1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

HPA Conversion by Bl4de-rr1

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by bl4de, Feb 26, 2014.

1. bl4de

bl4de Donator

My Ratty HPA Conversion

Required parts are Benjamin Discovery Valve & SMK XS79 Drop Block
    Valve:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First thing I did was to separate the Disco Valve and Ratty Valve, Combining the FRONT Section from the Disco Valve with the REAR Section of the Ratty Valve, using the Discovery Stem and Spring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please Note: Be careful when fitting front Trigger unit Screw as you may need to reduce the length.

Next up is the Thread removal of the Ratty Tube. (In my case I used a 2260 Tube but same procedure !) Measure back by 25mm this should ensure all the Thread is removed.
    I used a Pipe cutter to keep the cut line straight and true, you could always use a Jubilee Clip if you haven’t got Pipe cutter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the cut has been made ENSURE you clean up the cut from this .
    [​IMG]

To this.
    [​IMG]

Drop Block:
    This is how I got the Drop Block ( reasonably square ! ) Holes in the correct place. Using a 4.5 or 5mm Drill place on the cap end of the Tube and stand upright, use something Square you can stand behind the Drill bit to ensure it's not slanted.
    [​IMG]

Using the Rear section of the Discovery Valve I placed a small bolt into the Port hole and lined it up with the drill Bit at the rear, CAREFULLY marking the position of the lined up holes on the side.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Measuring back by 5mm Centre punched the position and pilot drilled with 3mm then opened up to 4.5mm
    [​IMG]

Again ENSURE these Holes are Burr free on the inside of the Tube or you'll get leakage. ( Nobody wants Leakage eh ! )
    [​IMG]

Rebuild:
    [​IMG]

Need to File out Barrel Band for Drop Block Screws if your using Standard Fore grip.
    [​IMG]

Here's the Downsides to this method.

Your Tank Must be fitted before refitting the Breech/Barrel assembly as depending on which Air Tank your using the Gauge and Fill Nipple won’t allow you to turn the Tank on/off !
    Using a Standard length Ratty Barrel 14.5" will fall behind the end of the tank therefore you will have to fit a Longer Barrel !

Please take the Barrel issue into account before you start this Conversion.

This is my Tac-Rat using a 12g converter as Tank hadn't arrived when pics taken.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Disclaimer:

If you proceed with the above, you do so at you own Risk and I take NO responsibility for your actions... If you have a Modified Valve or other Power adjusters CHECK YOU’RE POWER LEVELS, I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR POWER OUTPUT!!!

Pinning the Valve

Ensure you have the Valve port as central as possible inline with the Seal hole.

[​IMG]

Mark Appx 90 degrees on either side of the Tube with marker pen once happy with position, centre punch and drill using a 4.5mm Drill Bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Place in vice ( if you have access to a pillar Drill all the better ! ) and drill 5-6mm deep ( take your time and keep as true as possible ) Tap for M5 Grub Screws ( M5x5 ) and Fit one of the Grub Screws.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do this procedure one side at a time with Valve still in place as not to move position on your first hole.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It will be easier to do the Pinning procedure whilst doing the conversion but with care can also be done without total strip down of the gun.
    You should now have something looking like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would advise this procedure when converting to HPA for peace of Mind and know the Valve can’t go anywhere !

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  2. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Looks neat Ian, well done! :up:

3. reaper6

reaper6 Banned

Love threads like this.....cracking job mate:)

4. Dsmith

Dsmith Engaging Member

Looks sweet mate

5. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Look even better when she's had a coat of Drab Olive Green ! :)

6. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Oh I'm liking this Ian, great info with pics too :up:

7. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Thanks Simon, may do more like this with Photo's.

8. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Great stuff, I will be following this thread and the way your posting it is great :up:

9. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Will be having a Revision done to it tomorrow on pinning the Valve. may need to revise the Title also as it looks more like another build thread rather than a tutorial ! Maybe worth a sticky somewhere after the revision. ;)

Now Revised with Valve pinning

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  10. bl4de

bl4de Donator

And a new coat of Colour. Matt O/Green :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

very nice Ian
    am liking the tactical look

12. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Cheers Andy, makes a change from my usual Wooded guns ! :up:

13. ped

ped Keyboard Hero

looks good ian:up:
    finally got my .25 barrel for mine yesterday took a bit of adjusting to get the bnm breech to cycle properly then had to rapidly take it to pieces to change a few parts:eek:
    ped

14. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Look forward to seeing it Ped. I'm going to have to get a.25 Barrel when I'm Rich ! :D yeah fat chance of that happening !!! are they the same Diameter Barrel or bigger ? only asking because of the Barrel Band.

15. ped

ped Keyboard Hero

this ones a 14mm one from b&a http://www.bryanandac.com/Accessories.htm i had to alter it slightly to fit the bnm breech and had to alter the breech block leade as only barracudas would load
    to use this barrel on a 22xx you would have to use a breech riser or a raised breech and make a new band although you could grind/mill the underside of the barrel to clear the tube
    i'll put a few pics up over the weekend
    ped

16. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

Looking good very good indeed

17. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Added this afternoon a 20mm weaver mount to the side of the front Red dot mount ready for the laser to be fitted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. ped

ped Keyboard Hero

my versions ian a .20, .22 and the one i'm working on a .25
    ped

Attached Files:

19. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Some Nice looking Guns there ped ! Looking good with the raised Breeches and shrouds ! I've definitely got to do something about a riser of sorts.
    :up: BNM is out of the question for me at the moment ! :(

20. ped

ped Keyboard Hero

there was a post on capof by a bloke who was going to cnc some or try porky yorky for an undrilled qb78 riser
    ped