1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Hw100 Kt .177 (btas + Hw Tuning Titanium)

Discussion in 'Sales Graveyard' started by rgc_swanseaARC, Aug 14, 2019.

1. rgc_swanseaARC

rgc_swanseaARC He's not the Stig...He's the Stigs Welsh cousin

TESTING THE WATER (as discussed with The Robin)

Hw100 KT .177 Laminate or GINB stock

Shoots well with RWS Superdome, H&N Sniper Medium, JSB Express, but is most accurate in my opinion with H&N Barracuda Match / Bisley Magnum / HW Magnum (same pellet essentially) in 4.51 size.

This rifle was bought by me (2nd hand) as a BTAS (Ben Taylor and Sons) converted rifle. It had the FX lightweight cylinder and reg in the tube.

The original FX tube was leaking and was damaged so I decided to purchase and fit a HW100 Tuning Titanium cylinder with the Huma Reg system at a cost of around £300.

As well as being light weight, the HW Tuning titanium cylinder is the same profile as the original HW steel cylinder but is 10mm longer to account for the space the reg takes up inside. It is also pressure tested to over 700 Bar!!

The reg is currently set at 92 Bar (but is adjustable should you wish)

When filled to 200 bar it gets around 90 shots before reaching reg pressure. The advantage of this system is you can fill to 250 Bar which then gets you close to 120 shots from a fill. Both massive gains over the standard HW100 KT.

The BTAS works also add a few other features/improvements to the standard HW100. The top of the block is machined for an additional grub screw to stop the barrel spinning when you take the silencer on/off which was a common complaint of the standard rifle which only has the 1x grub screw located below the barrel. The barrel is free floating.

BTAS increase the hammer stroke by 1.5mm. The hammer spring in HW100’s are quite strong and it was noted that air was being wasted by the hammer double bouncing on the firing valve mechanism when you release the shot causing a second blast of air to be released upon firing which obviously wastes air.

The Anti tamper has been removed and a polished and degreased shuttle mechanism has been fitted to allow correct adjustment and best use of hammer/reg air flow. The adjuster has a flat headed screw driver slot.

There is further info available on the web if you want to know what else is involved in a BTAS tune, but basically it addresses some of the minor complaints of the standard rifle, which as I say are very minor as the HW100 in general is a pretty good off the shelf gun.

The rifle will come with 2x genuine 14 shot mags and 1x genuine single shot adaptor as well as the fill probe.

Also has the Rowan Engineering Black Trigger

I have 2x stocks for it. The Weihrauch KT laminate adjustable stock or a GINB Teak Doreng stock which I have stripped, sanded and given an oil finish which really brings out some lovely markings.

The rifle will come with the choice of stock.

Action in my opinion is a good 90%+ condition. There are slight marks to the scope rail where mounts have been attached. The Titanium cylinder is unmarked so id say 95%+ condition.

The HW Laminate stock has a small scratch that i have pictured.
    The Ginb is as new condition.

I also have an Air Fective Tuning 2 stage carbon shroud on the rifle. This can be negotiated.

Stocks and shroud will not be available separately until the rifle is sold so the new buyer has first option.

To buy a HW100 KT LA new off the shelf today is circa £995

To buy the Titanium Cylinder and Reg is circa £300

To buy the Air Fective Tuning Shroud is Circa £130

To buy the GINB stock (no longer made) were circa £300 - £400

I love the HW100’s, but im taking a trip to the dark side and purchasing a Daystate Pulsar. I have never had a Daystate rifle and the itch is there so something must make way. If you have one of the above in .177 (preferable synthetic stock but not essential) and want to do a trade/swap + cash deal then let me know.

Price:

£850 ono if with the Ginb Stock
    £750 ono if with the HW laminate stock

Includes: Rifle, Titanium cylinder and Reg, stock (choice above), 2x mags, 1x single shot mag, 1x fill probe.

Any questions or queries please ask.
    Lots more pictures available.

Collection preferred so you can see the equipment first hand.

Although im newer to this forum I have over 1000+ posts on the other airgun forum. I ran the Theoben forum and there are members on here that know/have met me (Steve HW Tuning, The Robin (Simon) and probably a few others so I would hope they would vouch for me as genuine should you require assurances.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    The Robin and mulletman6 like this.
  2. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Approved. Good luck with the sale. :)

Be sure to check for activity at least once every 24 hours. It's best to click on 'Watch Thread' to be automatically alerted to any new posts. :up:

Please state 'Sold' in the thread once your items sell, we will then move the thread to the Sales Graveyard.

Thank you.

rgc_swanseaARC likes this.
  3. whambam

whambam Posting Addict

Hi would you sell the spare stock seperate at all please

4. rgc_swanseaARC

Hi Neil,

I will sell the spare stock once a buyer has decided which one they want with the rifle.

Regards,
    Rhys

The Robin and whambam like this.
  5. rgc_swanseaARC

More Pics added

Attached Files:

The Robin likes this.
  6. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

I’d be very interested in the GINB :thumb:

(contact me as I’d pay strong money)

7. rgc_swanseaARC

Hi AA Boy,

Again, as above, quite happy to sell, but buyer of the rifle gets first pick.

Regards,
    Rhys

8. rgc_swanseaARC

I've had a few messages about how much I would sell for with the hw laminate stock.
    £750 if with the laminate stock
    850 if with the Ginb stock

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Rhys

9. rgc_swanseaARC

Forgot to add this also has the Rowan Engineering black trigger

10. rgc_swanseaARC

Few pics of the action with the stock off.

Attached Files:

11. rgc_swanseaARC

Little heading into the weekend bump:

I will add the AFT shroud free into the deal if the asking price(s) £850 with GINB, £750 with HW Laminate stock are met.

Redrum and MartinJGUK like this.
  12. rgc_swanseaARC

Going to leave this until Monday before I advertise elsewhere/split items from it.

If anyone has a daystate pulsar to px against this would be my preference.

Any offers please feel free to pm

13. Regal Man

Regal Man Keyboard Hero

Personally id sell both together. As one package

14. rgc_swanseaARC

This can be done.
    I'd happily sell the both stocks and the shroud with the gun all in for the right price.

Regal Man likes this.
  15. Regal Man

Regal Man Keyboard Hero

Thats exactly , what you should do mate.

rgc_swanseaARC likes this.
  16. Damon

Damon Posting Addict

What do you want for everything?

17. rgc_swanseaARC

Pm me Damon,

We can have a chat about it.

Regards,
    Rhys

18. rgc_swanseaARC

Thanks for the PM's guys.

Last chance saloon.
    £1k takes everything and I'll even throw in a new tin of baracuda match.

£850 with the ginb
    £750 with the hw laminate

Welcome to come see it all for yourself.

Will be offered elsewhere tomorrow morning.

Regal Man, Howlin Wolf and Herbie87 like this.
  19. rgc_swanseaARC

Hi Admin / Mods.
    Please can you lock/delete however it is done here the thread as i am now advertising elsewhere and do not want to flout the rules here.

Kind Regards,
    Rhys

Tadpole likes this.
  20. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I'm moving this out of sales so buyer can add a reply to the thread so he can leave feedback (please don't move it to graveyard I will sort it)

Thanks

Edit only just noticed the thread was locked so it's unlocked now.