1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Hunting kit

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by jamjon, May 9, 2008.

1. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

I thought it my be interesting to see what accesories you guys carry with you on a hunting trip mine is listed below.

Allways in my pockets

Opinel knife
    disposable rubber gloves
    antseptic wipes
    string
    piece of wire

In my rucksack

Spare knife
    bottle of water
    towel
    plastic bin bags
    multi tool
    small tub of pellets as a back up
    oily rag to wipe down rifle
    small foldin saw and secators for hide building
    lightweight camo net for hide building
    targets for checking zero

2. stu s410

stu s410 Engaging Member

Don't forget the condoms!!!:D

3. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

I've heard of people loving there guns but don't you think your taking it a bit far. Seek some help man:D

4. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

no they hold 2 ltrs of water.

good thing to keep in a survival tin:up:

take a tampon too...makes good kindling for fire.

acohol wipes too. for hygene and the alcohol burns so makes good kindling also

5. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

Not really needed in kit as i allready carry water bottle and there are many better things for carrying water and i don't think the farmer would be too happy with me for starting fire with tampons on his land.

6. Nicksi

Nicksi Engaging Member

Crikey Jamjon you'd give Ray Mears or Bear Grylls a run for his money!!

7. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

good un .ithink all he needs now is the kitchen sink

8. Borja1979

Borja1979 Engaging Member

i carry 2 pouches like this one:
    http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/flwgp1nx.html
    in my belt one with sock full of pellets, a cleaning kit.
    in the other one usualy , jerky, nuts, or any kind of dry food to keep me going
    and my mora-frost knife, cammo paint.
    in my ruck sak i carry a poncho, my folding gilliesuit, 1 litre of water in a hydratation camel back style thinginy on the side, extra socks, zippo ligther, and a small medykit and painkillers for my kidneys!! as yes!!! im sufering of kidney stones!!!! a torch, and a extra fleece. just in case.
    not here but in spain i used to expend the nigth out there! is really nice weak up in the forest with the first noises of your future targets!!!:)
    and of course a extra battery for my mobile phone my digital camera, and
    a big hamand cheddar with mustard baguete with the sice of an arm! ajajaj.

9. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

what does ajajaj mean?

10. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

Before my disability i was a survival instructor and old habits are hard to break wish i could still do that job sitting in an office fixing sat navs just isn't the same

11. Borja1979

Borja1979 Engaging Member

nice i got my training in the army back in spain i did compulsory service in the parachutist unit, so we have 2 months of survival and bushcraft wich i did enjoy and i did lost 15 kilos!ajajajaj al those skills are with u for live!!! is quiet interested to learn.

12. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

always fancied trying a survival thing:eek:

13. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

It's a lot of fun some of the basics are frustrating to begin with like fire lighting but as you start to get the hang of it you get a real sense of acheivement from it

14. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i bet.

i love fire but maches and lighters get boring:p

i tried the bow drill method but the string was too weak:rolleyes:

15. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

Try using a longer drill and rub it between your hands instead of using the bow

16. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i'm rubbish at making the base too to get the ember:eek:

17. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

Keep practicing took me about 6 months to do it

18. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

Best firelighter I ever got was a swedish army magnesium striker,use it with cotton wool kept in a sealed bag.;)

Ian.

19. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

don't forget your blow up sheep,......just in case :D

20. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

Survival stuff is good to know..... As a last resort.

I've found the best way to light a fire in the wilderness is to take a lighter out in the first place.

Looking for food? Try in your pack, where there should be some if you prepared yourself and your kit adequately. It's far easier to carry a couple of mars bars than it is to go picking mushrooms that'll probably kill you anyway.

Need shelter? Where's your tent/basha like? Mine's in my pack thanks.