1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Hw110

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Mark Coulter, May 2, 2019.

1. Mark Coulter

Mark Coulter Active Member

Hi all I just recently got an hw110 and bought one of those cheap hand pumps from ebay. The problem I am having is it won't connect to the hw110 fill probe does anyone know what connector/adaptor I may need.
    Many thanks
    Mark

2. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

What coupling is on the fill probe? Is it threaded or foster?

3. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

You have got a whip line between the pump and the probe havent you?

4. Mark Coulter

Yes the whipline has a connector on the end but it won't fit my fill probe

5. Mark Coulter

It's threaded at one end and the other end has two oring seals on it I have never used air guns before it's all fac stuff I used

6. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface Nobody's honkin' Manilow

Is the whip end threaded or is it quick release?

7. BallisticBill

BallisticBill Busy Member

The probe for the HW110 has a standard thread.
    What do you have on the whip?

8. Tops

Tops Busy Member

Photos?

9. Mark Coulter

I don't know how to add pics but the whip has a quick detach end. And the probe has a normal threaded end

10. Mark Coulter

It's OK I just bought a starter set from best fittings and I will see if that works. Thanks for all your replies they where really helpful

11. Steve D

Steve D Member

I Bought a pump as well from far away on Ebay, Some of the supplied fittings threads were wrong. I purchased a 1/8BSP Tap and Die set to make them fit. Also helps if you ever drop your fill probe and damage threads. Got a 110 last week, very impressive so far, I can consistent hit a weighted string from 14m away resting on my knees.

12. Husky-loves-to-run

Husky-loves-to-run Busy Member

Just shows it’s a versatile rifle and can do both with ease! ;), personally I really like mine, it’s my favourite out of the PCPs that I own. Admittedly I can’t afford Daystates and the like to compare but I’m happy with the BSAs and Hw.

Steve D and Rattymcrattyface like this.
  13. Steve D

Steve D Member

I have a Compatto I bought second hand 18months ago, haven't barely touched it since getting the 110. Have to admit I really like it. When shooting the Compatto I'm now more aware of the ting sound it makes from the cylinder compared to shooting the 110.

Husky-loves-to-run likes this.
  14. Husky-loves-to-run

Husky-loves-to-run Busy Member

Yeah, smooth and quiet.

15. Teuchter Boy

Teuchter Boy Engaging Member

I wouldnt shoot at quarry over 45 yards sub 12 but that is just my preference. With my fac airguns that can be pushed out to almost double (subject to conditions). Happy to paper punch all day long at rediculous ranges but to be sure of my quarry I like to keep to lower ranges. Never had much of an issue creeping within 50 yards of a rabbit so don't generally see the need to stretch out beyond this range. 5 pence groups at 50 yards are repeatable but bear in mind there are loads of variables out in the field which means even the best shot ought not to take this for granted.

Seamaster and talent like this.
  16. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Post Whore

Exactly this

Teuchter Boy likes this.
  17. Steve D

Steve D Member

I've been watching those YouTube video's with Phil Price in talking about a lighter pellets making better killers. I know some will say any pellet placed right will do. Question: I'm using the .22 HW110 sub 12 in my garden at up to 14m. For a total KO clean kill should I go 14g or more towards 18grain at this range. Half way through a bottle of cider at the moment.

18. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Post Whore

At 14m any weight will do it. It’ll be about 9ftlbs still. Bear in mind it’s only rats and squirrels you can legally shoot in your garden

19. Seamaster

Seamaster Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I’ve deleted the OP’s irresponsible post and unfortunately had to delete a couple from other members who quoted him, even though they were pointing out the error of his ways.
    To the OP, please do not post any more of this BS or you will find yourself on a break.

MartinJGUK likes this.
  20. Steve D

Steve D Member

Yes we get rats off the fields coming under the fence eating the chicken feed.