1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Huma regs

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Geordie, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Geordie

Geordie Donator

How much for a Huma for an R10 chaps? Anyone fitted one?
    I fancy one meself.

2. slipperyeel1

slipperyeel1 Engaging Member

£77 posted.
    Fitted one to my R10 and it's super consistent, also you can fill to 232 bar without any inconsistency.
    You need to remove the anti tamper if doing it yourself.
    I can highly recommend fitting one.

Jason.

3. Geordie

Geordie Donator

Wow, thats cheaper than I thought. Di you remove the A/T on the reg yourself? PM details if so as I don't want to infringe any forum rules.

Cheers.

4. johnboy22

johnboy22 Donator

As above fitted one to both my .22 and .177 .

Very easy to fit and the utube link takes you through it step by step.

In a word BRILLENT , thank Darrin

5. ratharvester

ratharvester Donator

Fitted one to my r10,in a word 'awesome' it was really easy to fit with Darrin's fool proof instructions.I am really pleased I fitted one it's made it very consistent.:up:

6. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Keep reading great things about these regs ep in the p12 bullpup must be good if xtx has swaped from the tench reg

7. mattyts

mattyts Donator

When did he switch? When I had my Ultra regged,there was a choice with the HuMa being slightly cheaper.

I have a Tench reg fitted Gordon,can't offer any advice regarding HuMas.

8. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Not sure matty . Does phil crampton hold sole rights to fitting tench regs now or is that just in the kalibrgun range was lead to belive in a nasty pm by a follwer of phil that hed made a deal with simon to be sole distributer of the tench regulator As i say the huma must be a good regulator as the tenched ultra my son had a few years back was awome on a chronograph

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  9. mattyts

mattyts Donator

XTX's website still has the Tench regs listed but now produced by the Rat Works.

HuMa regs are produced abroad I think by a guy called Marc (Ma) and someone else who I can't think of,the regs are good for Ultra SE's because,unlike other regs,they still allow the gauge read the cylinder pressure not reg pressure.

10. Geordie

Geordie Donator

Thanks chaps, I'm putting one on my birthday list:rolleyes::up:

11. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I'm thinking of one for my scorpion SE .25 but still in two minds. Ratworks have bought the rights to the tench reg, so they own the full job lot if I remember rightly

12. JSB888

JSB888 Keyboard Hero

Got one on my R-10, amazing!!
    2ft/sec spread from 232bar to 100bar. Super Carbine and still getting 150+ shots out of it :)

For less than 80quid, I think I'd consider putting one in any gun that I could fit one to!

13. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

14. sillygarry

sillygarry Posting Addict

can any idiot fit one ?????? or is there more involved ???????

15. rattus

rattus Donator

I changed my standard r10 regulator to a huma reg and it is far more consistant. they are easy to fit if you follow Darrin of xtx airs instructions. one word of warning tho, if you have had it blueprinted ect by john bowkett you will have problems as I did with mine. im pretty sure Darrin covers this on his website.

16. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

17. timmytree

timmytree Pro Poster

I've been looking at a HuMa reg to fit in a .177 S200 but I'm wondering if it's really worth the money and the effort?
    I currently get 40 ish shots in the sweet spot with 5-10 useable for a zero check first, that's from 155 bar down to 100 bar. With the HuMa it means filling to 190 bar and shooting down to 100 bar for about 60 shots. That extra bit from 160-190 bar is a lot of air/pumping for an extra 15 shots!
    Has anyone fitted one to an S200 and got better figures than that?
    Regards
    Tim

18. Geordie

Geordie Donator

Well, after waiting for these to come back into stock I took the plunge and ordered one on Monday and it turned up in super fast time this morning.:thumb:

It was quite easy to fit following Darrins youtube guides. Off with the A/T, out with the standard reg and in with the new HuMa jobby, jobs a goodun!:cool:

I did have a ten minute blonde moment when bolting the reg body back on, only to realise there must be summat missing:confused:. There was, a split washer that goes under the toast rack bolt:rolleyes: I found it on the garage floor trying to hide:tsk:.

I had a few mags over the chrono after a 200bar fill, to find that the power was exactly where I like it 11-11.2 fpe with an 8.4 grain pellet. Spot on Darrin, thanks.:thumb:

I'll put a few hundred pellets through her at the range on Thursday before doing a full shot string from 230 bar to see how things are.:)

19. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

Cannot comment on the Huma, weve had the silver Tench regs fitted to S200`s they extended the cyclinder i.e no air space is lost we got from a 200bar fill the 20MPa safe pressure and got 80+ shots till dropping of the reg.
    Bro`s is a MK2 action and mine a MK1 action, both guns had the regs fitted when we bought them 2nd hand.