1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Hw44 Stock - Improvements?

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Cottonpickers, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Cottonpickers

Cottonpickers Donator

I'm designing a stock for the HW44 - 3D printed. Its coming on ok- need to shorten it by 6cm as the reach is a little long (measure twice, print once!) but a quick test tonight and it helped a lot for keeping it steady. Would need a new scope as eye relief is long on the pistol scope.

I quite like the rounded, curved pieces but son says it should all be square/straight. I was thinking maybe to add a slot in the long arm to pop a spare magazine in. Its not foldable, but is tool less fitting, and strong enough to hold the gun from the stock.

Would like to get it as nice as possible so any suggestions to improve looks appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    Loving the 44. Had a pp700sa before which was great, but this is really nice to use. Something about German engineering. multi shot is really great too. I don't have much distance to shoot in, and really wanted a nice pcp rifle. I think this is a good compromise for me.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  2. Rincewind666

Rincewind666 Moderated user

Mate that's top work, love the design, if you can make a cheek peice add on and adjustable buttpad, also think about making it extend . . abit like crutches work . . So it can be adjusted to fit the user

Cottonpickers likes this.
  3. Rincewind666

Rincewind666 Moderated user

Also implement some kind of pellets /mag holder on it too maybe . . .

4. joebr

joebr Well-Known Member

Another example of the talented members of the forum. Just wish I was that capable.

5. sagalout

sagalout Apparently I need more guns.

That looks proper! I think I agree with your boy that it would look better (more aggressive) with straight arms. Really nice job. I wish all you clever persons if dubious parentage would stop posting these stunning looking custom jobs on here, I want one now :)

6. RIOT

RIOT Engaging Member

What would be the cost
    Of one of these
    I like it

7. Cottonpickers

Cottonpickers Donator

Damn. Lol so I will look at more aggressive , straight rods. Likely rectangular with detail on it (a pattern on it like the barrel). Maybe I’ll finish this one first with a shorter length.

I like the idea of a mag holder. Hmm cheek piece. I’ll have look at some pics to get an idea how to do that. I won’t do the crutch thing as I think it would detract from the look but I could make custom reach for each person easily enough. Just need to know reach and I can print to fit.

Currently it mostly fixes to the top weaver rail and rests elsewhere. Not sure if I should fix more firmly to bottom.

Riot if you would like this one (but a shorter size - reach around 33cm rather than the 40+ here ) I can send to you for £14 inc postage. When I get it all perfected if there’s interest i’ll Likely sell for £35 on Free ads with a small discount here. Might have a few options (aggressive/not mag holder/not and reach).

Any other constructive criticism welcome?

Also wonder if an hw110 shaped stock would appeal? Likely thumbhole type thing and take months to get right though.

Rincewind666 likes this.
  8. john harris

john harris Busy Member

9. madpastie

madpastie Donator

looks really nice, and a good compromise as you said.
    as for the two top curves i think would look better solid, and use the rectangle cutout design like on the top of the barrel stepping down, but that's just my opinion still looks great though :thumb:

10. jayp888

jayp888 Active Member

Nice job mate. You are the pro at this! Mine is definitely not as pretty as yours. Lol.

11. Cottonpickers

Cottonpickers Donator

Thanks for the comments all. Certainly not a pro, always learning!
    Anyway. Here's version 2. Gone are the curves my son dislikes. In are some angles and a magazine holder :) I've tried to continue the styling through to the butt. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Needs a couple minor tweaks then I think this is good to go :) Next up a thumbhole stock version - perhaps with adjustable cheek piece.
    Welcome any feedback to improve this.

12. jayp888

jayp888 Active Member

I think your son is right! The shape is more in keeping with the pistol. Great job

13. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Lol. I was gonna comment that how about trying to pick up the design along the top of the barrel/breech but you went and did it before I got chance to reply. ;)Looks loads better. What about a couple of cut outs or reliefs either side of the spare mag slot or along the top of the mag, maybe a few holes or cut-outs in this area. Looks a little 'heavy' or chunky around there.

Looks the biz tho.
    :thumb:

14. Cottonpickers

Cottonpickers Donator

Nubble… Nice idea. and now incorporated ! - great idea in fact.

I think I'm officially finished on this design. (but reserve the right for minor tweaks!!)
    Here's how its finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm going to pop this up for sale on Freeads and ebay initially for £35, but if you contact me via AGF I'll knock a £2.50 off whatever price I advertise it for, and donate £2.50 to AGF

15. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Looks loads better.

16. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Can I be cheeky enough to suggest a minor tweak for consideration??? :oops:

Vertical line on the first and last of your new 'cut-outs' to pick up the line of the mag slot. Maybe loose 1 hole on the top row, far right? Either that or could you move the mag slot down about 8-10mm to centre it with the new holes?? :oops:

Purely aesthetics. And just my opinion of course. It looks the biz tho.

Cottonpickers and QuoVadis69 like this.
  17. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

That looks fantastic @Cottonpickers - all I need is the pistol to go with it . . . . :D

18. sagalout

sagalout Apparently I need more guns.

That looks brilliant, if only I could afford the HW44 to go with it!

19. Cottonpickers

Cottonpickers Donator

Yes! please do :) I'll still take all improvements going forward - just wanted to get it to a point where I can call it sellable/workable and I think I'm there now.
    I get you on the alignment of the cutouts. There was a reason for the slot being a little higher (it gives me room below for an internal slot for the shoulder piece to slot fully in. But actually its plenty strong enough to allow me to shave a bit of the internal 'peg' allowing me to centralise the mag slot more. I'll align the new cutouts better at the same time. I didn't really understand the vertical line bit, but I'll line stuff up and go from there. I'm thinking of adding a little relief the large block of material to the left of the mag holder too. Not sure what but something. Maybe lined up with the mag holder... anyway...

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK ! its helping me loads get it looking better.

PumpnGun likes this.
  20. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

Looks great, I am tempted