1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

hw 100

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by y2kfireblade, Jul 26, 2007.

1. y2kfireblade

y2kfireblade Active Member

can this rifle be upped to fac level?

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Yes.

3. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

hw100 power

the hw100 can be tuned up to fac ,but if you do this it must go on a f.a.c if it does,nt your breaking the law.... also once the hw100 has been set as f.a.c it cannot be removed from your ticket back to a sub 12ft/lb rifle... so if you get rid of it it must be sold as an f.a.c rifle .if you want a f.a.c hw100 then speak to hull cartridge i,m sure dave nicholson will be able to advise you...

4. y2kfireblade

how big a job is it to "turn up" the power? what does it cost? im asking because i will want to put iton my ticket when i get it back under appeal.

5. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Herman's one hundred

Hi y2kf,I've got a slighty tweaked 100,it's still 11.5 ft/lbs.
    I havn't been inside it myself yet. (If it aint broke don't fix it)
    You could definatly have an FAC one.
    I think Weirauch sell a 36 joule model direct from the factory but i'm not 100% positive about that.
    Steve Pope at V-mach should be able to fill you in.

6. y2kfireblade

so how do iget in touch with him? does this involve uprating or replacing certain parts then?

7. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi,This mobile number was published in AGW, so I think it's OK to give it out.
    Steve Pope V-Mach 07850296360
    I should imagine there's a good handful of jiggery pokery involved.

8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Member

FAC HW100

If you're looking at a MK1 rifle, then this thread is a full stripdown and adjust to ensure you stay under 12 ft lbs..although the reverse is true if you have an FAC. http://www.airgunforum.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=266&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=hw100&start=0

The latest MK2's have an anti-tamper device to prevent "tuning". This is bad because many HW100s are on the hot side.

Hull Cartridge were not keen to convert mine to FAC because Dave Nicholson claims that the internals are different for the 2 FAC models (2 different power settings) to cope with additional stress (not sure if that's actually true).

Remember that the FAC HWs also have a longer barrel to make the most of the additional power.