1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Hw110 Problem

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Kizzy, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

Hi guys, just got my new HW110 lastnight and today I used a manual pump to put 150bar in the cyclinder just to sight it in. No problem there, went to town for a few hours with the wife and kids and when we came home i decided to have a plink about my land so I decided to refill before leaving.... problem is that the cyclinder wont pump above 50 bar for some reason, almost like the air won't go in to the cyclinder. If I bleed off the pump, the pump is pumping fine and reconnect it won't let me pump above 50 bar for some reason. Beyond annoyed since it's less than 24hr in my possession! Any help much appreciated....

2. mikey

mikey Pro Poster

If it was mine it would be going straight back to the shop

Marky-Boy likes this.
  3. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

I would but it is 2 hr drive back down and another 2 hrs back home! .....and if I was to go straight from work tomorrow it would be 4 hrs down and 2 hrs home...

4. mikey

mikey Pro Poster

See if you can find someone local with a dive bottle to fill it...not sure if it will cure the problem but it’s worth giving it a try

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  5. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

Firstly pull the side lever back, leave it back and try to pump

6. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

Yeah I was in contact with a friend of mine who had a dive bottle but has since sold it unfortunately, but has said I can try his manual pump tomorrow just to eliminate mine from the equation. Typically this would happen!

7. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

Tried that, tried it cocked, tried it uncocked, tried it with cocking lever open and no joy

8. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The One + 1

Do you regret not getting a HW100?

9. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

I had a HW100 and it was worth it's weight in gold but ended up trading it few years ago and got into long range shooting. Bought the HW110 and collected it lastnight and would you believe that my old HW100 was sitting in a gun case in the shop lastnight, 4yrs after I traded it and it was destroyed! The guy that bought it from the gun dealer stored it in a shed and it was covered in rust and chipped timber stock and pitted. I nearly cried when I saw it....

Marky-Boy likes this.
  10. mikeyhall1

On this occasion are you trying to fill a completely empty cylinder?

11. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

No, it was down to about 20 so I was topping up from there and only got to 50ish and the pump would not anymore in, almost as of it was beyond full, the pump wouldn't even cycle there was that much back pressure and like I said I bled off the excess air and the pump works fine :confused:

12. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

Went out there and used up all the air in the cyclinder and tried to refill and same problem as before, only fills to 50 and that's it...

13. mikeyhall1

At this juncture it’s one of two things..

1- Theres dirt in the fill valve and if so a blast from a bottle will clear it.

2- It’s the pump it self not going to second stage when pumping.

14. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

Hopefully I'll get my hands on my mates pump tomorrow and see if his will do the job.....nothing else I can do in the mean time!

15. Carlos76

Carlos76 Pro Poster

Where you based ? Someone local could help you

16. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Sounds like the pump's goosed. I've never known the valves stick shut in these guns but even if it did, this would manifest itself as the pump would continue to operate, pushing up the line pressure between it and the gun which would be registered on the pressure gauge.

If the pump's gauge is only showing 50bar but the pump won't complete its stroke / the handle rebounds it suggests a non-return valve in the pump is shafted. Try another charging source if possible!

Kizzy likes this.
  17. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

Sligo, north west rep. Of ireland

18. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

Must be the pump. In a last ditch effort just there I located the bleed valve on the cyclinder itself for draining the air for long term storage and left it open and pumped air through with the pump and it flowed no problem, so if there was a blockage it should've at least cleared from the entry point. I closed the bleed valve and pumped again and yet again it stopped about 50.... has to be the pump....

19. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Sounds like you've got it nailed, then ;)

20. Kizzy

Kizzy Engaging Member

If it is the pump than stay away from Kral pumps :facepalm:

I'll know tomorrow and put up the result! If it is the pump than I have a hell of a journey back for my €200!

rmcn82 and cloverleaf like this.