1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Hw44

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by steevie dan, Jun 6, 2019.

1. steevie dan

steevie dan Big Poster

Help please, HW44 are they any good and are they really worth the £599 that countryway are doing them for, keep looking but just want some advise really before I do something that I regret. What uses do they have apart from targets in the back yard?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. Peter John Boyse

Peter John Boyse Engaging Member

Can’t recommend the HW44 enough. Just immensely pleasurable. The best pistol I’ve had the pleasure to use and the build quality is exceptional, even though I paid considerably more than the price you mentioned, as I’m a lefty.

If your into pistols, this is the one to have.

My only recommendation is, be careful where you purchase.... there is only one legal UK importer. “Hull Cartridge”

If you’re not worried about such things... purchase from your preferred dealer.

steevie dan likes this.
  3. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

Great pistol, and the trigger is exceptional, on a par with pure target pistols. It is a large pistol, especially with the mod fitted, but performance wise it’s excellent. £599 is what I paid from D.A.I, I asked for a price match and they agreed.

steevie dan likes this.
  4. steevie dan

steevie dan Big Poster

Ah I am a lefty too, so it will be even more for me then, hadn't thought of that.
    Not worried if it is hull cartridge or not all that means is we pay more for it.
    May I just ask what extra it is for a lefty, penalised again as usual.

5. steevie dan

steevie dan Big Poster

I have looked at one at my local gun shop but didn't look at the price, but going on everything else he has it would be really expensive there.
    I haven't had a pistol since I was a teen (14) and that was a BSA Scorpion .177 did like that gun. My father took it away and welded it to a metal post after I shot some stuff with it.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  6. Peter John Boyse

Let me say first. It is quite easy to use it Right handed, it was just a personal preference for me.

Now, hear lies the problem. If you don't buy a Hull Cartridge import, you will have to order or find a supplier that can order a Left Handed gun direct from Weihrauch, which may involve some considerable wait to supply.

The cost for me was £655 but worth it...... Sorry, I really am a real Lefty and although there are loads of us, gun manufacturers just don't cater for us oddballs.

I ordered this via my local gun club.

Apparently, Hull Cartridge import the gun as Right Handed and do the mod themselves.

7. steevie dan

steevie dan Big Poster

I see thanks for the info but I may just forget about it for now as I don't want to spend that kind of money at the present time on something I probably wont use that much.
    I want to get my R10 JB'd so may just get that sorted first as I do actually use that.

8. madpastie

madpastie Donator

i was going to get rid of mine as i didn't use it much, but after taking it out a couple of months ago it goes with me most times with the impact, it's very accurate pistol indeed and is now a keeper.
    The grip is left or right and as far as i'm aware the cocking lever can be swapped to the other side...

9. Peter John Boyse

Me also... R10 the love of my life, even prefer it to my other fav... Daystate Red Wolf, which doesn't get used as much as the R10.

You can't go far wrong with a blueprint JB

My Red Pepper

[​IMG]

Blue BSA likes this.
  10. Reevo17

Reevo17 Keyboard Hero

Amazing pistol but with scope and silencer too much to hold offhand shooting

On a bipod easy peasy

11. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me!'

Yeah Its a great pistol, tad expensive but guess you get what you pay for.. Mine out shoots me..

Reevo17 likes this.
  12. RIOT

RIOT Engaging Member

Love mine 22

13. john harris

john harris Engaging Member

still looking for a stock for one of these. Anyone ?

14. PBaz Barrett

A stock for a Hw44?

15. john harris

john harris Engaging Member

don't think there are any 'proper' ones (why not, it cries out for one), but someone must/will do one...… Don't want to bipod/bench rest it. Too heavy for single hand
    WANT ONE gggrrrrr, but want a stock

16. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

@Rincewind666 is the man to talk to once he has his workshop sorted.

17. madpastie

madpastie Donator

if you want to add a stock to a pistol( for some strange reason) wouldn't you be better off buying a rifle to start with?

18. PBaz Barrett

Yeah a Hw110? 12 ftlb as well rather than 6..

19. Paul55

Paul55 Busy Member

And not much more expensive

Reevo17 likes this.
  20. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

I feel like I'm stating the obvious but here goes.

Pistol + stock = carbine

Carbine - stock = pistol

Choice is always desirable but there's an even better reason than that which requires no justification - because he wants to ! :p

PBaz Barrett and Reevo17 like this.