

Just passing it along.