1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Hw77k .20

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by rmcn82, Feb 13, 2019.

1. rmcn82

rmcn82 Active Member

Hi guys,

I’ve had my eye on a .20 Hw77k Laminate on Gunstar which is second hand and was looking a second opinion on price before I buy something over the odds. My feelings are that it is too overpriced but I just need a sensible second opinion before parting with hard earned cash. Maybe someone here knows the gun? It’s priced at £575? Thoughts?

Special edition HW77K laminated .20
    -Argos Athlon 4-16 x 40 IR side focus scope (with original box)
    -Coasters on turrets for ease of use.
    -BKL mounts
    -Hawke bubble level.
    -Padded gun bag.

2. mulletman6

mulletman6 Keyboard Hero

rmcn82 likes this.
  3. littleJon365

littleJon365 Keyboard Hero

I wouldn’t part with that sort of money mate, way over the top IMO. Better bargains out there.
    Drop the scope and bits and see what he/she would do for gun only, that will tell you how much from new they would expect.

rmcn82 likes this.
  4. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Way overpriced IMO :down:

rmcn82 and littleJon365 like this.
  5. rich79

rich79 Donator

They're about £420 new with no glass, add £50 for the .20cal option, then add the scope & mounts.
    Just for the gun going by the 2/3rds rule that should be about £300 then, optics warehouse are doing a deal on Athlon scopes at the mo so really £575 isn't far off a new one, you're paying full price for the gun with a bit knocked off the scope.

rmcn82, littleJon365 and foxtrott like this.
  6. littleJon365

Theres another blue laminate one on GS for £490, .177 TBT with scope and case in Lancashire. Still over priced though.
    Does say “Plonkers will be ignored” so that would rule out a sensible offer as this is another case of wanting near new money.

rmcn82 likes this.
  7. rich79

rich79 Donator

The only 4-16x40 Athlon I can find on O.W is the Talos at £120!
    Roughly added up its £620 new, 2/3rds of that is £400+/-
    Bearing in mind it may be a better Athlon scope, but not by that much.

rmcn82 likes this.
  8. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

If you want one the much just order a new one from SWS.

littleJon365 and rmcn82 like this.
  9. Peter Norris

Peter Norris Post Whore

You can import a standard stock HW77/77k from SWS Germany for £350 direct to your door.
    The blue stock will not make it shoot any better....
    Good luck.
    Peter.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    rmcn82 likes this.
  10. Rat reaper

Rat reaper Post Whore

I paid £280 sh for my laminated 77 in good nick in .22 add a few extra quid for .20 and that should give you some idea of what you can pick them up for

rmcn82 likes this.
  11. rmcn82

rmcn82 Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I just wanted to have people with sensible heads tell me ‘NO’ it’s too expensive :) I had figured that it wasn’t far off the price of a new one. It is the same one on the list of inconceivable from Cloverleafs wonderful Freeads post!

I just love the .20 cal but can be impatient at times! I don’t like the wait times! I ordered a HW97k in .20 from Woodys of Wembley at start of June and didn’t get it until end of November.. long wait. Love it though!

Trampilot and littleJon365 like this.
  12. littleJon365

Shop around, there’s ways a few .20’s that come up on GS and GT every now and then. Just keep a clear head of you’ll over pay

rmcn82 likes this.
  13. Peter Norris

Peter Norris Post Whore

Six months delivery...….?
    SWS Germany are 3-4 working days direct to your door.
    Peter.

rmcn82, Sanguinius and littleJon365 like this.
  14. Vangard

Vangard Engaging Member

Have you got a link to them Peter?.

15. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

I had to wait 6 months for my .20 97 direct from HW.

rmcn82 likes this.
  16. Vard

Vard Busy Member

17. Vangard

Vangard Engaging Member

Vard likes this.
  18. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Surely you get two of them for that money!!

19. rmcn82

rmcn82 Active Member

Thanks for the link! Haven’t been on the SWS site before. Lots more stuff to drool over! Yeah it was a long wait for the HW97k .20... but boy was it worth it. I also bought a HW100T Laminate stock in .20 off Woodys in May as it was already in stock. Just love the .20 for sub 12ft lbs.

20. rmcn82

rmcn82 Active Member

Yeah had a look there.. €384 for the 77k in .20! Nice selection overall in the .20 section so thanks for the link @Vard ... maybe my credit card won’t thank you though :)

Vard and mikeyhall1 like this.