1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Hunting in a field with a horse in it.

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Johneh, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Johneh

Johneh Active Member

Hi there, me and my friend have been shooting rabbits on a few seperate occasions now in his own small field, however recently they have needed to use the field to keep a horse. Will this reduce the number of rabbits that are go to the field?

Thanks in advance, John. p.s. I searched this and couldnt find anything relevant.

2. shipto

shipto Active Member

I would say its not a good idea to shoot anywhere near a horse, depending of course on the horses nature. most of them will get spooked and run one way or the other which could hurt the horse or the shooter.
    If your using a silent pcp of course you may be ok just as long as the horse doesnt wander into the firing line while your busy lining up your shot.
    I dont think the rabbits will pay too much attention to them though.

3. Johneh

Johneh Active Member

ok thanks for the help shipto, both me and my friend are using springers and the horse doesnt seem to be getting spooked atall, even when shooting from quite close to it.

4. shipto

shipto Active Member

sounds like your fine then. The farm me and a mate have permission on rents out his land for horses and some of those you cant shoot anywhere close to them. we had some spook on us and we kacked ourselves, not because they ran at us but they ran away and we where worried about them stumbling. needless to say we steer clear of them now.
    As I said though the rabbits didnt seem to mind them at all.

5. Johneh

Johneh Active Member

OK, thanks for all the advice dude. Nice one.

6. nimrod

nimrod Well-Known Member

I shoot at a stables near my home and the fields regularly have horses in them...once they get used to seeing your face they will stop following you round the field...when I started shooting there they used to come and watch me shooting and it spooked me a little now they just leave me alone...as long as you observe the position of the hoses in relation to where you are about to take your shot you should not have any problems...I have not popped any of them yet and if I do I have airgun insurance that will cover the damage.