1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice HW35 advice sought

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Gwyns94, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Gwyns94

Gwyns94 Active Member

Hi guys,
    I have a few questions regarding a HW35 that I have.
    I think its the E model as it has a raised cheekpiece stock, are all E models made of walnut ?
    From the serial no, its from the 1980's and has a leather seal.
    I dismantled it last week, and the grease had dried up, so i put the piston rod in a drill and cleaned it up with fine emery.
    Anyway I think that the rod is bent, as the piston was'nt revolving true, and it was properly in the chuck.
    Can I buy a later piston with a nylon seal ? Or replace the rod from a HW80 one as I read that it will fit.
    Also do I buy an adapter with a 30mm seal or try and get a leather one, or try and make one ?
    I think that the transfer port is close to 3mm, rather than 4mm.

Thanks in advance

Gwyn

2. davymole

davymole Donator

Northop Hall, Mold, Flintshire North Wales
    hi gwyn the export model 35 had white stripe on the heel of the stock and on the butt piece also a longer barrel ,the piston according to the chambers parts list as different ,There are a couple of firms offering adapters chambers being one to convert early 35 to synthetic seals I think with a 3mm port its earlier than 1980 ,one of mine is a 1974 with leather washer and is numbered 526180,the exports had longer barrels I have a k at 16" an standard 19 1/2" and 21 1/2" which I think is the export barrel length

3. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

This is an Export:

[​IMG]

This is a Luxus (note the difference in the fore-end and cheek piece on the stock):

[​IMG]

4. JD

JD Donator

welcome to the AFG.

You can true up the piston rod with abit of careful manipulation, or if the piston is rough overall, you can buy a new one on a exchange basis, with Chambers gun spares that will take the plastic type of piston seal.

5. Gwyns94

Gwyns94 Active Member

Thanks, and I do then have the Export with the long barrel, and the white stripe on the butt. The serial no is 825258. I've found that chambers do a kit - TK035A, which includes piston with nylon seal, nylon spring guide and top hat, breech seal and an ox accelerator spring for £89.00 They do list an early piston and seal alone for £41.98 but out of stock. I think that calls for a phone call.

6. JD

JD Donator

Chambers have got the new type piston and seal for £30.94, this would work well in your Hw35, as it has the 2.8 transfer port, or just buy the convertor and nylon seal

If your looking to buy a service/tuning kit, may I surgest a Welsh willy kit, already set up and ready to fit, far better than a Ox or Titan spring straight out of there pack