1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice How much is all this worth...

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by eagle2508, May 9, 2014.

1. eagle2508

eagle2508 Well-Known Member

Due to it not getting used and some recent big changes in my life I'm thinking about selling up, I really have no idea how much this is all worth on the second hand market so could do with some advice please. I'm based in Cheltenham and would only really consider a face to face sale.

I would prefer to sell everything together but would consider splitting items up if I was to get a far better price. The MK4 shoots perfectly each and every time and far more accurate than I'll ever be, it has a moderator but I'm unsure of the brand, it isn't Daystate.

Daystate Mark 4 iS ST .177 - immaculate, RH stock has been oiled and looks stunning, purchased earlier this year. I think it has had at a push 2 tins of pellets put through, AA Diablo Fields. Charger and paperwork also included.

Hawke Eclipse 30SF 6-24x50

Rowan Engineering Single Slot Loader

2x Genuine Daystate Magazines

Daystate Hard Carry Case

Camo Soft Carry Case

3 litre buddy tank with hose and gauge fitted, probably about 4 or 5 refills worth left in it.

Combro cb-625 Chronoscope Mk4 with alignment tube (used once, comes with spare batteries)

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  2. neiled

neiled Donator

I think you'd be better off splitting it up as you'd get more for them. To find someone that want's everything in the spec that your offering is going to be a hard find but you should be able to find buyers easier if you split them up as your selling quality items, shame it's .177 or I'd make you an offer on the magazines.

3. eagle2508

I don't mind splitting it all up apart from one magazine will stay with the rifle, what value do you think is fair for the individiual items?

4. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

Up to 850 as whole kit on a good day here or on the dark side
    Up to 950+ if u sell all spare bits on bay (fees paid)
    If u not in hurry, try to put on gun* for 1075 first, but not garanteed.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  5. eagle2508

in total new there's £1,800.00 worth of kit here and it's only a few months old... You really think it's only worth £850? :protest: :facepalm: :Cry:

6. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

I would say
    combro £30-35
    Bottle £80-100
    Mk4/case/mags/single shot £700-750
    Scope im not to sure

Ive been looking at a mk4 today. Lovely rifles and for some reason prices are coming down fast. Not sure if its because daystate are going to be releasing a new wolverine e type soon. But current new price is £1099 for a new mk4is with 2 magazines and an airstream moderator.

7. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

U will not get any full cash on any of the forums, as not too many people have a spare grand.

Try to split the kit

All, except the daystate can nicely go on bay for about 70% of cash you paid (sometimes up to 85%)

Case, I presume, can go up to 65 pounds

The mk4 itself can go for 750 (as adviced above) but it.s hard to sell the gun oly with no free extras.

Now you really have a hard task to get some reasonable price for your kit, but wish you to find a good buyer.

8. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

I.m not offering you any cash, as I have all about the same kit now and too many daystates in my collection :)

9. neiled

neiled Donator

I'd go with these prices other than the bottle and hose being at least £120 and the scope about £180.

Your problem is prices are only worth what someone is prepared to pay..........it's a buyers market

10. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

100% right,
    Earlier this year I.ve sold mk4is in panther stock, with mtc scope and original daystate case for 850 only as I had to pay that eve for repairing my crappy car to have it prepared for next morning.
    Still regred for that.

11. eagle2508

That's the thing, it's only ever worth the price people are willing to pay, if I'm going to lose over 50% of the original purchase prices though I think I may just try and find a way to keep it...

long hard thought is needed now I think....

12. neiled

neiled Donator

Welcome to my world..........I've been a national sales manager for 25 years and it really grates to have to sell at below true worth but that's what's happening especially over the past few years.

Nobody's interested in whole life cost or value for money...........it always comes down to the cheapest price and someone is always prepared to do it for next to nothing:(

13. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

sorry I would have to disagree with you on the bottle £80-£100 they are only £120 new from go-dive and postage is £7.50

14. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Just read the same question over on the darkside, a member on there reckons its worth £1400:laff: second hand.

The next post says £850-900.

15. eagle2508

I think £1400 is a tad optimistic LOL but I really can't/won't let it go for less than half the original cost when it's barely used and only a few months old.

I'll get some pictures of everything tomorrow and put it up for sale officially but if I'm going to lose an absolute fortune I think I'll do my best to find a way to keep it.... I really don't want to sell it if I can at all help it :(

16. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I'm paying £850 for a mint mk4 is st, with daystate fitted studs and a carbon fibre daystate mod, is this too much?

17. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Not at all, if thats what you want to pay then thats the right price. As people have said before, its worth what someone wants to pay for it.

18. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

IMO:
    So a shade under a grand to just under £1300, depending.. as already mentioned you'll get more by splitting it and selling separately. Bear in mind that it's pretty much a buyer's market atm, so you'd probably be looking at nearer the lower end of this estimate..

19. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

I would say that list at 1300 as kit
    If no intrest within two weeks, keep going down to whatever is a reasonable price for u (reasonable losses)
    Anyway it.s hard to sell anything over one grand as it.s some psychological mark for lot of people

20. Pelletpower

Pelletpower Donator

I'll give ya £750 cash tomorrow mate :)