1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

How many rifles

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Gollum, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Gollum

Gollum Donator

How many do you have, so far I have 3, Diana 280k, HW50s and Hatsan 60S. Do you use them all, or does your favorite one get all the attention? Maybe you have rifles for specific tasks, short range ratting, Ft, plinking? would love to hear your stories. I think I may end up being a favorite most of the time, but cant stop buying type:D

2. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

6 at present, HW97kt, HW98, HW99S, HW100kt FSB, Air Arms S400, BSA Meteor. Don't get much chance to use any of them to be honest, but I like a tinker and keeping grubby finger marks off them but I will have a period where they'll all be out a good bit over a pup,e of weeks then back in their holders. Hence... I'm a **** shot :(

3. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

. hope Pete (gantongunner) don't see this,we may be here some time while he names them lol:)

4. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Just the 2 for me
    HW100KT in .20
    Custom Rapid MK2 full leftie
    [​IMG]

I probably pick the HW up more often but they're both great guns

5. timmytree

timmytree Pro Poster

Just 2 now and will never need another.
    A prosport for plinking and static shooting over decoys and rabbit warrens, nearly always with a seat and padded sticks. An S200 for walkabout shooting and lamping, again used with sticks but so much lighter for walking with. Don't need anything else.

6. johnbaz

johnbaz Big Poster

I've slightly over 100 and over 30 pistols (not going to name them :up: )

If anyone wants to have a look, most of them are here..

John :)

7. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

I have:

A Theoben Eliminator in .22;
    An AA S410 in .22;
    A HW80 in .22;
    A HW97 in .22;
    A BSA Airsporter Stutzen in .22;
    A HW97 in .177;
    A HW95 in .177.

I think that's about it... At the moment the .177's are getting most of the love.

8. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

Some beauties there... Tell me, is that a pellet through the finger tip in one of the pics? Looks sore.

9. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

John love that rhino scope mate,brings back memory's :)

10. scanner

scanner Engaging Member

think you may need to join AA....airguns anonymous :eek: but you do have a nice collection i'm well jell as the young'un say

11. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

I'm running low atm,
    Walther lg300 dommie
    walther lp400 target pistol
    AA Pro-sport
    AA rapide
    jackal ar7
    jackal parabellum
    gamo whiper igt

Sure I have more :confuzed:

12. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

We have four rifles

HW100k .177 (hers)
    Daystate Regal .177 (hers)
    Sumatra Stinger .22 (mine)
    TX200 .177 (mine)

At one point I think I had about a dozen, but that was getting out of control! These four are staying, others may come and go along the way, but we have all bases covered with these.

13. Speed

Speed Busy Member

i have
    ev2 mk4, ft setup
    daystate air ranger, hft/hunting setup
    hw95, currently in bits as i stripped it after a wet british recoil championship and its stayed in bits

oh and i have a brocock grand prix that i use for NEFTA pistol shoots

14. bhodge

bhodge Posting Addict

Just three for me - (as listed in my signature).
    I tend to use the two HW97's fairly frequently, the S200 on the other hand is seldom used these days.

15. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

Can we see the stutzen?

16. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

I was going to try and get down to 1 rifle but so far im finding it hard. i have currently got it down to two which is very good for me.

17. Seamaster

Seamaster Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Just three for me.
    An HW100 KS in .177 for hide shooting.
    An HW100 KT in .22 for rat shooting.
    An HW100 full length in a CS700 stock for shooting rabbits off a bipod.
    Lots of add ons like Rowan triggers and cylinder bands, Hugget shrouds and silencers and A&M cylinders so that they're just how I want them.
    I did have an HW95k with a tinbum kit fitted but I sold it to a mate because he wanted it more than I did.

Chris

18. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

19. Spewy

Spewy Donator

Hw100kt in .177
    stingray .20
    arriving hm1000 .20 full lefty
    huntsman regal .20 sons
    ultra se .177 sons
    hw95 soon to be donated
    will be down to two soon and keep .20 cal pcps I think

20. johnbaz

johnbaz Big Poster

Hi Dave

I committed the cardinal sin of pointing a gun at something that I shouldn't have!!

When I bought a Crosman 338, I put a cart in and shot a few *** then akll the gas leaked away so I put another cart in, shot a couple of *** then emptied the mag, trouble was that i'd forgotten that steel BB guns have a magnetic breech to stopp the *** rolling out if the gun is pointed down!
    I put the gun away for a week and fully expected it to be empty of gas so I pulled the trigger but put my hand in front to see if there was going to be even the slightest bit of gas come out!!

It hadn't leaked and there was still a BB in the breech :eek::eek:

I was amazed that a cheap BB gun could do so much damage! There was a neat round hole in my finger and claret all over the place :eek:

Had to have the BB surgically removed, It had entered the pad and somehow travelled around the bone!!

Strangeley there was absol;utely no pain at any stage up to it healing completely!

The nick was where the doc in A&E tried to make a bigger hole to extract it!! He failed but the young lady surgeon had it out in no time! :cool:

Hi Gassy

The illuminated ret in the Rhino os a central dot and a horizontal shot line either side, there's a pic of it on the side of the scope! :up:

I was told I had G.A.S. (Gun Acquisition Syndrome- alas there's no cure :( )

Bb's has been censored out!! :D

Cheers, John :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015