1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

How powerfull are .117's at 495 fps?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by ProjectCatnip3, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ProjectCatnip3

ProjectCatnip3 Newbie

The only air rifles they have around here are at canadian tire wich are overly priced 117's under 495 fps.Anything more powerfull and you need a frigin gun licence and have to register it wich im not about to do.They dont even have 22's.

Do i even have a chance of breaking the skin on a squirel,crow or groundhog?My friend shoots me with his 300 fps airsoft and its quite pathetic.Are these canadian tire guns just for target shooting or what.should i just save my money.

2. abc

abc Active Member

i think your best bet is to save your money as 495fps puts out only 4.5 ftlb which is nothing really. in the uk we have pistols putting out more power than that :D

stephen

3. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

.177 is powerful enough to bury itself an inch deep in my uncovered leg at 30 yards. (don't ask) My .177 will take the head right off a gopher at about 25 yards, so it'll do just fine for your intentions.

P.S Where in Canada are you?